OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

LB
Definitely had the bears in the market come out these past two days Thursday being the worst day
At least for me due to one of the big wigs stepping down I guess
I got a play in motion for Monday
But I got to remember that pre market (for my strategy at least) is the best time to sell
Don’t let FAMO get you take my W’s and research for the next play
I seen some stocks be up 10% pre market and then plummet when the bell rings and don’t recover period it’s rare that I seen it keep the same energy during regular hours same thing goes for post but the good thing about post is if it goes up because the earnings report it can continue the next morning even with some people selling yesterday

Nice way to end the week. Stuff like this makes me think twice about buying materialistic stuff.
FA42D57E-6502-427E-BA51-061850C8FECC.png

Nice way to end the week. Stuff like this makes me think twice about buying materialistic stuff.
FA42D57E-6502-427E-BA51-061850C8FECC.png

Damn you put all you money in this :lol::lol::lol::lol:

**** it good play (shoulder shrug)
I wanted to make a move with footlocker but I dodge that bullet
Sometimes I see some old stocks that I had that is sinking right now
I would have lost my mind if I was on the buy and hold side

Even though I got Footlocker in my buy and hold account as back up money I’m. It tripping on it going down because of the dividend pay quarterly

I’m going to always keep that in mind when I’m at the level where I can open up stock account for my nephew while they are young

Yeah i did. Only working with a small amount of money so i wanted to focus it on the one company i really felt was worth it.

Will be getting back into Funko in the future when they take a nice dip.

Also paying attention to Sprint because of this potential merger with T Mobile.

I personally don’t see myself investing in retail stores unless it’s for small gain.

Yeah i did. Only working with a small amount of money so i wanted to focus it on the one company i really felt was worth it.

Will be getting back into Funko in the future when they take a nice dip.

Also paying attention to Sprint because of this potential merger with T Mobile.

I personally don’t see myself investing in retail stores unless it’s for small gain.

If the retail game falls flat then I’m out as far as long term investments since he dividen is consestant and gets better I’m good Apple is my best long term play I thought Netflix was going to fall in that category but nah they may not get pass $400 a share again
I got Foot locker at a good 5% of my long term portfolio

Well footlocker is one of the safer retail stores so i don’t see any harm in it.
Only store on my list is GameStop. I want to see what they do now that “gaming season” is starting up. Plus they pay a nice dividend.

Well footlocker is one of the safer retail stores so i don’t see any harm in it.
Only store on my list is GameStop. I want to see what they do now that “gaming season” is starting up. Plus they pay a nice dividend.

If you guys are looking for a stock with nice dividend yield, check out RWT. My wife used to work there and had ESPPs. We’ve been collecting about 7% dividends every year (couple hundred every year) and the stock has been steady at around $16/share

Ok I’ll check them out
I wonder do they suffer from people not being so big on physical copy’s of games now

Footlocker might not make it out of 2018. Be careful.

Care to explain why? They had a huge drop in 2017 (dropped from mid 40s to high 20s) and rebounded since. It was a similar pattern before (back in 2008 or 2009 I believe?). I’m planning on dropping about $1000 in it if it drops back to high 20s or low 30s

Care to explain why? They had a huge drop in 2017 (dropped from mid 40s to high 20s) and rebounded since. It was a similar pattern before (back in 2008 or 2009 I believe?). I’m planning on dropping about $1000 in it if it drops back to high 20s or low 30s

Nike/Amazon deal goes full steam 2019. They've already been complaining about Nike forcing stuff on them. FTL has stopped taking coupons on releases, they refuse to discount in a timely fashion. They might need to change CEO's cause currently he's making stupid decisions IMO

Ok I’ll check them out
I wonder do they suffer from people not being so big on physical copy’s of games now
Yes they do which is why the stock dropped out of the $20 area. They're now trying to make money off other merchandise like toys, figurines and soon comic books. I personally think most of their money comes from Pop Funko collectors.
That's why I'm keeping them on my watch list for now.

Man, made about 2k on Friday. Hopefully this surge continues.

I too would stay away from footlocker.

Made the mistake of selling NKE way too early.

Target is one retailer I have been watching, they are starting to recover from the hacking fiasco.

Footlocker is going to be ok they might dip share price wise if they do direct sales instead of stores inside the mall sales but to think people don’t keep in mind that they have a huge online presence an I doubt we will ever get to the point where the only option to get sneakers are from the brands themselves or independent shoe stores

Last edited:
What’s the plays for this week :nerd::nerd::nerd::nerd::nerd:

They say AMD is going to hit $30 a share soon
I thought for sure HEAR was going to hit $30 by the end of the month but nah it’s just fluctuates no growth :lol:

I got nothing. I’m sitting on my portfolio for now. Thought about playing CRM earnings but I know nothing about them to make a bet on them.

Unless you’re doing option spreads, earnings plays are too risky to put serious money on.

Yeah, I’m learning that. I’ve done okay in the few I jumped in this earnings season, but I think I’m going to stay out of it going forward. I agree it’s risky. You’ve really got to follow the stock, company, and sentiment/expectations/narratives around it for a while to really have a feel for the earnings report.

I knew TNDM would crush earnings, for example, because I’ve been following it closely since April.

Following doesn’t even matter that much. A company can have good earnings and sell off because they didn’t guide high enough. Options spreads are great since you have a set risk. Buy a one or two dollar call spread, knownyour risk and have your profit. Sucks that it’s capped but its a safer alternative unlessbupure holding a stock long term.

Back
Top Bottom