OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Anyone buying these dips? What yall coppin?
I rebalanced last fall, thank God.
All i have is TSLA and AMD which I just started.
Building out AMD of these lows.
I’m not ready to go long yet.
When it’s time I’m not gonna spread out over 20+ names like I did in 2020…. I’m already full size on aapl and tsla, prob will mostly add to nvda. Maybe some coin and shop.
I’ve been learning to trade options and have been making some side $ mostly buying puts, and on a small scale since I’m new to it. On one hand it sucks knowing my long port is taking a beating (although I did raise some cash in Nov/December but not a ton). On the other hand I’m ok with it having a long term mindset and knowing some amazing buying opps are coming soon. It’s easier to not stress over the portfolio dropping when I’m making side $ on puts lol. Plus I’m learning this game so when the bulls are back I’ll be even more ready to bank on the way up.

Just bought company stock on Tuesday.... Half my bonus is being paid in company stock and now I have double the exposure I wanted 🙃

401k contribution in a 5% pullback love to see it.

Where do you work? Gotta be careful with that exposure - my bonus was always cash and then RSU/equity separate

Where do you work? Gotta be careful with that exposure - my bonus was always cash and then RSU/equity separate
This is my first year ever putting into company stock. I usually avoid it like the plague. My exposure to the company is the fact that I work here.

This was my first year breaking the threshold for stock compensation so I didn't know what to expect. Its not the wave.

Yup, time to take the L on this bag. Idc if the selloff is overblown, opportunity cost is a bigger risk now.

This is my first year ever putting into company stock. I usually avoid it like the plague. My exposure to the company is the fact that I work here.

This was my first year breaking the threshold for stock compensation so I didn't know what to expect. Its not the wave.

Aren’t you a CPA? You at PWC or something?

I had a buddy at Uber who decided to leave - bought his shares out and then they had that dismal IPO and he lost like 200k on the open. At least you won’t have to deal with that

Aren’t you a CPA? You at PWC or something?

I had a buddy at Uber who decided to leave - bought his shares out and then they had that dismal IPO and he lost like 200k on the open. At least you won’t have to deal with that
Nah I work in Wealth Management. I'm not worried, I think Bank stocks are poised to do well in this environment, and the stock sold off after earnings.

At the end of the day its like a 2% position right now in aggregate, and the RSUs are what they are nothing I can do about it.

I don't ever plan on leaving, but if I do I would hope to go somewhere that would buy me out of the RSUs I'd be losing.

I've been sitting with cash since Dec, think it's about time to grab this 300c on NVDA for January 2023 that I've been eyeing.

Nah I work in Wealth Management. I'm not worried, I think Bank stocks are poised to do well in this environment, and the stock sold off after earnings.

At the end of the day its like a 2% position right now in aggregate, and the RSUs are what they are nothing I can do about it.

I don't ever plan on leaving, but if I do I would hope to go somewhere that would buy me out of the RSUs I'd be losing.

Anyone that is worth going to would buy you out as a signing bonus.

I mean, I'm done holding this bag with expectations that theyll figure it out. Either Amazon buys them today or they sink lower into mediocrity.

Or アミーゴ アミーゴ comes in with a hostile takeover and fires Foley.

I’m holding pton to bankruptcy. Idc anymore. I know my position is nothing compared to Cathie.

For sure adding some nvda and msft with the beating this market is taking

What’s the thought process behind still holding pton?

Cuz it’s not a loss until you sell? Can’t get any worse so might as well hold?

Today is Jan 20 ….. say you have $x invested in pton , or you could have the same $x in aapl, msft, amd, or any other stock, would you choose pton? Then sell it… help me understand. What matters is where the stock will go from Jan 20 on, right?

Back
Top Bottom