OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Decided to shorten my list down:
Going to stick with Funko, Canopy Growth Corp, Tilray & Ebay. Funko is still leading the pack as my favorite long term stock.

what makes Funko so attractive ?
I personally like the stock because I’m a big time collector of their toys. The community is growing at a very fast rate and it seems like this company is getting all of the major licenses like Disney Marvel DC etc....
the company is moving Toys, t shirts and now cereal at a very fast pace.
It’s got to the point where a lot of stores like GameStop & Hot Topic mostly make their money from people looking for Funko products.
Don’t see this thing dying down any time soon.

TWLO killed their Q2 earnings. up 20% today
They bounced back to being profitable as far as their earnings go
I got some dividend comin in next week on the 14 hopefully it will come back up
So I can take some profit and the dividend with it next week finger crossed

Also Elon Musk
Is definetly the Tekashi 6’9 of the market
With his tweets and also that **** he pulled in one of their earnings meetings this year

I personally like the stock because I’m a big time collector of their toys. The community is growing at a very fast rate and it seems like this company is getting all of the major licenses like Disney Marvel DC etc....
the company is moving Toys, t shirts and now cereal at a very fast pace.
It’s got to the point where a lot of stores like GameStop & Hot Topic mostly make their money from people looking for Funko products.
Don’t see this thing dying down any time soon.
Looks like an example of a fad/trend stock but deff caught my attention for a short term buy thanks for the insight

It’s definitely a trend, that’s going to last for a while. The thing is they have no real competition. Adult toy hunters love buying these things because of a perfect price point & nostalgia. It’s getting to the point where people are starting to camp out for these toys like a sneaker release.

The earnings call should be on the 9th.

It’s definitely a trend, that’s going to last for a while. The thing is they have no real competition. Adult toy hunters love buying these things because of a perfect price point & nostalgia. It’s getting to the point where people are starting to camp out for these toys like a sneaker release.

These are all good points. I’ve found myself interested in them lately simply for two things you mentioned: nostalgia and price point.

They’re just a cool little trinket to have if it’s depicting one of your favorite shows l/characters/people/etc and for the price it’s like why not? And this is coming from someone who isn’t into the comic book collectible/nerd culture world. This is just my personal experience so take it FWIW.

Definitely looking into FNKO now. Chart looks dead on like what TNDM was showing a few months back.

Market getting tired of the tarrif news, little dip at the open and right back up we go, looks like nothing can stop new highs from coming.

Just read this article and it raises some good examples about fad/trend stocks, namely Crocs, Build A Bear, and GoPro.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4191519-history-fad-stocks-worry-funko-investors

The thing with Funko though is they aren't just producing a series of niche collectible dolls from a small series of in-house created characters or trying to build a brand of the strength of strictly in-house designed characters (though they do have those). They're licensing big time movies and tv shows and producing collectible items around them and not just the dolls their known for, but also in the form of books, keychains, mugs, apparel, and pen toppers to name a few. They're also selling accessories like display cases and theme box items that include a variety of accessories for that particular theme. Even their range of types of dolls/action figures they sell is diversified beyond the Pop! figures.

So to me, it seems like they have an opportunity to become more of a brand of product in the wider space of collectibles than a company that's created a brand around a single item i.e. GoPro, Crocs, and Build A Bear who really only had one product working for them.

Haven't looked into financials just yet, but if they're able to show strength and growth in product areas outside those Pop! figures then it could be a nice earnings play at the least.

I told my fam that I’m gong to be a rich man one day

Anyway I think Tesla is definitely going to go private they are moving forward with it they are just suggesting that Musk exclude himself from this meetings

I been able to snack off of those quarterly earnings report since last week and will continue to do so as far as my short term plays go I just need to slide off at work around 10 am to make my sale that when most activity happens besides pre and after market

Dude is about to get sued though
From some of the investors
I will read up on it later will post link as well

Think anyone who posts in here have heard those rumblings. His Twitter has been on their SEC reporting as a news spot for them allegedly. Won’t matter to me.

Robinhood will be delisting moviepass stock in a few days.

This is why monitoring your portfolio is important regardless of if you are a day traders swing or long term I promise you it’s somebody that was holding on to eat and had no idea this was going on like it went down 40% last week

Back
Top Bottom