OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Don’t think he realizes that outstanding shares is what drives pricing to a degree hence why we see splits and such.

Travelling around the country and usually seeing their locations empty except for the short time frame of the dinner rush hours

The current price it's trading at is basically saying that consumer demand will still be there 5,10,15 years from now which I beg to differ as consumers have shown over and over how fickle they are. They are trading on the supposed "healthiness" of their food in comparison with competitors. And I bring up the fickleness argument because of the parallels with Subway that was also trading on "healthiness" but is currently struggling because people don't eat there like they used to. And yes I know Chipotle doesn't franchise like Subway does.

And the food isn't that great. People who generally like that type of food can find better tasting, more authentic alternatives for less. There has been an increase in mobile taco/burrito truck vendors across the country that wasn't the case several years ago

Last edited:
Travelling around the country and usually seeing their locations empty except for the short time frame of the dinner rush hours

The current price it's trading at is basically saying that consumer demand will still be there 5,10,15 years from now which I beg to differ as consumers have shown over and over how fickle they are. They are trading on the supposed "healthiness" of their food in comparison with competitors. And I bring up the fickleness argument because of the parallels with Subway that was also trading on "healthiness" but is currently struggling because people don't eat there like they used to. And yes I know Chipotle doesn't franchise like Subway does.

And the food isn't that great. People who generally like that type of food can find better tasting, more authentic alternatives for less. There has been an increase in mobile taco/burrito truck vendors across the country that wasn't the case several years ago

truss truss this is a great chance for you to exhibit value and help our friend

5443ADAE-274F-4E25-8374-D4559EE8D88B.png

Well its quick ‘decent’ food thats popular amongst millennials, they are everywhere, and is a product of mcd’s

The millennial part i think is the biggest reason why they are up so high

In the last couple yrs i seen so much chipotles pop up its crazy

Well its quick ‘decent’ food thats popular amongst millennials, they are everywhere, and is a product of mcd’s

The millennial part i think is the biggest reason why they are up so high

In the last couple yrs i seen so much chipotles pop up its crazy

Another interesting comparison would be Sbux - a company with a MC of 108B

A company or individual can have price or quality, but you cannot have both

Subway "won" off price. Chipotle wins off quality

It was a few years ago, but I had some buddies doing consulting for Chipotle here in Denver. Their supply chain was a mess, which is why they couldn't even track down which produce was potentially contaminated with e coli.

Just because a company has a high stock price in $ terms doesnt mean its expensive. Just because it has a low stock price doesn't mean its cheap. That said, CMG is probably a little expensive but they have reasonable margins, zero debt and a captive customer base. Now cheesecake factory, thats an overvalued restaurant lol.

Back
Top Bottom