:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Originally Posted by jpena0306

sooo i repainted the midsoles on my wc 3's a couple of days ago...and i wore them today and i noticed a scuff on the black part that wraps around the midsole soooo i tried to wipe it with water and a face towel and noticed that i wiped a small area of where i repainted. i'm assuming i wiped too hard? but question is...how many layers should i paint sooo i can avoid accidentally chipping/wiping down an area that i repainted? thanks
3-5 depending on paint used

thanks nostalgickickz for the help
happy.gif

i plan on copping multiple pairs of DB VIs

i wanted to know how i should store them and in what weather conditions should i rock them in to decrease the amount of yellowing

whats the fastest way to get the mesh white again on my concords?i was thinking barkeepers, but anyone recommend anything else?Oh, and where can i findbarkeepers and how do i mix it?

The back of my french blue VIIs, where it says the number 23, has begun to crack. Pictured is the right shoe, I just noticed now that the same thing isstarting to happen on the left shoe...What would be the best thing to use for this? please help

b8vjmp.jpg

thanks!

anybody
I have two questions

1. How do i bring back the suede on my XX3 black/red?
2. Do you think the cleaner will be able sew the stitchin to the patent leather on my 6 rings...it's a litte rip by the bottom of the shoestrings

Instead of using shoe goo or gorilla glue on the XI soles to put back on, what about mighty mend it???Its clear in color..

i'm going to answer as many of these questions as possible for everyone since i don't usually check nt that much anymore for this reason or thatreason, but here goes.
-jcool813- wow those vi's are ugly imo but if you want to know how to store, most people usually take out the paper and leave a silica gel pack for anyexcess moisture. store the box in a cool dark place. as far as preventing yellowing in the clear parts, it's going to happend no matter what. just keepsome sea glow handy and use it occasionally after you notice it's not as clear as before due to age or from constant wearing.
-nyrealhiphop- if you don't want to use bkf, you can use rit whitener. both bkf and rit can be found in target, wal-mart, etc. proper mixture for bkf is apaste, not too dry or too wet. if you don't trust yourself doing the bkf, i recommend the rit. i have both of these cleaners and they work great, just bkfgets the mesh a lot more whiter.
luis og13s and majornvmminor- both of you can use epoxy glue for your problems. the epoxy should work for the back tab on the vii's. as far as the brediv's, this is only a short term solution. the shoe will crack more as it gets older due to it being dried out. so watch out for future cracking.
-yungsmoke82- use a suede/nubuck spray cleaner to help bring back the area. if it doesn't work, then get some angelus shoe dye. as far as the stitching,can't really give you any advice other than maybe some epoxy glue to seal the area from further ripping.
-j671- who told you to use gorilla glue on the soles of xi's? this stuff is so hard after it dries up i couldn't even recommend it for this kind ofwork. from my own personal experience on fixing soles on xi's, shoe goo or epoxy glue is the way to go. is mighty mend that crap that billy mays peddled oninfomercials some time back? i think he ate this stuff and that's why he passed away! but if mighty mend if similar to an epoxy or shoe goo than icouldn't see why it wouldn't work. just try a small area first on the soles and see if holds up. if it does, then proceed with the rest of the shoe.
-chief ediri- i bet that the pods are just really yellowed. if this is the case, your only alternative to this dilemma is to repaint the pods with angeluspaint. nothing else seems to work for this problem. good luck to all of you and hope this helps.

Can I use seaglow on the Jordan V netting if it is yellowing? Is the sea glow too strong to use for it? And if so, what should I use in replace of that?

is there anyway that if i put seaglow on these it would clear the soles??? and are there any consequences if i put the seaglow on the soles

allrite
how should i take care of:

dirt stains

wet suede that dried and turned ashy/rough

jean stains on suede/nubuck

pen marks

thanx

Hey guys I had to move my post into here but, anyway here is a possible yellowing solution....
Now I know this is just for old plastic, but it may work on yellowing soles of Jordans. It is the same concept of oxidation. http://retr0bright.wikispaces.com/. There are several youtube videos of how people make this stuff, just type inretr0bright and you can see people restoring old yellowed consoles.

Originally Posted by grape tonguez

allrite
how should i take care of:

dirt stains

wet suede that dried and turned ashy/rough

jean stains on suede/nubuck

pen marks

thanx
try using a swede/nubuck cleaner for all of those..

Originally Posted by jordanjunky22

is there any way that if i put seaglow on these it would clear the soles??? and are there any consequences if i put the seaglow on the soles
just make sure you apply in the sun, and reapply every 30-45 min for 2-4 hours...and clean sole after your done.

Originally Posted by luis og13s

much respect to pimpjobu for answering my question

where can u get epoxy glue?
ebay. home depot. ace harware. lowes...

Originally Posted by Israeln23

Whats a good to store your sneakers?
nerd.gif
the og box? dry and dark place. NOT in the sun, damp or in dirt
grin.gif

maybe you wanna put a scila* pack in the box as well.

hope that helps all of you.

Originally Posted by grape tonguez

what brand of suede/nubuck cleaner should I use? Should I also get a suede eraser/brush?
in all honesty i have the foam and spray suede/nubuck cleaner and the eraser. with the areas that you clean will dictate which cleaner you need. iusually use the eraser for marks like ink and darker spots. don't use the eraser too much on the same area as it might damage the texture and tear it up.as far as the spray or foam, i use the spray for lighter colored suede/nubuck like the hare vii's and the foam for darker color suede/nubuck like your cdpxvii's. it's helpful to have all of these on hand so you try one and move on to the next one if it doesn't cut it for you.

Hi i have a couple questions about my 3s and 10s

jordan 3s

Does anyone had discoloration issues on the elephant print of the 3's. i tried to clean it with the nubuck brush wont really work. the grey is a bityellowish

Foam midsole yellowing a bit... anyone found a solution for this except repaint ?

What is the best paint to fix scratches on the nike logo on the back plate of the 3s? Angelus ?

whats the best way to clean a foggy air bubble rubbing alcool ?

OG 10s

the suede became darker a a bit "spotty" after the years i cleaned it with the nubuck eraser/brush but i was wondering if theres any product tahtwould restored them back near original condition.

lilscratch on the foam... anyone tried to "buff" it with something ?

thank you all and sorry if the answers to my problems were posted already... i tried reading most of this thread but i cant read all 118 pages....

Back
Top Bottom