OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Just wanted to say I'm fascinated by this thread and all the info posted. I don't know anything about the financial field or economics. I'm in a creative field and that's where I've worked my entire adult life but I think in another life I would've gotten into this.
Really interesting reading through this and seeing how politics affect finance and vice versa and seeing how people affiliate politically because of it.

Some of these airline stocks are tempting me. Coronavirus isnt a permanent thing and stocks are reacting to short term hits on revenue/profitability. Back of mind is the possibility of a recession by the end of the year, but even still some of these stocks look very oversold.

They will definitely be buys... eventually. I'm also looking at things like LYV stock, people will go to concerts and sporting events again, eventually.

It's just too early IMO. Number of cases in the US is still in the very early stages. Averaging in is also a possibility, but I wouldn't recommend taking a full position right now - IMO.

Now are we gonna have a down day again tomorrow ? (Since its Friday and ppl dont wanna hold on too much through the weekend with all this uncertainty).

What are your opinions ?

Now are we gonna have a down day again tomorrow ? (Since its Friday and ppl dont wanna hold on too much through the weekend with all this uncertainty).

What are your opinions ?

Agreed...Fridays have been down day for many months now. Just getting started with mass testing for COVID19 here in US. Jeff Gundlach says another rate cut in the next FED Meeting in 2 weeks. Once Infected #s begin to rise, many Americans' spending will go down for a couple of weeks.

Repo and Reverse Repo Operations

The New York Fed conducts repo and reverse repo operations each day as a means to help keep the federal funds rate in the target range set by the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC). Operation results include all repo and reverse repo operations conducted, including small value exercises.

About Repo and Reverse Repo Agreements | Statements and Operating Policies | FAQ on Reverse Repurchase Agreement Operations | Repurchase Agreement Operational Details | FAQ on Repurchase Agreement Operations

Operation Results for Thursday, March 05, 2020
Last Updated: Thursday, March 05, 2020 01:16 PM
Number of Operations Today: 3

Deal Date: Thursday, March 05, 2020
Delivery Date: Thursday, March 05, 2020
Maturity Date: Friday, March 06, 2020
Type of Operation: Reverse Repo
Auction Method: Fixed-Rate
Settlement: Same Day
Term of Operation - Calendar Days : 1 Day
Term of Operation - Business Days : 1 Day
Operation Close Time: 01:15 PM
Participating Counterparties: 2
Accepted Counterparties: 2

Some of these airline stocks are tempting me. Coronavirus isnt a permanent thing and stocks are reacting to short term hits on revenue/profitability. Back of mind is the possibility of a recession by the end of the year, but even still some of these stocks look very oversold.
You can buy Berkshire if you want exposure with less risk.

this move and theinability To actually make it keep gains is very bearish. Think I’m gonna just cut my dca’s in half and stockpile cash for a much lower entry. We’re going down much lower than last week.

Need a rally tomorrow
For these calls on UBER for 33 and 33.5
If I can get them off with some profit tomorrow I’m cool

edit*
who the **** am I kidding I’m looking for plays tomorrow to get in and get out of 😂😂😂😂

I closed out my robinhood yesterday I’m not dealing with this app any more. Transferred my balance to my TD checking account but now I’m seeing these chase branches open up around the city and since I have the CC considering opening an account there. Looks like they are giving a small cash bonus when opening an You Invest account with certain balance amounts. Any advice for you chase You Invest platform vs TD?

another thing I would like to do is roll over my TSP from when I worked for the gov into a diff account.

May not be the right place to ask but when a company says that the employee 401k plan will match after a 3 year period do they mean that after that they will match your 401k contribution or that after the 3 years they will go back and add the match to everything you contributed in the 3 years until then?

I closed out my robinhood yesterday I’m not dealing with this app any more. Transferred my balance to my TD checking account but now I’m seeing these chase branches open up around the city and since I have the CC considering opening an account there. Looks like they are giving a small cash bonus when opening an You Invest account with certain balance amounts. Any advice for you chase You Invest platform vs TD?

another thing I would like to do is roll over my TSP from when I worked for the gov into a diff account.
Think or Swim is the best platform available.

May not be the right place to ask but when a company says that the employee 401k plan will match after a 3 year period do they mean that after that they will match your 401k contribution or that after the 3 years they will go back and add the match to everything you contributed in the 3 years until then?

After 3 years whatever the company match is is now yours

Back
Top Bottom