Official Sonic the Hedgehog(Headchog) Thread - Knuckles Series OTW!!

i didnt say sonic games were cool post the 90s

i said sonic himself was always cool

either way, we need to fight....i feel attacked

Wouldn't shock me in the slightest if they'd have a true Sonic rendering ready to go, and the two-eyed we were initially given was to draw attention.

Wouldn't shock me in the slightest if they'd have a true Sonic rendering ready to go, and the two-eyed we were initially given was to draw attention.

it's plausible, but at same time they were teasing da movie poster showing just his leg and it looked like da ugly version.

No way I’m giving a studio like Paramount that much credit to pull such a genius marketing strategy

That Sonic design is 100% serious and they really thought that it was okay

Conspiracy theories aside, i'm just glad that the director took the criticism in stride and vows to correct his look. I was going to support the movie anyways because i'm a life long sonic fan , but now i'm feeling excited for this movie. It'd be funny if they threw an inside joke in the movie about his initial character design.

Then don't make a live action movie. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Translating Pokémon into live action accurately is definitely more difficult than it should’ve been for Sonic since they have to balance Pokémon already being based on real life animals and objects. But hey, they actually did it and did it well

Sonic already being an unrealistic, cartoony as hell character should’ve made this simple

Plus, a lot of Sonic’s games already take place in the human world so it’s not something anyone shouldn’t be used to by now

If they would’ve just came out with his regular design from the jump, nobody would’ve batted an eye

They made a live action movie with Picachu's original design. So i'm not seeing what the problem is....

For the last time Pikachu isn't an exaggerated and stylized mimicry of 1920s funny animals. He's just a weird looking yellow rodent thing.

Pokemon in general are strange looking but they rarely sacrifice basic principles of anatomy for stylistic reasons - at least not on the extreme level of a Sonic the Hedgehog.

Squirtle doesn't have a single eye with two pupils.

Rattatta's mouth doesn't only ever exist in the corner of his face or not at all sometimes. You ever notice that Sonic just has zero lips or mouth sometimes? It's because he's exaggerated and stylized.

Do you understand what I'm getting at?
Detective Pikachu works because the Pokemon are seamlessly blended into the established world of the movie.

With Sonic they're going for a "creature from another dimension" angle but with a design like that it just looks like Roger Rabbit.

It doesn't matter anyway. This movie is not going to be good.

:lol: @ taking issue with listening to the criticism of people you expect to spend their money on your product.

I’m glad they’re doing this. Whether it was intentional or not, this was some amazing marketing.

While we are on the subject, can we fix Dr. Robotnik.

Dude is supposed to be fat and evil but Jim Carey has him lookin like a vegan hipster pedophile.

While we are on the subject, can we fix Dr. Robotnik.

Dude is supposed to be fat and evil but Jim Carey has him lookin like a vegan hipster pedophile.

Actually at the end of the trailer he look like(well at least has the mustache) of Dr. Robotnik as we know him.

Back
Top Bottom