OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

I been trying to get into stocks for a while. I’ll admit I don’t have a bunch of cash laying around to invest since I’m trying to buy a house this year But I definitely want to start getting my feet wet.

i was told to start with Robinhood but wanted to see what y’all would say. What are my other options for someone like me.

Thanks NT fam.

Edit: I was ready to buy IPOE shares but didn’t know how to start

I been trying to get into stocks for a while. I’ll admit I don’t have a bunch of cash laying around to invest since I’m trying to buy a house this year But I definitely want to start getting my feet wet.

i was told to start with Robinhood but wanted to see what y’all would say. What are my other options for someone like me.

Thanks NT fam.

アミーゴ アミーゴ .. you got someone to take this? Haha

Thanks NT fam.

Please don't use Robinhood. It's a garbage platform. Zero point to use robinhood it adds no value except it looks nice.

There USED to be value in it because it was zero commission but I can't think of an online brokerage that still charges commission at this point and unlike Robinhood, a place like Fidelity, TD, etc etc is actually reliable and doesn't just crash at random.I use Fidelity because I have to but I like it a lot. But I've had many people tell me that TD Ameritrade is easier to use.

Also if you're just starting out I wouldn't really be buying SPACs, I'd get my feet wet via ETFs. Like SPY (SPLG if SPY is too expensive) which is as middle of the road you can get. In short you would be getting exposure to the S&P 500.

Just to give you a feel for how the market moves and whatnot. I think it should be the core of anyone's portfolio who isn't very in the weeds on all this but that's just me.

William O'Neil book
Brian Shannon book

Don't try to day trade, you'll get lucky and fail and lose a lot of money, or just lose a lot of money.

Buy great companies that are growing sales and earnings with free cash flow growth. don't buy meme stocks, don't buy garbage. pay up for the best companies. $100 stock is $100 for a reason. $1 is is $1 for a reason.

investigating potential claims against Magnite, Inc.

NEW YORK, Jan. 7, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Kaplan Fox & Kilsheimer LLP (www.kaplanfox.com) is investigating potential claims against Magnite, Inc. ("Magnite" or the "Company") (Nasdaq: MGNI) for violations of the federal securities laws.

On January 7, 2021, after the market opened, Spruce Point Capital Management, LLC ("Spruce Point") issued a report titled "A Repellent Investment" that states "Magnite, Inc (Nasdaq: MGNI) was formed in early 2020 by a merger of two advertising technology companies - Telaria (formerly Tremor Video) and Rubicon Project. The merger was predicated on cost, and not revenue synergies, and bringing a Connected TV ("CTV") product to Rubicon that it couldn't build alone. Spruce Point finds evidence to suggest that both companies were hampered with business and accounting struggles prior to the merger."

The Spruce Point report further states that "[w]e believe they have continued to mask challenges with inaccurate financial reporting. Magnite's pro forma organic sales are down -1% YTD with peers +16%. Multiple customer interviews all tell us that Magnite does not have much quality CTV inventory to currently sell. A recent subtle change in Magnite's financial covenant from "Adjusted EBITDA" to "Maximum Cash Burn" suggests further pressures could lie ahead." The full report can be downloaded and viewed at www.sprucepointcap.com.

On January 7, 2021, Magnite shares declined as much as 13% from an opening price of $26.94 per share, and closed at $25.61 per share, a decline of $1.70 per share or over 6% on heavier than usual volume.

If you purchased shares of Magnite and would like to discuss our investigation, please contact us by emailing [email protected] or by calling 212-329-8571.

This press release may be considered Attorney Advertising in some jurisdictions under the applicable law and ethical rules.

