Official Stand Up Comedy Thread

Incredibly famous young black dude in the 80s coke era. No wonder he may have made some questionable decisions in his 30s and later, He did it all at least 3 times.

i don’t understand why the fake stand up video is a mental health issue. everyone puts out fake videos for views. that’s no different

Checked out Ali Siddiq at the Improv Saturday. I can see him getting the exposure he deserves. Really good story teller.

Attachments

• IMG_1287.jpeg
    IMG_1287.jpeg
    88.9 KB · Views: 1,029
His new special easily one of my favorites out of this year. He was just on Rogan and has been doin all the popular podcasts, although those depend on chemistry

Any of y’all go to comedy clubs? I been thinking about going this summer since I got a lot of down time.

I try to hit up a comedy show whenever I go out of town.

But there are so many regular comedy shows (good or bad, still entertaining) each week in major cities.

Easy thing to get into.

Feel like the material he did B4 the Domino Effect series leant less on story. Hopefully he doesn't quit after and does more stuff after

I try to hit up a comedy show whenever I go out of town.

But there are so many regular comedy shows (good or bad, still entertaining) each week in major cities.

Easy thing to get into.
I’m in nyc I’m assuming here and la prolly big time areas for comedy. Gunna give it a shot

Any of y’all go to comedy clubs? I been thinking about going this summer since I got a lot of down time.

yeah I frequent the cellar/their other rooms and a few other spots in the city fairly often. Got a few buddies that are comedians so it's always a fun time

Love Normand on podcasts
Thought his special was slightly above average
Watching it right now. 20 minutes through. It’s not bad. Like you said tho, love him on pods. I feel that way about a lot of my favorite comedians. Such big fans of them on pods, but the standup doesn’t always live up to listening them in conversation.

The second half of this bit is one of my favorites.
The humanity. The story telling. Reaches me on a different level than most stand up.

Watching it right now. 20 minutes through. It’s not bad. Like you said tho, love him on pods. I feel that way about a lot of my favorite comedians. Such big fans of them on pods, but the standup doesn’t always live up to listening them in conversation.

This is why comedy is stale overall imo. They build up cult podcast/online followings so their shows/tours sell out but their stand up weak.

Theo Von is a perfect example and most of the guys under that Rogan umbrella.

There needs to be a separate category like they do with the skit/social media guys.

Back
Top Bottom