OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

I would keep a rider in GME to see how things play out with console release. Store closures and a higher mix of online-driven sales (without store overhead). That plus general trading dynamics of being a stock with high short interest and eventual need to cover.

I like the company and if your planning on holding then I'd think you'll be fine.. how's the new baby? You guys make it back home?
Yup been home since Saturday. It’s been fun. She cluster feeds all night but she’s been sleeping more past two days.

I like the idea of frog so I don’t mind letting it die on me and just tripling my position eventually (only have 5 shares so it’s nothing right now).

I would keep a rider in GME to see how things play out with console release. Store closures and a higher mix of online-driven sales (without store overhead). That plus general trading dynamics of being a stock with high short interest and eventual need to cover.
It's crushing the previous 52 week high.

Yup been home since Saturday. It’s been fun. She cluster feeds all night but she’s been sleeping more past two days.

I like the idea of frog so I don’t mind letting it die on me and just tripling my position eventually (only have 5 shares so it’s nothing right now).

Glad to hear pimpin glad everything went well and you guys are home.

And yah I want in just gonna watch it for a bit and see what the price movements going to be.

Snow has traded it's entire float already and it's only been a little more then an HR.. crazzzy

Buffet isn't a day trader, or a trader even, and that's how private placements work. If/we had a couple hundred million to throw at the company, rest assured we'd get that IPO price too. The indicative interest drove the opening, which I still can't even believe how much of a pop they got...they traded over 28m shares in an hour?

Buffet isn't a day trader, or a trader even, and that's how private placements work. If/we had a couple hundred million to throw at the company, rest assured we'd get that IPO price too. The indicative interest drove the opening, which I still can't even believe how much of a pop they got...they traded over 28m shares in an hour?

100% of the floating shares lolol...

Sold some Tsla and Copped 100 shares of Frog

bout to sell some more Tesla and cop some shares of snowflake. Want to wait til the price drops a little tho lol.

Guh Powell is turning the whole market red right now.

Except NKLA **** that vaporware company. Give up the ghost, Trevor.

Last edited:
Whitney Tilson straight up calling for Trevor to be locked up :lol: Come on GM, do the right thing and say you were defrauded by NKLA too. Save face and sink them. NKLA about to go downhill just like their gravity-propelled truck.

I have a stupid/novice question. I was reading PURU's pinned tweet on his investment philosophy. He says he does not trade, he buys and holds stocks he believes will grow 10x in 10 years. He holds through the ups and the downs. I get that, and Chamath's post on investing 101 this week echoed this. And I get the idea that nobody can time the market correctly, anyone who tries will come short versus buying/holding.

But if this is someone's full time job or even part time and you need $$ out of it, how is buying and holding working out for them? When you have monthly bills to pay and mouths to feed? Other than dividends which is peanuts. I guess they buy and hold for long term and just trim when they need cash?
My thought is if you categorize yourself strictly as a long term investor, as Puru is, then that means you're not really making money on investing (to pay bills and have cash). But you're growing the value of your portfolio for whenever the day comes that you'll sell...
Am I on the right track?

Back
Top Bottom