OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

I could see a blow out and a flock to run it up given the struggles of tech currently.
Which is why I'm keeping some of my position open :lol: This market wild and I'm also hoping good news leads to huge volume as a "safe space" for all the money flow out of other names.

Also,
CHWY 9/11 $65c. Bought for $4.25 we'll see how this plays over the next couple days.

I kinda like the whole idea of a home gym with Mirror and Peloton. Gonna look into Mirror for a purchase eventually.

Spotlight pick is BIGC. Lmk if you want some thoughts about them. I grabbed two shares as a feeler since they have earnings.

added 3 shares of zm today and 5 of PYPL. Looking to add 2 more zm at some point.

As a parent with a child that rely on zoom, I’m on the fence. So many teachers and students complain about the software. I know a ton of schools and businesses use them. This is why I need to get better at evaluating companies. In time I’ll get there. In the past I’ve been grabbing companies I use in my daily life but now I need to learn how to read charts and make decisions based off data.

People can complain about the software, but unless they're using an alternative, it's still sticky and attracting a ton of active users.

I literally use a variety of things - my firm uses Skype/MS Teams (MSFT), WebEx (CSCO) and to a lesser extent, Zoom. We use Zoom if our counter party initiates but we ourselves don't.

PTON blew their load too early. Now, the expectations are priced in. I was expecting the new products/price cuts to be announced on their earnings call. I'm going to trim my position even more before earnings now.
Should I sell my shares now?

Should I sell my shares now?
Not all of them. Up to you if you want to sell to take profits on some of the investment. Honestly PTON might be over 100 at this time next week. I'm playing it safe and just trying to open up cash where I can so I can jump on another good position when it opens up (whatever company that may be).

As a parent with a child that rely on zoom, I’m on the fence. So many teachers and students complain about the software. I know a ton of schools and businesses use them. This is why I need to get better at evaluating companies. In time I’ll get there. In the past I’ve been grabbing companies I use in my daily life but now I need to learn how to read charts and make decisions based off data.
As a teacher, Zoom is by far the best platform available. Teams, Meet, FaceTime, Messenger video etc are trash in comparison. Remote learning is a failure but only because there’s no accountability involved.

when it comes to evaluating a company, you just want to see a grower y/y. Revenue growth, eps growth of 50% or higher. Gross margins over 50% ideally, FCF growing toward the plus side.

Found some random notes I made after reading some books over time. Might help anyone getting started. I still definitely use it.

Beta: how volatile it is (1 = average)
P/E Ratio: too high = high expectations (< 15)
Earnings Per Share: increase annually and quarterly over the years ( > 35-50%)
Earnings Payout Ratio: better if low
Return on Equity: increasing annually (> 20%)

Balance Sheet:
Current Ratio > 1
Total Current Assets / Total Current Liabilities

You want growing Total Cash, Current Assets, Stock Equity

Income Statement:
Gross Margin > 40%
Gross Profit / Total Revenue

Operating Margin > 15%
Operating Income / Total Revenue

Net Margin > 20%
Net Income / Total Revenue

Cash Flow Statement:
Capital Expenditures / Net Income: < 40%
You want Growing Free Cash Flow

Spot on notes. Only thing I’d say is throw P/E out the window. You don’t want to ignore a growth stock or get fooled by a value trap. Finding the middle ground between TSLA and GME is the fun part.

The management at S&P like, I told you adding Tesla was a bad idea. That bubble would have brought the whole index down.

56BB2F8D-287C-40B0-8A2D-2A38EA872FD9.jpeg

What are we doing with tesla buying the dip still or holding ? How far down will it go ?

You have to cut your losses when you buy into a bubble. The bad thing about bubbles is you do not know where the floor is. It could be $300 or it could be $100. Even at $100 a share it is the most valuable car company by far.

What are we doing with tesla buying the dip still or holding ? How far down will it go ?
302.70, 275, 256 are the levels to watch. You will see 300 on another down day in the market. Idk if I want the exposure but I’d consider it around there.
I wanna buy PYPL, it's on the 10 week line, but the market is basura right now. Decisions.
Son of a ***** I might need to add more.
Woah okay Peleton. Just jump off a ****ing cliff then.
BigC straight died too. Glad I only have 2 shares.

Steady.... steady...

EDIT: I added some more of AAPL and what the hell is going on with the RKT :angry:
Always be careful with IPOs if you’re unfamiliar. They get pumped, then come down Sometimes below their lows, do an offering, its the long game that you gotta be ready for otherwise sell the first pump and wait.

added another share of bigc. Got a feeling they rip it after hours with the way it closed.

Back
Top Bottom