OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Stupid to think like this but wish I didn’t waste so much time and funds learning about so many companies. Shoulda just threw it all into tsla, nvda, aapl, se, and call it a day. Not to say there aren’t other winners or others that have outperformed these, these are just my main winners

Felt like I was getting myself into analysis paralysis, so I just said "**** it" and purchased my first options contract: NVDA $280 call with 11/12 expiration. Feel like NVDA has been running so hopefully the contract pays out before expiration.

And I'm now ITM on this call...my first ever...

tumblr_m0tw1iujza1r8kl40.gif

#NVDAganggang

Asset management has to be one of the top business models
Yes and no. Getting started is horrible but once you have it set up its amazing. Especially in the high net worth space retail asset management is terrible though.

Fee compression is coming for it though in every sector. Publics, privates, hedge funds, you name it.

Especially in the high net worth space retail asset management is terrible though.
Tell me why im not taking up my gf's work's offer to get an interview. The horror stories I've heard man. Not trying to convince boomers with money why a simple-minded millenial should be in charge of their money. Especially in a bear market.

But the salary and bonus tho...

do you prefer institutions?
Institutions are kinda rough too, because of the boards and the need for IPS/constant rebalancing. Individuals who have institutional money are really where its at

They're also way less sticky. A new board member joins who knows a guy or just randomly wants to do an RFP and put the account up for bid elsewhere. Individuals don't do that. The switching costs are too high for them to deal with generally.

Tell me why im not taking up my gf's work's offer to get an interview. The horror stories I've heard man. Not trying to convince boomers with money why a simple-minded millenial should be in charge of their money. Especially in a bear market.

But the salary and bonus tho...
Lol I love it though I am the wrong person to ask because I will shill for this all day long. I totally agree though I am not senior enough yet to really be able to swing things in my favor and to keep it real... I'm black and we all know how this REALLY works.

There's not as much upside if you arent running your own book, but there's still money to be made if you end up in a support/junior advisor role.

When you're at a big shop you're backed by so much institutional knowledge/research that you really can make it work though as long as people are willing to listen to you and get the biases out of your head. A lot of my ideas aren't truly my own. The broad basis comes down from up top and I tweak based on client circumstances.

do you have an example? I'm not sure I understand
A person that has $10 million or more. An ultra high net worth person. They're people who are referred to as having institutional money and can invest in the way that institutions do

A person that has $10 million or more. An ultra high net worth person. They're people who are referred to as having institutional money and can invest in the way that institutions do

ok, gotcha .... the same people having their personal taxes done by a big four

Lol I love it though I am the wrong person to ask because I will shill for this all day long. I totally agree though I am not senior enough yet to really be able to swing things in my favor and to keep it real... I'm black and we all know how this REALLY works.

There's not as much upside if you arent running your own book, but there's still money to be made if you end up in a support/junior advisor role.

When you're at a big shop you're backed by so much institutional knowledge/research that you really can make it work though as long as people are willing to listen to you and get the biases out of your head. A lot of my ideas aren't truly my own. The broad basis comes down from up top and I tweak based on client circumstances.
That's fair, about being able to leverage institutional knowledge to your own message. I do that in my current job but being in insurance my clients dont pretend to know what I'm talking about. Idk, I'm happy with the level of pressure im under now, not trying to take on more stress in a new industry for a marginal salary increase 🤷‍♂️

Biggest regret this year was not adding NVDA to my Roth back when they split. They've been on such a tear.

Hope SQ, PTON and PINS deliver something good today. Have faith in 2 of those names and then there's Pinterest :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom