OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

LOL UONE hit 50 like it was nothing. these out of the blue 50 baggers man
low floats are being pumped and dumped right now. it's amazing.

ROKU continuing its move. Lot of good profits being made today in the market. Just be careful around the close for any funny business with quad witching.

added back the small piece I took off in fsly. Just can’t bring myself to let anything go and be comfortable about it :lol:

took off PD. Was never 100% into it, speculative idea might readd it on weakness but not a pick I needed to be in.

Last edited:
Kinda wanna sell and take profits but I don’t wanna miss out on possible gains (everytime I try to short something I get burned lol) plus it’s not like I need the $ and I currently bought in at some good prices

Nothing wrong with taking a little off and leaving a runner. Don't see a reason to be short just yet. Just know your timeline. If you bought with a big picture, maintain that perspective.

Nothing wrong with taking a little off and leaving a runner. Don't see a reason to be short just yet. Just know your timeline. If you bought with a big picture, maintain that perspective.
Yea I was def buying with long term growth in mind I should just delete my td app and revisit in a year or 2 :lol:

1592578522499.png

StockTwits/WSB Plays vs johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm Plays

No better way to find opportunity than finding the right people to follow on twitter man.
Saxena_Puru
OphirGottlieb
BethKindig
CFromhertz
CPerruna

Just some of the most valuable people to follow.

SE is 109 now, sheesh, I dropped the ball selling that one, TWLO, CRWD and AYX. Can't be in them all I guess.

Gonna look through this thread a bit before I try anything, but any tips for a newbie? Def in it for the long run.

Read the very first post of this thread by Johnnyredstorm . I was curious to see when this thread started so I checked and saw he posted a bunch of good start info there. I haven't gone through it all yet, but I will soon once summer starts.

From a post johnnyredstorm made few pages back: (I wanted to post this whole thing in here any way some time)
<a href="">

1) Stock prices & business profits can become detached in the short-term, but are 100% linked in the long-term.

2) 2/3rds of businesses underperform the market -- it's not a coin flip. 40% accuracy is great

3) Good CEOs don't want their stock price below $10. If it's there, it probably deserves to be there.

4) Invest in the very best companies you can find.
5) Allocation is a great risk-reduction tool. If you like it, but it's very risky, just invest less.

6) You are NEVER late on the best growth stocks. I thought I missed $AMZN in 2010, $V in 2012, and $SHOP in 2018. I didn't.

7) Recurring revenue makes growth almost automatic. Only invest in companies with lots of it.

8) Pay up for quality. It's worth it.

9) Winners tend to keep on winning. Buy companies that have already beat the market soundly.

10) Learn to separate the signal (revenue, earnings) from the noise....cause there's A LOT of noise on Wall Street.

I finally understand "runner". Sell some stock to lock in profit, but save some of stock in case it goes up more.

Read the very first post of this thread by Johnnyredstorm . I was curious to see when this thread started so I checked and saw he posted a bunch of good start info there. I haven't gone through it all yet, but I will soon once summer starts.

From a post johnnyredstorm made few pages back: (I wanted to post this whole thing in here any way some time)
<a href="">

1) Stock prices & business profits can become detached in the short-term, but are 100% linked in the long-term.

2) 2/3rds of businesses underperform the market -- it's not a coin flip. 40% accuracy is great

3) Good CEOs don't want their stock price below $10. If it's there, it probably deserves to be there.

4) Invest in the very best companies you can find.
5) Allocation is a great risk-reduction tool. If you like it, but it's very risky, just invest less.

6) You are NEVER late on the best growth stocks. I thought I missed $AMZN in 2010, $V in 2012, and $SHOP in 2018. I didn't.

7) Recurring revenue makes growth almost automatic. Only invest in companies with lots of it.

8) Pay up for quality. It's worth it.

9) Winners tend to keep on winning. Buy companies that have already beat the market soundly.

10) Learn to separate the signal (revenue, earnings) from the noise....cause there's A LOT of noise on Wall Street.

I finally understand "runner". Sell some stock to lock in profit, but save some of stock in case it goes up more.

Yup, best way to stay in a trade or maintain an investment is to just take a little off, lock in gains, and add it back on dips or according to your DCA plan. I personally really struggle with not taking profits, I'm so terrified of losing again that I always want to lock in, but having that bigger picture plan and locking in a little at a time along the way really helps me stay calm and maintain my perspective.

Bidding on some cheap protection for next week in case of a sell off. 295-290 put spread in SPY for .30. I don't really expect a fill, but I also don't want to pay too much for a hedge before there is any indication of a correction. Just want to try and get in front of any monkey business with the 2nd wave states.

Puts at close and VIX calls for me today, bad news is straight piling on and I expect a lot of doom this weekend. Not gonna go super crazy but 6/26's for me. June OPEX is propping this market up more than it should right now.

Apple closing stores in Florida and Arizona.

1 hour later

BREAKING NEWS!- Federal Reserve to purchase $10 Billion in Apple stock every day indefinitely.

:lol:

The part about the Fed is not real of course, but the worst part about it is it would be believable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom