OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

So I'm thinking of starting to buy just a couple hundred dollars worth of stocks on Robinhood just to start watching them and learning how everything works. Was thinking about trying to find 3-5 different stocks in the $5-75 range and just start checking in daily to start learning.

Anyone recommend maybe a better way to learn? I'm more of a hands on learner so just reading a bunch of stuff usually does not resonate with me.

stay away from Robinhood and open an account that offers fractional shares so you don’t have to stick to that price range.

$5 stock is $5 for a reason.

never buy cheap stocks, buy undervalued companies. Learn how to figure that out.

your portfolio should consist of a mix of high growth, large cap growth and dividend stocks.

for growth stocks you want to see
Quarterly revenue growth > 50%
Gross margins > 50%
With as little cash burn as possible (company bleeding cash will need to do a secondary offering or run into solvency issues)

for dividend stocks you want companies with enough cash on their books or a solid cash to debt ratio so you never have to worry about them cutting their dividend

large cap growth, own the best companies who are most needed in today and tomorrow’s world

if you can’t wrap your head around stuff like this after doing some research (start with William O’Neill’s book) just buy some good mutual funds

$5 stock is $5 for a reason.

never buy cheap stocks, buy undervalued companies. Learn how to figure that out.

your portfolio should consist of a mix of high growth, large cap growth and dividend stocks.

for growth stocks you want to see
Quarterly revenue growth > 50%
Gross margins > 50%
With as little cash burn as possible (company bleeding cash will need to do a secondary offering or run into solvency issues)

for dividend stocks you want companies with enough cash on their books or a solid cash to debt ratio so you never have to worry about them cutting their dividend

large cap growth, own the best companies who are most needed in today and tomorrow’s world

if you can’t wrap your head around stuff like this after doing some research (start with William O’Neill’s book) just buy some good mutual funds
What book is that?

Tech will carry the S&P... anyone Long on the market? I see alot of day trade talks on this forum.

Im trying to add a couple ETF: $VOO or $DGRO.... anyone have a good one in mind?
Got a long term outlook on my stocks but I also trade around a core when market looks dicey rather than hedging. Nowhere near overweight though this market is very fragile. What etf’s are you looking for? The xly has intrigued me.

FED'S POWELL SAYS RECOVERY COULD STRETCH THROUGH END OF NEXT YEAR - 60 MINUTES

FED'S POWELL SAYS ASSUMING NOT A SECOND WAVE OF INFECTIONS ECONOMY WILL RECOVER STEADILY THROUGH SECOND HALF OF YEAR - 60 MINUTES

FED'S POWELL SAYS FULL RECOVERY WILL REQUIRE A VACCINE - 60 MINUTES

*negative rates soon come

FED'S POWELL SAYS RECOVERY COULD STRETCH THROUGH END OF NEXT YEAR - 60 MINUTES

FED'S POWELL SAYS ASSUMING NOT A SECOND WAVE OF INFECTIONS ECONOMY WILL RECOVER STEADILY THROUGH SECOND HALF OF YEAR - 60 MINUTES

FED'S POWELL SAYS FULL RECOVERY WILL REQUIRE A VACCINE - 60 MINUTES

*negative rates soon come
[/QUOTE]

if the negative rates happens it’s going to turn into a sale the news event imo

Back
Top Bottom