Official Spurs(4)vs Clippers(0) Series Thread. Sweep City, Sweep Sweep CIty

Originally Posted by knightngale

does this mean that Hollins is even worse than del negro?

how did the spurs do against the thunder this year?

Hell no.
Hollins does more good than bad. Look at the players he's turned around. And he lost his best or 2nd best player in each of the last two seasons and basically had the team overachieve. He has a problem with managing the game sometimes, but that will come as he gets more experience (at least I hope). Lionel did a good job out coaching Pop last year and stuck with a game plan. He had a lack of trust in certain players this season compared to last year, specifically in the backcourt. You could tell by the weird substitution patterns he would throw out there when Conley was out the game. 

Originally Posted by Antidope

Well that's it. The Clippers have had their soul taken from them.

Nothings worse than having hope only to have it ripped away from youDudes keep bringing up this 2007is thing as if we haven't made solid playoff runs year after year. I wasn't aware we were supposed to win every year like the Lakers heat or any other team has. Oh wait.... they haven't. We've been a contender every year since 1999I and that's more than any other team can say

thank you. Dudes act like we are supposed to get a ring every year. They always nitpicking

good game Clips

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Wow, completely forgot about this game.

This hack a Reggie... gotta see this in action
laugh.gif

Kawhai Lenoard really fell into the perfect place for him. Dude needed a good NBA coach to reach his potential and he got one.

Clippers offense gets so stagnant its ridiculous. CP3 just don't have it this series, he's banged up and playing against a perfect defensive game plan.

Clippers have been exposed as the frauds they are. I have hated the Spurs for years but this year I like them. I hope Timmy wins it

Leonard is like a tall and athletic version of Kerr/Paxson and still a rookie
sick.gif

Then they have those other 2 guards that are lite versions of Leonard.

Those 3 dudes and Diaw are the main reason the Spurs are steamrolling everyone.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

NBA Champs, I said this after those trades at the deadline.
Love when dudes post comment like this. We dont believe you, you need more people. Everyone had the SPURS losing in the 1st round.

Link or it never happen.

Shout-out to AntiDope for holding it down from the jump. But AD said 5 games tho.
30t6p3b.gif
Cant get them all right I guess.
laugh.gif
f4e16f43b48cec5ce96f7cbcebbd3986d24379af.gif

One more game. Lets do this!

ds_img_direct.php

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy

Paraphrasing but Pop's comments post-game...

Reporter: "17 wins in a row. How are you doing it?"

Pop: "I don't know."

Reporter: "Can you sum up in a few words why you guys are so special right now?"

Pop: "No."

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Pop best coach in the history of the NBA
pimp.gif

Most likely the last home game of the season today. Hope everybody gives this team a standing ovation for the season we had this year. Wish we would have had a healthy CP3 or Blake for this series to at least steal a game but all in all a decent season. Even after the CP3 trade I expected a 7/8 seed and to be bounced in the first round
laugh.gif

The WCF should be exciting this year
pimp.gif

The spurs used to be a boring team to watch

I would've care how many games they won , so when they played on T.V i would change it

This is one of the most consistent NBA teams I seen in awhile.

Coming from a Heat fan , they have the best chance to win it all .

Honestly this is my first time admitting to it

hopefully deandre and blake can improve and be hungry after this season. old man duncan is killing them with fundamentals. these kids should take notes. learn a couple moves over the offseason, improve that ft. bright future. just not their time.

Clipper Nation better give this team a standing O at the beginning and end of the game. We will regroup this offseason and comeback with a vengeance next season. Hope Vinnie, Gomes, Mo and Foye can be replaced with a better coach, real backup SF, Ray Allen and possibly another big. Also, Blake and DeAndre need to pay a visit to Hakeem this summer for obvious reasons. Spurs and OKC are great teams for us to take notes on how to build a contender correctly. Much respect to Pop, the big three and the rest of them dudes on that dangerous team. I still wish we could win at least one game but with a cripple CP and Blake not sure that will happen. However, it was nice to get a glimpse of our future backcourt in Young and Bledsoe and watch Evans and Kmart play with such heart. All in all I'M NOT EVEN MAD about how this season went although I still don't want it to end today. See all you haters in a few months.
laugh.gif

Was at the game yesterday...

Noticed Blake and Duncan talking a bit during random moments of the game. Thought that was pretty neat
pimp.gif
. You can tell they have a ton of respect for eachother.

Fans were heated/frustrated with Pop doing the hack-a-Reggie/DJ technique. I thought it was smart. Our glaring weakness is FT shooting, so why not exploit it to gain an advantage? It killed all of our momentum whenever we were able to cut into the lead.

I knew our lead wasn't going to last at all though. Pop is a genius at in-game adjustments. Meanwhile, VDN was clueless as to what to do when the Spurs made their run.

It's so hard NOT to like the Spurs though. Such a smart organization. Much respect to them. I'll definitely be rooting for them for the remainder of the playoffs.

Anyways, If we lose tonight, I definitely expect an ovation from the crowd. There was a slight ovation yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom