OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

I have a pretty big stake in ROCK right now. Wish I scaled in because I bought a week ago, and earnings are tomorrow. Could be screwed here in the short term. Taking constant Ls with my Robinhood play money this year while my 401k has flourished. I need to stick to ETFs lol. I gotta hope for a big beat on earnings now.

So I’m green today because of this earnings beat. If only the rest of the market wasn’t tanking still lol.

Only strategic buys here and there.

I may add a tiny bit at close today if we get a big washout but the market still severely overpriced IMO. Still can fall a very long way down.
Agreed I wouldn’t be using more than 30% of my cash at most right now.

Props to whoever got in on APT a week ago...sheesh

I had bought this a month ago when it was at $5... held for a week or so and dropped to $4 and didn't do much and just sold it off... then say it hit $7... then $12... then $20. Jumped back in at $20. Should have went with original instinct and had more patience. :frown:

Gonna be initiating a position in TOPPX next week. Top holdings are SHOP NOW WDAY PCTY PAYCM OKTA GPN COUP. Been wanting exposure to the cloud, software and payments sectors and this is everything I want as a supplement to my large cap fund.

didnt know robinhood had ETFs till now thought those were only through brokerage firms only bad thing is those dividends will be taxable though and cant be reinvested

anyone got any recommendations besides the VOO and VYMI/VYM?

Those large cap growths all hold the same stocks for the most part so just look around and see which allocations make the most sense to you. I like ACAAX since I want exposure to Microsoft and amazon and those are the two biggest holdings, but I do wish I had more exposure to Apple than the 4% Alger has so I might grab a tech etf or something down the road.

My main mutual fund holds Microsoft, amazon, Apple and visa. Gonna keep adding to that. Those companies aren’t going anywhere.

Waiting on this income tax to hit so I can grab some apple shares trying to grab at least one share on every ticker on my watchlist this year
I plan on doing financially better next year so I could invest more so I’m just starting out and diversifying my portfolio

What’s on your watchlist? Cause you can probably grab an etf or a fund and possibly get more bang for your buck that way? Dca is where it’s at regardless though. I went from being up 4.5% to down 4.5% now on my funds but it’s been a month or two and I’m dca’ing so I won’t feel any real pain long term.

CHINA MANUFACTURING PMI FEB 35.7 EST 46.0 PREV 50

CHINA NON- MANUFACTURING PMI 29.6 PREV 54.1

CHINA COMPOSITE PMI 28.9 PREV 53

:wow::nerd:

:wow: indeed.

Exactly why I left so much cash on hand. With numbers these bad we will certainly see central banks announce some emergency measures.

:wow: indeed.

Exactly why I left so much cash on hand. With numbers these bad we will certainly see central banks announce some emergency measures.

Thoughts on that insane FED/PPT/JPOWELL Pamp in the final minutes?? Felt like 2016 Election night

0.75 cut this Sunday evening??

Back
Top Bottom