OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Gonna be a wild time when this thing reverts.

That post. Since when can you trade short without a locate? That's hilarious and genius honestly. That thought has never even crossed my mind.

Citadel will just get a bailout before covering. They seem much more important than Bill Hwang and we’re not allowed to let funds blow up

Citadel will just get a bailout before covering. They seem much more important than Bill Hwang and we’re not allowed to let funds blow up

The fact you say they’ll get a bailout shows the system is flawed.

Also, help me understand, even in the event of a bailout, assuming they still need to cover the shorts... wouldn’t they still be covering the shorts?

Nothing is going to change more than likely. The ability to short is needed in the market on a micro level. Not just to profiteer but to hedge exposures.

Imagine you're an exec at Coke, and instead of just blindly believing in Coke and all the stock exposure you likely have you decide to hedge all that exposure. You can't freely sell the coke stock, a real thing people do is set up a cross hedge. That Coke guy could go short Pepsi. Does he own Pepsi stock? Probably not cause that would only compound his Coke stock problem so he's putting up a "naked" short.

On a Macro level, the SEC has been trying to figure this out for over a decade. Unless you tell me that they don't care and are just letting it slide then idk what can be done.

Also, help me understand, even in the event of a bailout, assuming they still need to cover the shorts... wouldn’t they still be covering the shorts?
Nah man that's not true. What people want to happen would destroy the economy. Back in 2008 when everyone wanted every bank to go under they didn't think about the consequences.

Whether we like it or not some these places are truly SIFIs and if they went under the global economy would collapse.

People wanna see the would burn to prove points. It's crazy. People think they're the Joker. At best just hope you're right and can squeeze some money out of all this but that's where it should end.

Nah man that's not true. What people want to happen would destroy the economy. Back in 2008 when everyone wanted every bank to go under they didn't think about the consequences.

Whether we like it or not some these places are truly SIFIs and if they went under the global economy would collapse.

People wanna see the would burn to prove points. It's crazy. People think they're the Joker. At best just hope you're right and can squeeze some money out of all this but that's where it should end.

I don’t want to see the world burn, but I don’t think it’s right that these big banks/hedge funds continue to get away with these shady practices that are borderline fraud. In 2008 hardly anyone was punished at all.

White collar crime always just ends with a slap on the wrist... something isn’t right.

Nothing is going to change more than likely. The ability to short is needed in the market on a micro level. Not just to profiteer but to hedge exposures.

Imagine you're an exec at Coke, and instead of just blindly believing in Coke and all the stock exposure you likely have you decide to hedge all that exposure. You can't freely sell the coke stock, a real thing people do is set up a cross hedge. That Coke guy could go short Pepsi. Does he own Pepsi stock? Probably not cause that would only compound his Coke stock problem so he's putting up a "naked" short.

On a Macro level, the SEC has been trying to figure this out for over a decade. Unless you tell me that they don't care and are just letting it slide then idk what can be done.

And yes, from my perspective, I don’t think they care.

they'll just get new inflows. people don't understand funds have unlimited money when they are intertwined with the banking system. only family trading desks can go under and not affect things.

All I know is I’m up a cool 10k like 3 days. I’m securing profit when market opens and letting some ride to see what happens.

If it jumps again I make more money. If it crashes I still made out well.

Seriously, do what’s best for you, but this hasn’t even begun to squeeze yet. Might want to wait till after the share count is done to see how deep of a hole these hedge funds have dug for themselves. Remember, GME pumped to over $500.

you can't do retroactive ****. that's wrong.
I would have assigned like a 10% chance they did this. WILD. This will be what causes the major pullback total lunatic move. How do you infuse all this stimulus and then make this move which is the total opposite of it.

Yall better learn how to tax loss harvest.
With the Biden news doesnt this mean there will be less pump and dumps and more long term holders? Also more people putting money into crypto?

In theory yes, but on a macro scale it punishes investing overall, more people will be less apt to invest due to crazy punitive tax bills. If you have an active view especially/do privates.

I would have assigned like a 10% chance they did this. WILD. This will be what causes the major pullback total lunatic move. How do you infuse all this stimulus and then make this move which is the total opposite of it.

Yall better learn how to tax loss harvest.

In theory yes, but on a macro scale it punishes investing overall, more people will be less apt to invest due to crazy punitive tax bills. If you have an active view especially/do privates.

BS. No one is going to bypass making money because it's taxed a bit higher.

BS. No one is going to bypass making money because it's taxed a bit higher.
Its not even a bit higher... Its damn near double. America moving to a heavy cap gain tax regime is NUTS, there's only one other country that's set up this way I believe... I think its crazy to do this.

I can't speak for everyone but of the people I talk to about these things it absolutely disincentivizes them. Not only is a large part of the High Net Worth advisory space about tax deferral/avoidance, making it retroactive (which is the real problem) sews seeds of distrust and actions of spite.

Good luck to them though. Passive about to do even more numbers, and then we will start seeing stuff about how "Tax Loss Harvesting is unfair" to curve that problem.

Its not even a bit higher... Its damn near double. America moving to a heavy cap gain tax regime is NUTS, there's only one other country that's set up this way I believe... I think its crazy to do this.

I can't speak for everyone but of the people I talk to about these things it absolutely disincentivizes them. Not only is a large part of the High Net Worth advisory space about tax deferral/avoidance, making it retroactive (which is the real problem) sews seeds of distrust and actions of spite.

Good luck to them though. Passive about to do even more numbers, and then we will start seeing stuff about how "Tax Loss Harvesting is unfair" to curve that problem.

It only affects 12 million households if Google is correct. If 3% of people are mad, then oh well.

Seriously, do what’s best for you, but this hasn’t even begun to squeeze yet. Might want to wait till after the share count is done to see how deep of a hole these hedge funds have dug for themselves. Remember, GME pumped to over $500.

I understand that but timing a peak is too hard. I have enough left that if it goes wild like GME did I will still be loaded. However if it falls flat on it's face I still made 4 months worth of paychecks as a public school teacher.

Either way I don't have to work this summer and now I can relax before the fall semester starts. Win/win in my book.

Back
Top Bottom