OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Sanders will win Calif the big delegate state

BERNIE SANDERS PROJECTED TO WIN VERMONT DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY - EDISON RESEARCH

Biden looks like he is winning. The market should like that result in the long term for the following reasons

1. Trump can has a better chance of beating him instead of Bernie

2. If Biden does ever win, he is like Obama, who is like GWB. They are backed by special interests. In this case, their backers from the Financial Industry sway him to have him push for favourable market outcomes. He will just sign off to whatever they say.

Biden is alive again, he’s got my vote when he comes to NY. I can’t get behind Bernie who is going to tank the economy or get absolutely nothing done because of Congress.

im probably adding more today. ACAAX, ARKW and CCSMX. $75,$64 and $31. I love dca’ing these days with no fees from brokers. Takes all the emotions out for me and helps me manage risk by limiting how much I’m putting in.

gotta transfer $80 into my tos account and I’ll add more pins when that happens.

Last edited:
What is Biden gonna do to avoid tanking THIS economy?
Bernie is going to tax the **** out of Wall Street and billionaires, that’ll negatively flow down to us. This sell off isn’t necessarily an indication of something horrific, just an overbought market. Basicslly, Biden won’t exacerbate our problems like Bernie would. It’ll be more of the same.

Call me a contrarian, but whoever is the presidential candidate doesn't faze me. Even if Bernie were to be president, his ideas would be watered down by a more moderate Congress. His plans of wealth taxation isn't even that bad of an idea considering it could stimulate more consumer spending of the lower and middle class, the concern is the decline in productivity. It probably wouldn't even happen :lol:

Call me a contrarian, but whoever is the presidential candidate doesn't faze me. Even if Bernie were to be president, his ideas would be watered down by a more moderate Congress. His plans of wealth taxation isn't even that bad of an idea considering it could stimulate more consumer spending of the lower and middle class, the concern is the decline in productivity. It probably wouldn't even happen :lol:

This is pretty much where I’m at with the presidential stuff. The Fed is gonna do whatever they want. When they feel like it’s time to tank the economy, Biden/Bernie/Trump can’t stop it.

This is pretty much where I’m at with the presidential stuff. The Fed is gonna do whatever they want. When they feel like it’s time to tank the economy, Biden/Bernie/Trump can’t stop it.

One concern is the Japanomicification of our American economy controlled by the FED. Japan never even pulled out of their initial recession of 1991. Kuroda reveres Bernake...both proponents of neg interest rates and Keynesian econ. If the FED goes that route, we have another 10 -15 yr run left in our markets. They can go to Zero rate, Neg rate, QE 5 thru 10, change laws to direct buy into ETFs (like Japan does)...etc.

We're at all time highs, econ strong, jobs strong, lowest interest rates ever, and a little 10% pullback is cause for a .50 cut...
But, in the meantime, we all know what to do.

We're at all time highs, econ strong, jobs strong, lowest interest rates ever, and a little 10% pullback is cause for a .50 cut...
But, in the meantime, we all know what to do.

Is the economy really strong though? Admittedly, my background isn’t in Econ or anything, but why would we need to cut rates in a strong economy?

Is the economy really strong though? Admittedly, my background isn’t in Econ or anything, but why would we need to cut rates in a strong economy?

Good point. Let me rephrase...The economy is strong excluding the underemployed. Cut rates to protect stock markets. FED protects stock markets and banks of their choosing (Lehman, Bear Stearns). Rate cuts benefit banks and stock markets...doesn't really help the real economy much. It may lead to lower mortgage rates but it just drives up home prices with an already tight inventory environment.

Some of these airline stocks are tempting me. Coronavirus isnt a permanent thing and stocks are reacting to short term hits on revenue/profitability. Back of mind is the possibility of a recession by the end of the year, but even still some of these stocks look very oversold.

Back
Top Bottom