OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

I am all for dividend stocks, but I meant is it worth it to buy right before dividend just to sell afterwards?
My bad , I quoted you in error. Meant to quote the original poster. I like to hold onto my dividend stocks. All my plays are long so down the line hopefully I can get a nice check from my holdings that can cut a check when dividends get paid out.

Thoughts on going long on DOCU?
Numbers were good. Ark was buying them on Friday. I like them at 196 if we pull back hard again, or through 221. Will probably initiate a position with a $1 stop if it triggers either price point for me.

My scan for Tuesday. These are just pivots I use to enter or exit a trade, typically a swing. I use a $1 stop and raise it to break even when the stock goes up a dollar or two and continue raising it based on how far it runs and how the 1 minute chart or overall market looks. I try to avoid rushing into a trade if the stock just quickly goes over the pivot, but it’s really a feel based thing for me. Mostly looking at Apple PayPal Shopify and DOCU

$SHOP decent r/r here if this can get back over 989 to anticipate a move to the supply zone at 1000. It might back off, but if it confirms, there's room to 1073 and 1149. Raise stops as it works for you.

$PYPL closed right at a crucial level of support. Decent r/r against 191.40 to anticipate a move to the 196.35 supply zone. Needs to confirm in order to see 201, 205, 210.

$NVDA decent r/r against 498 for 512+

$FSLY supply zone at 82, if it confirms 92.37 and 98 could become a thing.

$AAPL some good r/r here through 121.26 anticipating the break through the 124 supply zone for 130.50.

$CRM could be a thing through 259 for 272.68

$CRWD good r/r against 122 for 129.90

$ESTC good r/r through 102 for 109.86

$MSFT supply zone at 216.78, gets through there we can see 227.

$RKT good r/r against 24.77 for 28.60

$SQ decent r/r against 144.42. Supply zone at 150.92, gets through there can see 160. Raise stops.

$TWLO decent r/r if we can get through 236, some supply at 238, but if we clear that 248, 255, 265 could be a thing. Raise stops.

Interesting article on BAND growth isnt explosive but maybe it could turn out to be?

Some stuff from the group:
Weekly Market Update.
It was a rough 2 day as selling pressure was strong, market took a correction to get back to fundamentals as
ZM had a ridiculous $100+ Run after ER, TSLA also had crazy run b4 split.
We filled a gap that we had back on spy during that double top.
Unless we have crazy good news over the 3 day weekend, we may have 1 more red dip buying day.
Enjoy your weekend guys! v
Screenshot_20200905-111400_Chrome.jpg

AAPL. Elliot Wave analysis indicate a potential target at [V] between 153-163. Targets are 1st = > 145, 2nd => 150, final 153-163. Stop loss = < 105 where breaking below invalidates bullish outlook. Please, review.
Screen_Shot_2020-09-05_at_10.10.35_AM.png

BAC - Viewed a few banks this morning. Asc triangle is my fav setup. JPM and GS have similar patterns. I like the volume in BAC from friday over the others. Watch for break over 200 SMA on all banks. Happy LDW! moneyprinter
BAC-daily-1.PNG

JPM-daily.PNG

I have two I use. Well worth it to divide the different holdings or styles for each one and have different focuses.

Thank you. I don't think I'm ready to engage in the day-to-day trading that you and others in here do. I recently shed some of my RSUs from my company and dipped into AAPL and TSLA. I don't plan on selling long-term, but i'm very interested in learning as much as I can to take full advantage .

Even the language barrier can be a bit daunting lol.

My PDT restriction from Robinhood gets lifted this week.

Man i cant do webull, i tried. Their deposit system needs work like robinhood.
They let you use up to1k instant deposit to trade shares... But not with options. Smh

But will def. Have it on the side with settled cash incase.

I have two I use. Well worth it to divide the different holdings or styles for each one and have different focuses.
Are there short term gains taxes involved when day trading? If yes, at tax time do you get something from the brokerage acct that you can take to your tax person or do you have to keep track?

Are there short term gains taxes involved when day trading? If yes, at tax time do you get something from the brokerage acct that you can take to your tax person or do you have to keep track?

Yes, the short-term capital gains tax is higher and they’ll send you a 1099 tax form with all the info.

Back
Top Bottom