OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Decided to let go of my Twitter call option for a $9 profit. Wasn't looking for a huge gain since this was my first time and I only had one day to let go of them.

On another note, it looks like Tilray is crashing hard. Hope nobody decided to get in after this huge gain. That would have been crazy. I personally would love for it to go back below $50.

Took my first L with options because I didn’t space out the dates in my favor
(A lesson learned)

What really happen is after market yesterday I was up a additional 10% with MU after earnings
(Was already up during the day)

And during the call these fools answered one of the conference questions saying how the tariffs can affect them and that **** slid like a *****
And didn’t recover
Was a good $1 off the money to break even of keep most of my money it just couldn’t recover in one day but I bought another one with MU and I’m already up a good $46

I’m a true believer that you can make some good *** money with options if played right
It can turn into something bigger depending on what you do with you capital gains after the fact as well

I also scored on a put option with UNFI
A in the money call was out of range for me so I went a little under it was $33 at the time and my price was $30 **** went down to $30.19 after hour and went lower pre market this morning so that got sold for $180 gain and my order was $60

I know we are all waiting to see where NIME is going to land next week

Will keep my eye on USLV going into next week, as mentioned in btc thread it looks like gold/silver might be bottoming out.

Lot of people are bearish on SNAP and reasonably so, but every teenager in the country uses that app and I’m tempted to eventually initiate a position in some call leaps. Way out to 2021 probably. Reminds me of twitter at $13.

Lot of people are bearish on SNAP and reasonably so, but every teenager in the country uses that app and I’m tempted to eventually initiate a position in some call leaps. Way out to 2021 probably. Reminds me of twitter at $13.

Smart man. 80% of 18-24 Americans are on it.

I asked my students and the majority only check ig and snap. Hard to not take advantage of them :lol: if they ever figure out how to monetize $50 easily.

I’m definitely putting in a option call with NIKE on Monday

Robinhood let’s you do a straddle or strangle option now so you can profit either way
NIKE is going up next week

Last edited:
I’m definitely putting in a option call with NIKE on Monday

Robinhood let’s you do a straddle or strangle option now so you can profit either way
NIKE is going up next week

I’m not very familiar with options but I’d like to mess around with about 3k. I was just going to buy 3k worth of the stock on Monday. But I’d like to learn even if it’s just 1 just so I can start understanding that type of trading risk. Are there any simulators?

I’m not very familiar with options but I’d like to mess around with about 3k. I was just going to buy 3k worth of the stock on Monday. But I’d like to learn even if it’s just 1 just so I can start understanding that type of trading risk. Are there any simulators?

Do research on the subject it’s a bunch of YouTube videos on the subject

Me and a couple of members had some discuission on it a few pages back

Me personally I would watch it the first two hours on Monday then make my purchase
I wouldn’t go in with 3k worth starting out

I would just make one contract purchase just as a learning experience make sure you purchase in the money and give yourself a expiration date in your favor

Last edited:
Figure out your timeline. If you want a quick trade, go with a weekly .50-1 out of the money. If you want a longer term swing trade, go at the money or in the money.

Don’t put 3k into options if you’ve never done it before. You will get rekt when time decay and volatility crush you because you didn’t understand how Greeks work.

What makes options great is the fact that you can flip $150 into $1500 if you have a good trade.

everyone and their mama believes NKE is going to beat on earnings. however, with this stock already approaching overbought territory, that usually means they better blowout the numbers and not simply just beat earnings and revenue if it's going to gap up. they better raise guidance beyond expectations and beat on all numbers -- eps, rev, yoy growth, comps. also, if they mention anything about tariffs interfering with business, watch out.

currently have options, and am going to sell my options into strength on monday if it continues to get bid up and watch it after earnings.

everyone and their mama believes NKE is going to beat on earnings. however, with this stock already approaching overbought territory, that usually means they better blowout the numbers and not simply just beat earnings and revenue if it's going to gap up. they better raise guidance beyond expectations and beat on all numbers -- eps, rev, yoy growth, comps. also, if they mention anything about tariffs interfering with business, watch out.

currently have options, and am going to sell my options into strength on monday if it continues to get bid up and watch it after earnings.

Understood I’m definitely spreading out on days just in case it’s a dip

I’m also shorting BBBY

Still holding my NBEV shares.. Wish i would of sold at 10. But got tied up with work that very minute. Expecting a huge run this week.

On my watchlist very hard is OGEN TOMORROW.
Theyre presenting tomorrow with result of disease treatment of some kind around 12 MT.

Look for a pump uf vol is there. Possibly 80%

Last edited:
All of my biggest mistakes are selling early, TWTR and NKE being two of them. I'm holding Snap until the end of time.

Still holding my NBEV shares.. Wish i would of sold at 10. But got tied up with work that very minute. Expecting a huge run this week.

On my watchlist very hard is OGEN TOMORROW.
Theyre presenting tomorrow with result of disease treatment of some kind around 12 MT.

Look for a pump uf vol is there. Possibly 80%
Dang, I missed it! It's up twenty-nine percent. I wish I would've caught at least twenty percent lol. Keep us in the loop with your watchlist lol

Screenshot_2018-09-24-09-32-33.png

Keep an eye. $CDTI

Edit: in at 1.75 and 2.03

R/S might pull an $ALT of 100% gain short term.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom