OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Damn, upset I passed on getting Rivian and Lucid shares

Same, I had a handful of LCID that I was just letting ride and now I wish I would have gotten more. No one could have known though, it just skyrocketed out of nowhere. The only thing that makes me weary is if it goes up this fast there could be some big profit taking at any time.

How's everyone's doing on their do nothing pre tax 401ks? I'm at +29% ytd, +36% year to year dated, and +50% 2 years out ( I think I was in the red at a certain point around 3/20, so the decline was harsh, as well as this rise. )

Solid recovery. I do this for that 10% tax break for retirement come tax time, so anything above 10% is a come up.

Still got a month and half to go for the year. Does anyone ever re allocate or move funds? There's many 1% safe growth funds set for 2050-2070 for retirement. Wonder if that's safer than keeping it all in true active markets.

Yea I think 2022 will be the year of EV plays.

Watch those garbage marijuana stocks also from December to February.

Keep getting notifications from my Yahoo finance app that “DKNG hit a 52 week low”
Definitely didn’t expect in the heart of football season with gambling as mainstream as it’s ever been, socially and legally welcomed, that dkng would be such a turd. Holding a bag smh. Want to take it off my yahoo watch list so I stop getting notifications though

Keep getting notifications from my Yahoo finance app that “DKNG hit a 52 week low”
Definitely didn’t expect in the heart of football season with gambling as mainstream as it’s ever been, socially and legally welcomed, that dkng would be such a turd. Holding a bag smh. Want to take it off my yahoo watch list so I stop getting notifications though

i just keep buying. Wake me up in 5-10 years. I don’t see sports betting going anywhere

I would guess DraftKings numbers will be up this quarter. They were giving away so much money in promos everyday, spend 10 get 5 free spend 10 get 10 wife and I stacked a considerable amount from just doing promos lol. After latest earnings call they have pretty much vanished. Talking giving away 10-20$ a day per customer sometimes even more.

Can someone school me:

I have a few stocks, that have made some OK profit (nothing to write home about). I’ve always had the mindset of never touching it whether profit/loss, but is it “smart” to leave the profits there? Or take them out? I rather leave them in there cause I’m thinking long term, but idk if leaving the profits in there helps, or does nothing for my stock

I got a new job so my last 401k is sitting in Hancock chilling. I was wondering if I should move that money to my new 401k or move that money over to my traditional IRA where I have the usual big hitters(apple, Microsoft, Amazon and VTI) What would y’all do?

Screenshot_20211118-084926_TD Ameritrade Mobile.jpg

Glad I held on to these bad boys...not that I had much of a choice since I was in the red at the close of the market yesterday...lol. Sold quickly this morning for a very nice gain.

Can someone school me:

I have a few stocks, that have made some OK profit (nothing to write home about). I’ve always had the mindset of never touching it whether profit/loss, but is it “smart” to leave the profits there? Or take them out? I rather leave them in there cause I’m thinking long term, but idk if leaving the profits in there helps, or does nothing for my stock

there is no profit until you sell. if you are asking if you should take profits, well that's everyone's dilemma

there is no profit until you sell. if you are asking if you should take profits, well that's everyone's dilemma

Yea I’m not necessarily looking to take the profits out, it’s chump change, but I just don’t know if there are any advantages/disadvantages to leaving the “profit” in there…if the “profit” is more beneficial to leave untouched

Yea I’m not necessarily looking to take the profits out, it’s chump change, but I just don’t know if there are any advantages/disadvantages to leaving the “profit” in there…if the “profit” is more beneficial to leave untouched
Feel like you’re still a little confused

If it is chump change like you say, it probably won't go far for reinvestment purposes. Additionally, if you harvest that profit, Uncle Biden is immediately going to want his cut. My advice to you is to just leave it in until the profit is big enough to actually do something with it.

Back
Top Bottom