OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

I swear I always get slight anxiety before clicking "CONFIRM." - :lol:
It takes a while to get over that feeling, but if you're buying with either a stop in mind that you WILL respect, or a 5 year horizon that you WILL respect, that should take the anxiety away.

I honestly set a lot of limit orders GTC at prices lower that I would like to be a buyer at and never look at them until I check and see they randomly filled. Just happened now with SHOP.

My Schwab account looks ****ed right now :lol: -9% on the day, down 3% right now overall.

It takes a while to get over that feeling, but if you're buying with either a stop in mind that you WILL respect, or a 5 year horizon that you WILL respect, that should take the anxiety away.

I honestly set a lot of limit orders GTC at prices lower that I would like to be a buyer at and never look at them until I check and see they randomly filled. Just happened now with SHOP.

My Schwab account looks ****ed right now :lol: -9% on the day, down 3% right now overall.
Wish I did this !

For the most part, I have "Down the ROad" in mind.

I am a Front Runner. :lol:

Wish I did this !
It feels good in the end, but when your orders hit at one shot when you expected them to play out over two or three weeks, you're like wtf :lol: but it's good a way to just catch the volatility without staring at a screen and being there every second of the day waiting.

Most indications are this continues to be a profit taking run versus a fundamental change (i.e. the money is flowing from equities to bonds or other safe havens), so that gives me confidence we'll bounce back.

If it doesn't, then guessing the IPO window will slam shut

Love hate with my volatile holdings. When the rest of the market is down they’re WAY down. But the up days are bigger too. GAN feels like cannabis stocks all over again for me lol. Down 30% since earnings 2 weeks ago. Knew I should’ve unloaded when I was up 10% on it the day before earnings then wait to get back in SMH. I do still like the company and am ok holding long term. Need Michigan to come online with gambling already.

Sold off PINS and Etsy right after opening, re-added at smaller positions and added fsly, tsla, pton, and dkng at around the same amounts with some room to add left over later if necessary.

Closed out my options positions this morning asap. PINS contracts were slightly above a wash and the AAPL play was a solid L. Cutting my tax bill one L at a time 😎

What were the contract dates? Still holding a couple of AAPL calls but they have some time on them. Averaged down.

He breaks stocks down to simple terms. I like following him.

Attachments

• 758EAC35-57D5-4C87-AEBA-CDBB3A3E1382.png
    758EAC35-57D5-4C87-AEBA-CDBB3A3E1382.png
    507 KB · Views: 244
What were the contract dates? Still holding a couple of AAPL calls but they have some time on them. Averaged down.
9/18. Between the long weekend and the volatility, I'm looking for peace of mind and not worrying about theta decay. I only opened 1 contract, so, not a loss I'm worried about. The wins over the past month have handily outpaced the couple losses.

I think this week was a perfect storm of things coming together to get such a huge pull back.
1- Alot of companies hit ATHs this week (apple, tesla, Microsoft, amazon, rocket, pinterest, nike and so on)
2- we've had a huge run up not just this year but also even just this last month.
3- election was 60 days out this week
4- tic toc deadline is coming up next week I believe. Is trump gonna follow thru with the threats if not sold? And if he does, then does that make china retailate on US companies?
5- long weekend and it's Sept. Just like アミーゴ アミーゴ and johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm said it's usually a bad month anyway I believe
6- this all lead to large profit taking and restructuring of portfolios

Just my opinion though

9/18. Between the long weekend and the volatility, I'm looking for peace of mind and not worrying about theta decay. I only opened 1 contract, so, not a loss I'm worried about. The wins over the past month have handily outpaced the couple losses.
I got you. Not wrong. I got a feeling those contracts are gonna see a run. Might not make strike price but since I averaged down, I will either be green or even.

Didn’t have a stop initially but I put my stop at break even for MSFT. Tier 1 stock for me but I forgot there’s still a deadline for tiktok and I don’t want to deal with any headaches. 207.55 is my stop.

nice job keeping perspective everyone.

Back
Top Bottom