OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Are there short term gains taxes involved when day trading? If yes, at tax time do you get something from the brokerage acct that you can take to your tax person or do you have to keep track?

Can cancel out gains with losses (just keep in mind)

And most of us have losses and don’t actually make money

😂

this is the first year that I’ve been consistently profitable (long way to go still) and I attribute it to having a hard stop Of $1 when I take a trade (not my investments) and I don’t deviate from it, I cut my size way down so I can focus on trying to get as much range out of a position as possible and I raise my stops as I go. I don’t get emotional anymore, I don’t overthink or get afraid, on average I lose 5-10 bucks on a trade with the potential to make As much as I can depending on the timeline. Eventually I’ll size up as my account and consistency sizes up

Keep an eye on RCL in the coming weeks. That supply zone is strong but if it starts getting buyers to chew thru 80-90 should come quickly. 90 has been a pivot in the past so that’s why I say 90 instead of 100. I’d look at 100c for jan if we do any of these 3 things. Test that trend line again, trade inside that supply zone for a few more days, or break over 82. Your risk/reward would be better in that respective order as well.
image0.jpg

QQQ as expected yesterday it went only as far as 34 EMA it broke it but held on to it. Based on the recent trend in QQQ after the pull back there has been atleast a retracement to 1.272 levels of fib which puts it at 312.12.
unknown.png

Roku forming support at 157. higher lows, and should follow to test 161. Next up will be 166. PT 166 timeframe next week
roku.png

SPCE
lower lows as we break from the bullish trend in the 17.60 area. Confirmation of continued break down might scare additional investors to pull out. I'm not sure the time frame, but 12.5 might be the next test of support in the long term.
spce.png

AAL looks great. Ascending triangle on 4h maintained through this week and is about to break topside
aal.png

If we continue to get red I am just going further in at this point

Between Trump and another stimulus package I can't see a March pullback happening any time soon

March drop was because of a pandemic though. Whole world went on shutdown. Nothing that drastic is happening right now for there to be another 25-35% dip.

Just a correction.

Liquidations drove March. What will cause margin Calls? If the answer is nothing the correction will be systematic. Could be prolonged but more orderly.

Last edited:
Good thread about the effect buying calls has on the overall market

Tl;dr suits buy otm calls, market maker buys stock to hedge, as calls for up in. Value, market maker has to buy more stock to hedge, this pushing up the market.

I’ve been trading it a little lately so I decided to dive into PYPL and this is actually I think a good stock to own for its growth and lower risk potential. It won’t be as explosive as SQ potentially, but a little more secure. 49% non gaap eps growth yoy last qtr, 25% revenue growth, those are solid numbers for a mature company of this size. I think they guided very conservatively with 25% growth for revenue and eps. 112% fcf growth. And they’re launching their in store payments deal with cvs for Venmo and PayPal and that should expand to other retailers (driving future growth and adoption) plus bitcoin revenue should come down the line. I want to try and grab some tomorrow against 191.40 with a stop under it and let it ride if the market let’s it.

I used to use it until Apple Pay started popping up on every website. That’s been a game changer. But the TAM is so big that all these guys should win. 80% of the world uses cash, still a huge runway of growth ahead.

Anyone know what company they’re talking about? My wife sent this to me but the “article” was so salesy I wasn’t even sure if it’s a real thing.

quote:
What most people don't know is tech insiders think there's an invaluable, tiny component inside Apple’s newest iPhone that Apple doesn't manufacture in-house! They don't make it because they don't have the technology OR the patents to do so.

That's because another company (1/100th of Apple's size) owns the rights to those patents -- so Apple would have to pay that company to include its technology in their gadgets.

Translation: This tiny company essentially gets paid every time Apple sells their revolutionary new iPhone.

NASDAQ down big already early in pre market could be another bad day for tech.. guess we will see around 7-8 when people really start waking up

I’m looking to unload my MSFT here and trim some of my PINS. Want to raise some more cash thinking we see a huge push lower off the open and a reversal again.

Back
Top Bottom