OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

How do you guys develop a plan?
Set your buy limits and figure out what you are comfortable with, and set up stops (lock gains or stop losses) with what you are happy with? I know many do lots of technical analysis, hope to learn that over the summer.

Finally jumped on ROKU Monday (or I think Friday). Thank gooooodnesss. Set a buy a limit and just let it run. Been eyeing this for like 6 months. Bought a few, hope to add more to have a decent amount of shares.

I think I'm gonna grab a few DIS again. Got burned in March cause I was in a panic mode. But now I'll hold out until the sun burns out.

Anyone play Canadian stocks?
Looking for more options.
The US stocks are much more interesting/fun though lol
You’ve got the right idea but when it comes to taking targets and setting orders it’s most effective to use supply and demand zones to set your orders. My advice is figure out what indicator and system speaks to you and read as much as possible about charting and candlesticks.

Good thread here

Last edited:

Market went way up last time this data came out and was better than expected. Let’s see if it goes down with data that’s worse than expected

Insider selling honestly isn’t the worst thing in the world. Secondary offerings and lockup expirations that dilute things are definitely dangerous but you have to look at the stock and it’s prospects. Is it a one product fad like GPRO or is it an industry that should see continued growth and traffic? Has it created a brand name that is synonymous with its industry? Is there a moat to their model? Do they have a low churn rate? Off the top of my head DKNG hits hard on the first two questions, im not sure about their moat, but I think at the moment they’re in good shape and I would need to see what the churn rate is on customers. How many are recurring, how many aren’t. Ideally you want to see them continue to expand their offerings outside of just DFS and sports betting. Do they have an online gaming component for poker, etc? Will they expand their betting books to events outside of sports? Will they offer a subscription based model that lowers fees for daily users or offers premium research ideas? I think you have some questions marks, but some good ideas here. If you have a bad average and you bought in near the highs, create a plan, if you like this stock for 5 years, trust your plan and why you originally purchased. I think you see potentially an increase in selling pressure that will arise from sports not resuming like expected, particularly if the NFL has to condense or cancel their season. I’d argue that that selling would be a tremendous buying opportunity and I would consider getting long around the 26 mark or lower.

Looking for a long term hold.
Then don’t get swayed by news reports that don’t change the fundamental thesis behind your investment. Typically you should only exit an investment when the fundamental narrative changes or the technicals deteriorate. Just be smart with your capital and understand your risk.

damn why FSLY blowin up like that
Increased traffic for all of its customers has been a nice catalyst to start this rally but Monday or yesterday (I don’t remember) we had that partnership between Shopify and Walmart which benefits fsly since shop is one of their bigger customers, and today we had an announcement on them acquiring a company that basically enables an emulation of how their software would run which should be used to acquire new customers. Lots of opportunity moving forward with CDN and edge computing. I’ve been fortunate enough to have had a core position in this one since the early 20s and taken profits/and added back along the way. Trading this one has been a mistake since I raised my average to 50 from all the entering and exiting I’ve done, but I honestly never expected this run up this quickly. Gonna hold long term and see how far it goes at this point. Prob put a stop in around 52 or 54 to lock in half in case of a market correction.

it's getting punished. how low could it go??

y isn't it halted? what happens to options if it gets delisted?
No clue but to put things in perspective, IQ and GSX were both accused of fraud and have hit pieces against them and they still exist. LK traded for a few months after their hit piece.

Back
Top Bottom