OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Fb. Bought yesterday.
Screenshot_20200818-122022.png

We're all degens here, how do you decide which otm call to scalp? You just looking for calls under .50 in stocks w a strong up trend?

Yeah I was lucky because 1) rookie move on missing the fact that PTON won't report when it was expected because it's their first 10-k so I shouldn't have bought the August calls which was part of the premise of the position 2) as I've previously posted, I am too lax on not having stops placed.

I still believe in the stock and thought momentum would take it beyond $70. It looked like the prior selloff was because of profit taking more than anything. I still think when they report their full year and prior quarter, it'll pick back up. May look for a Sept option play but this time with stops!

I'm happy to have a 25% net return but made at myself for giving up 90%+ a few weeks ago. Got greedy because of my DDOG play that didn't work. Can't make it all up in 1 trade!

I mean, I felt strongly/convinced the position and my basis was solid; so in the end I had pretty high confidence that I'd at least break even. I was surely losing confidence this past week and a half though! :lol:
Now onto something new...

noskey noskey didn’t even tag me in that play? Smh bro
I only mention my NVDA play so when it blows up you'll all know why I'm irrationally angry. I did no research and have no conviction in this play, it's literally a YOLO of the funds I have left over from selling my GD position :lol:

For a REAL real play, I'm going to get back into PTON when/if they dip to 65 again. Earnings 3 weeks away means plenty of time for some downward pressure and selling, before buying momentum starts up and runs into earnings. Especially with colleges announcing shutdowns, other schools and places are going to follow. You, me, and L lazyj10 gonna ride PTON to the fking MOON :pimp:

Where do you get these options/stock setups you be posting?

Honestly, i stop following news, charts, techs... Etc..
I do what Keanu Reeves does, bird watch stock price and predict its movement. For example FB. Watched it for 3 weeks aswell as option pricing. Before buying those calls. Fb hasnt moved for 3 weeks.. It was in the range of 259-262.. Figured the 4th week was the week along with SPY touching ath which it did today.

Same with ostk.. However i knew the offering that was filed was closing Friday per filing.

Current play is FVRR. I like how its been moving.. Took a postion yesteray. Watched it for like 1 week before taking it.
Working out so far.

Watching ZM also.

rebalanced my portfolio a little by trimming etsy, Roku and Disney. wanted to clear my margin, and open up some free cash for another long term hold. plan here is to always have my margin clear and when we have any dips or pullbacks, use the margin to add into my positions (or take advantage of new opportunities) and proceed to manage around that core that way. I don't like having cash on the sidelines and I don't have the luxury at the moment to add cash into the account every week so I think this should provide a decent balance of opportunity. at minimum I'll always hold the number of shares I have in that account for etsy, shop, se, dis and Roku and manage around this core that I feel comfortable with long term. won't care about averages or pnl, if there's a dip, I'll buy more, if there's a rip, I'll trim. we'll see how this goes, trying a new strategy since I found myself caring too much about daily gyrations and messed up with se.

Took two shares of TWLO with my cash after letting PGNY run away from me. Stop under 250, might add over 255. Looking for 278+ but will probably just hold this long term since it’s a great stock.

made a mistake selling GRWG. Thought it would level off but nope, some suit is pumping this one and the float is churning. ****.

Last edited:
GRWG is growing wish i had added more shares got in below 14

johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm the Ophir Gottlieb guy on twitter had mentioned a new hot pick think it was PGNY ? he only emailed CML pro members about it and ppl were hinting at the name saying it starts with a P
you have posted a couple links to his twitter so decided to follow him he gives pretty good picks

GRWG is growing wish i had added more shares got in below 14

johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm the Ophir Gottlieb guy on twitter had mentioned a new hot pick think it was PGNY ? he only emailed CML pro members about it and ppl were hinting at the name saying it starts with a P
you have posted a couple links to his twitter so decided to follow him he gives pretty good picks
I subscribe to the service. It’s well worth the money honestly. That’s where I’ve gotten ROKU PINS FSLY and LVGO :lol: PGNY is the newest pick but it’s on the lower conviction scale than the others.

based on the stocks hes mentioned i dont blame u for paying for his analysis. hes been right on with all the picks u mentioned above. i started looking into PGNY when it was around 24-25 based on a tiktok video analysis :lol: wont jump in yet though

PGNY is also a favorite of IBD. It’s an interesting idea with good financials. I do wonder if because of covid people are going to want to go through lengths to have a baby but then again their clientele is more so wealthier people working in tech.

I subscribe to the service. It’s well worth the money honestly. That’s where I’ve gotten ROKU PINS FSLY and LVGO :lol: PGNY is the newest pick but it’s on the lower conviction scale than the others.

def worth the $47/mo. Subscribed after you mentioned a while back and he’s money with the analysis and picks

NVDA got me nervous bros. Stock price is sideways and the earnings expectations are sky high. If the deliver, boyyyy... but if they don't, guhhhh. Wish these guys could break out and run a few % points so I can close this call without guilt.

NVDA got me nervous bros. Stock price is sideways and the earnings expectations are sky high. If the deliver, boyyyy... but if they don't, guhhhh. Wish these guys could break out and run a few % points so I can close this call without guilt.

After that ETSY debacle, I won’t guess the price action, but I’m almost certain NVDA is gonna beat. I actually wanted to grab a $500 call when it dropped to $486, but my one contract has been known to cause sell-offs :lol: :smh:.

You could maybe leg into a spread to cut your risk down if you want to hold but that’ll limit your upside. Or roll it up and put. Although 1 min chart looks good right now.

Back
Top Bottom