OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Thoughts on that insane FED/PPT/JPOWELL Pamp in the final minutes?? Felt like 2016 Election night

0.75 cut this Sunday evening??

That and also a lot of shorts taking profits after the Powell statement in anticipation of a rate cut announcement along with late coming shorters getting squeezed. I was planning to buy a little more and hoping for a big capitulation candle from EOD 401k sellers but when I saw the pump I cut my buy size in half.

IMO rate cut might temporarily stop some of the bleeding but with numbers these bad the situation on the ground has to materially improve fast or it's look out below...

Almost got burned on my 3/6 call I tried to sell before closing for a $20 loss. No dice. Before the Jack news. Worked out great. :lol:

89ABFC4F-06D2-49D4-8A91-B0CB8E8B7B46.jpeg

Gonna be initiating a position in TOPPX next week. Top holdings are SHOP NOW WDAY PCTY PAYCM OKTA GPN COUP. Been wanting exposure to the cloud, software and payments sectors and this is everything I want as a supplement to my large cap fund.

I just looked at their top 10 positions... interestingly the place I work uses ServiceNow, Workday, Okta and Coupa. I was surprised they don't have Salesforce but it's because the market cap is way bigger than the desired threshold for the fund.

Yeah I believe my large cap might have saleforce in it. I gotta double check. But the only thing to maybe be worried of with TOPPX is the history of being a boom or bust fund, but they have a new manger in place that was promoted in November. He’s 34 which has good and bad concerns attached to it. I’m gonna make it my third weight probably since I really like those stocks in the top holdings and hope for the best. My other smid cap fund has a more consistent track record but isn’t holding any of the aforementioned names so it’s a good diversity tool I guess to have both. Idk.

Honestly do not think it has ever been down this much. Not even during the height of the trade war that weekend when Trump had his twitter meltdown. Granted, it didn’t exist back in ‘08-‘09 but this is a crazy drop. Every time I check it’s lower and lower.

Monday limit down and test of the circuit breakers ? Or emergency rate cut announcement tomorrow ?:nerd:

Fed was cutting multiple times for no reason, now they really need to use some ammo to save this until PMI’s normalize once again. They better act quick, and might as well throw some QE on it. This could be the black swan.

When Apple was at 320 I asked a bunch of friends where they thought Apple would be 1 year from now, just to gauge sentiment. Every single person said higher. Some said 350, 400, 500 etc. I was the only
one who said sub 200. I hope i’m right because i’m sitting on 90% cash.

I’m thinking about entering into a play on Tesla if it comes back to the 300-400 range because of these market fears.

leaning toward going at it via an etf to get exposure to a few other stocks I like via ARKK but I’m also intrigued by Baron’s mutual fund BFGFX and how bullishly overweight he is on Tesla.

I’m thinking about entering into a play on Tesla if it comes back to the 300-400 range because of these market fears.

leaning toward going at it via an etf to get exposure to a few other stocks I like via ARKK but I’m also intrigued by Baron’s mutual fund BFGFX and how bullishly overweight he is on Tesla.

Tesla ever comes back to 300 ill entertain it

Back
Top Bottom