Kaplan Fox & Kilsheimer LLP, with offices in New York, Oakland, CA, Los Angeles, Chicago and New Jersey, has decades of experience in prosecuting investor class actions. For more information about Kaplan Fox & Kilsheimer LLP, you may visit our website at www.kaplanfox.com. If you have any questions about your rights or interests, please contact:

Jeffrey P. Campisi
KAPLAN FOX & KILSHEIMER LLP
850 Third Avenue, 14th Floor
New York, New York 10022
(212) 329-8571
(212) 687-1980
Fax: (212) 687-7714
E-mail: [email protected]

Laurence D. King
KAPLAN FOX & KILSHEIMER LLP
1999 Harrison Street, Suite 1560
Oakland, California 94612
(415) 772-4700
Fax: (415) 772-4707
E-mail: [email protected]

Cision

CisionMore
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...-investigates-magnite-inc-mgni-301203156.html

SOURCE Kaplan Fox & Kilsheimer LLP

I need to start watching spy on firday's and just grab a put when it loses vwap. nice trade.

I had some fsly I wanted to swing but scalped it +1 when the market rolled over. was too lazy to jump back in on the lows, kinda feel like chilling rest of the day tbh. play some video games and ****.

make sure you buy some protection if you are nervous about a correction.

Thanks NT fam.

Don’t do it. Buy index funds. Save for retirement. Same returns spread out over time.

Thoughts on IPOE based on this SoFi merger?

SoFi is a pretty bad *** little app, btw. I originally opened an account to get the sign up bonus (deposit $150+, get $125 bonus) and after having it for a couple of months, they offered me a "buy $10+ worth of BTC, and we'll give you $25 worth of BTC" promotion (back in October, at $10k). They also keep track of your credit score, allow you to buy stockbits if you want, get loans, etc. I usually suggest the app to people who are just starting out on trying to get their finances straight and get into credit score / stocks.

Thoughts on IPOE based on this SoFi merger?

SoFi is a pretty bad *** little app, btw. I originally opened an account to get the sign up bonus (deposit $150+, get $125 bonus) and after having it for a couple of months, they offered me a "buy $10+ worth of BTC, and we'll give you $25 worth of BTC" promotion (back in October, at $10k). They also keep track of your credit score, allow you to buy stockbits if you want, get loans, etc. I usually suggest the app to people who are just starting out on trying to get their finances straight and get into credit score / stocks.

Will probably hold on to my ipoe common shares.

I love anything online banking. Game changer for sure. In this case, Online Financing/refinacing and loans. Sheeesh. No brick and mortar costs. Imagine if they capture the internet savvy crowd with money. They can capture all their loans asap. "We can beat any loans by x amount". Boom!!!! Game changer. "Oh, you make 150k/yr with 0 debt and not much expenses ? Here you go, prime + 0.01% loan LOC. Buy as much tsla calls this month sir". 😂😂😂😂😂

I love anything online banking. Game changer for sure. In this case, Online Financing/refinacing and loans. Sheeesh. No brick and mortar costs. Imagine if they capture the internet savvy crowd with money. They can capture all their loans asap. "We can beat any loans by x amount". Boom!!!! Game changer. "Oh, you make 150k/yr with 0 debt and not much expenses ? Here you go, prime + 0.01% loan LOC. Buy as much tsla calls this month sir". 😂😂😂😂😂
I actually refinanced my student loans with them, easiest process ever. Didn’t even speak on the phone with anyone. Texted and uploaded, approved within days if I remember correctly.

The real draw is Galileo. I'm hoping to buy more around 16 or less, but we'll see. I'll sit with my starter for now and wait for an entry to add in.

Perfect for this thread based on the little bit of lurking I've done:

A 100 bagger is such a wild thing to look at:

Harkens back to the earlier point I made; concentration is how you get wealthy, diversification is how you stay that way. He should really NOT keep that much exposure in one name if you believe in the science but eh.

He shouldn't keep that much exposure in TSLA no matter what he believes in :lol: Can't wait for the follow up next year- "Today I'm returning to corporate world at age 40."
I gotta assume he has other stuff, but there's no way in hell that it isn't 90%+ of his portfolio. He is a wild boy.

I would be taking the tax hit on like a third of this and hope that the Long Term Cap Gain tax rate doesn't move with a blue wave in place. Open up a tax-loss harvesting account with Wealthfront or something in case he needs to sell down more.

Back
Top Bottom