:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

the midsole (the white part, not the clear part) of my xi are showing signs of coming off. i am not the og owner. how can i prevent this.
can i use a glue gun ang apply hot glue?

I don't know if this is in here it's so long but I found out the other day that the majic spounge eraser from mr. clean works amazing. I was about tosell some forces and my car peadels are so close to the ground that it often makes the back of my shoes dirty. I used to use baby wipes and thought that wasgreat but if you use the majic eraser on soles of your shoes and any leater or basically any material besides suede and nubuck. It works AMAZING!!!! They arecheap like $3 for 4 of them.

****they do leave some crumbles all over but just wipe those away with a napkin or your hand and your shoes look brand new.

help with my og xiis
i scrubbed consttantly with soap and water and even tried rubbing alcohol
i cant get em white
there a dingy dull creme color and i hate it
mad.gif

any tips
someone suggested ajax but ill try that last
edit: here are a couple pics
347949125.jpg

347949123.jpg

347949126.jpg

347949128.jpg

minor scuffs as well
any help is appreciated

Anybody uses Jason Markk sneaker solution soap? some info of how well it cleans would be great.

I have a similar problem as the guy above with the Taxis.. I recently purchased some OG 12s and I was wondering, how can I get the soles white after they haveturned yellow? Would sea glow work with this, or is sea glow just for plastic? How about a Mr Clean eraser? Tide to go Pen? haha Any suggestion...

dbc36a973082990cf031c3a10b040535b7d319c8.pjpg
ac016f3f9ef9c509036786eca55dac10e2ac93ec.pjpg
f8e264039c93ff4bce20a70582c5422d20cee387.pjpg

Originally Posted by Souljaman22

help with my og xiis
i scrubbed consttantly with soap and water and even tried rubbing alcohol
i cant get em white
there a dingy dull creme color and i hate it
mad.gif

any tips
someone suggested ajax but ill try that last
edit: here are a couple pics
347949125.jpg

347949123.jpg

347949126.jpg

347949128.jpg

minor scuffs as well
any help is appreciated
You can try a MR Clean Magic Eraser. That helped with mine

One pair of my true blues are messed up. The part near the air bubble, the rubber has little holes in it and I was wondering has anyone done a sole swap and ifits possible?

Originally Posted by FPSee

Originally Posted by ErickM713

I'm trying to see if there's anyway to make the creases less noticeable or go away and how can I fix the scuffing and fix the discoloration on the suede kicks.

I'm cleaning them up since I'm gonna sell all 3 pairs to a friend for $325

for creases, use an iron with a hot wet towel over the creased area.
for scuffs, it depends what kind of a scuff it is.
paint chipping, repaint
suede discoloration, if its faded apply dime sized baby oil on the area.
But where can I get that patented shine that the midsoles have?
Only paint I can find is regular black shoe paint and that paint always turns flat black!

I decided I'm going to seaglow my V's, but I have no idea how to do this. I got a pair of XX2 beaters that I'll attempt first on, but when I lookon the website they sell like 4 different kinds of seaglow. Which one do I use?

How can i remove stains from the taxi 12's leather??? do ya'll recommend alcohol??? please help?

are my columbias salvageable? I've tried sea glowing them a few times but do not seem to be gettin much in the way of results. Though I may be a littletoo ADD and impatient.

^those can still be seaglowed, u just need patience. u can check the restorations forum on ISS, they good details on how to do it.

I've got another question about keeping soles icy. I've seen alot of different methods of preventing yellowing on AJV's, VI's, XI's andXVI's.. they range from throwing in silica packets to sealing them up in ziploc bags.. one common issue I've seen with all of these methods however isthat the shoes tend to dry up, resulting in cracking at the midsole should someone actually wear em.. Right now I have chosen a different route; these shoesare already wrapped with the paper wrapping that comes in the box, so I have decided to additionally wrap these with a black garbage bag, or the dark plasticbags that a new leather jacket typically comes inside. Note that I am not sealing the shoes inside the bag but rather just wrapping shoes with the bag, thuskeeping light out of the box as much as possible.

Do you think that this is a better solution to preventing the yellowing of these soles, or well this condition still occur regardless (unless I start using theaforementioned silica packet or ziploc methods?)

Thanks for your assistance!

Originally Posted by LennDawg

I have a similar problem as the guy above with the Taxis.. I recently purchased some OG 12s and I was wondering, how can I get the soles white after they have turned yellow? Would sea glow work with this, or is sea glow just for plastic? How about a Mr Clean eraser? Tide to go Pen? haha Any suggestion...

dbc36a973082990cf031c3a10b040535b7d319c8.pjpg
ac016f3f9ef9c509036786eca55dac10e2ac93ec.pjpg
f8e264039c93ff4bce20a70582c5422d20cee387.pjpg

Tide go pens suck!!! and they stink they smell like someone threw up. Try the majic eraser, get it wet with hot water squeez it and works wonders. My forceswere thrashed back of them almost black. I was about to toss them tried the eraser and they look great.

Originally Posted by Respinda

I've got another question about keeping soles icy. I've seen alot of different methods of preventing yellowing on AJV's, VI's, XI's and XVI's.. they range from throwing in silica packets to sealing them up in ziploc bags.. one common issue I've seen with all of these methods however is that the shoes tend to dry up, resulting in cracking at the midsole should someone actually wear em.. Right now I have chosen a different route; these shoes are already wrapped with the paper wrapping that comes in the box, so I have decided to additionally wrap these with a black garbage bag, or the dark plastic bags that a new leather jacket typically comes inside. Note that I am not sealing the shoes inside the bag but rather just wrapping shoes with the bag, thus keeping light out of the box as much as possible.

Do you think that this is a better solution to preventing the yellowing of these soles, or well this condition still occur regardless (unless I start using the aforementioned silica packet or ziploc methods?)

Thanks for your assistance!

well it'll slow down the process of aging but it'll still yellow because air and moisture can pass through the opening.

Originally Posted by eeibaby

How can you clean paint off the elephant print of True Blue IIIs

try scraping it off with a knife but on the edge.

Guys please help!

I didn't even know they were there until today.
frown.gif

Is there any way i can clean these scratches?!?!:

Even if there's a way to make them not as noticable, that would be GREATLY appreciated
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom