OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Entire watch list green and I’m sitting here all cash SMH. Need a dip and more importantly need time off from work to lay out an investment plan.

Dip is not happening, only reason to liquidate right now is to transfer to a better returning security

I tried to tell ya'll about SUNRUN!!!

Also, please invest in Bank stocks if you guys are looking for something to stabilize your portfolio from risk, Cramer has been slamming them for months and meanwhile I have been buying and buying.

I just liquidated all of my mutual funds and will be purchasing individual stocks with it, no more middle man for me.

Only 4 reds on mine. MGNI, SBUX, WMT and PENN. Only MGNI is down over 1%, too.

I'm looking at 30 min intervals to see if I can grab some gains on the greens.

Dip is not happening, only reason to liquidate right now is to transfer to a better returning security

I tried to tell ya'll about SUNRUN!!!

Also, please invest in Bank stocks if you guys are looking for something to stabilize your portfolio from risk, Cramer has been slamming them for months and meanwhile I have been buying and buying.

I just liquidated all of my mutual funds and will be purchasing individual stocks with it, no more middle man for me.

Did the same. Liquidated all mutual funds.

Will likely do some ETFs though. They'll be my hedge against individual picks

When chaos was happening near the end of yesterday's session, grabbed 5 TSLA $650 calls near their low. Held them through yesterday's close anticipating $660 or higher. Today was nice.
Watching RH go crazy. Can anyone explain the mindset. Expiring calls for 1/8 are +800%. 1/15 is decent. But 1/22 is seeing no action, or very little gains. 100% tops. Is this normal? This feels like it defies logic. Unless some folks just like the excitement and action?

Did the same. Liquidated all mutual funds.

Will likely do some ETFs though. They'll be my hedge against individual picks
I did the same yesterday. Only been trading for 2 months and my portfolio was a diversified but unfocused mess. Just wanted to get my feet wet. Decided to start the year by liquidating most my portfolio and adding positions to my best performers (thank you TSLA, MARA, and RIOT).

I plan to be more active in my investing. Do you all have multiple brokerage accounts to manage different portfolios/investment strategies? I was thinking of having one account for active/short-term trading of individual stocks and another account for long holds (ETFs, blue chips). Earnings from the short-term trades would be used mostly to re-invest in long plays.

Grabbed a starter in IPOE around 17.50 chase size, 15 shares, was hoping to see it fill the halt gap to add in. I'll wait and add over time. SoFi has super app potential.

For y'all full cash or liquidating your portfolio, why? What is your plan, perspective and process? Even at my most bearish the past 2 weeks, I never went above 10% cash. What were you holding that you felt the need to sell out? It's a strong indication of two things, your conviction being weak due to misunderstanding your assets, or you holding the wrong assets.

Owning great companies that are growing revenues at least 30-50% yoy, with FCF growth and solid gross margins have been on fire. I sold out of some stocks, but the one's trading over 40 and 50x next year's sales. If you have a weak portfolio right now, we gotta look at it and ask why. Don't trade garbage or memes, hold real winners with real growth. A stock will go further than you can ever expect, and if you're nervous, buy a cheap put as a hedge. I bought cheap puts in GDRX and DKNG because my cost was at break even or slightly under, that gave me peace of mind to stay in and let them work, now they're doing well up a few percent from entry.

And if you're worried about your money and the amount of risk you have, cut your position sizes down. My top 6 holdings are 70% of my portfolio, the next 14 are between 1-3%. No single position will bankrupt me, and each of them has thankfully given me a solid return. You don't need 50k in one stock to create wealth, you need perspective, process and time.

also, real talk, Yall just had a nice dip in growth stocks to start into or add to. Set limit orders and close your eyes.

Last edited:
Watching RH go crazy. Can anyone explain the mindset. Expiring calls for 1/8 are +800%. 1/15 is decent. But 1/22 is seeing no action, or very little gains. 100% tops. Is this normal? This feels like it defies logic. Unless some folks just like the excitement and action?

Guessing the Democrats taking the Senate gave a boost in part. I was watching very closely after hours yesterday and it just wasn't giving in. Looked like some chaos selling amidst yesterday's event gave some volatility and a nice entry for some. I didn't think it was surpassing $800 today though :lol: shoutout to アミーゴ アミーゴ

^I wrote a while back about parking money in SPACS, especially if you can get in at $11 or less (better if units, but shares ok too). Even at $11, downside is 10% to $10, but the upside is much higher, so the risk/reward is quite attractive. I think about the increased potential of money being printed and inflation, and holding cash beyond a certain point (covering bills and emergency funds) doesn't make a lot of sense

Back
Top Bottom