OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Yall Optimistic about this Apple Car? Depending on price point, might be a hot item in college campuses. Apple is usually late to the party, curious to see how this turns out.

Tim should've copped Tesla when he had the chance

What I have spent the start of the year doing is:
  • Reading through various firms 2022 Market and Economic Outlooks
  • Looking at various Metaverse baskets to try and cherry-pick out the names that are heavily weighted across them
I have truly slept on the Metaverse, my lens was very narrow, I was only thinking about it in terms of social media and society's obsession with leisure. there are real practical use cases for it. Going to lean heavily into some of these names.

The real applications like doctor meetings office meetings architecture construction design are all huge.

I’ve used horizon workrooms for work and it’s pretty impressive.

Horizon venues is pretty dope as well, used it to watch a basketball game and UFC fight.

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 1.49.31 AM.png

:lol:

I know it’s evil to say this - and the Big Short covers it well - but hope y’all are ready to go when that happens
I will be. This one will be sustained too, that's the worst part. People think the COVID drawdown was indicative of what a recession was like. The GFC took 4 years to come back to par from the trough. Thats really whats gonna make people skeptical. They won't trust the process.

I will be. This one will be sustained too, that's the worst part. People think the COVID drawdown was indicative of what a recession was like. The GFC took 4 years to come back to par from the trough. Thats really whats gonna make people skeptical. They won't trust the process.

Tale as old as time - serious is wealth is made in the darkness

Last edited:
A deep recession would have to occur under a different Federal Reserve. Jerome isn't going to let a recession happen, or even if it does, the Fed will start buying stocks if they have to in order to keep the market high.

Unemployment can go to 20%, earnings can go to 0. The Fed will bail everyone out and start buying the S&P 500 at a trillion a day if they have to. The market knows this and that's why the market keeps going straight up no matter the news.

A deep recession would have to occur under a different Federal Reserve. Jerome isn't going to let a recession happen, or even if it does, the Fed will start buying stocks if they have to in order to keep the market high.

Unemployment can go to 20%, earnings can go to 0. The Fed will bail everyone out and start buying the S&P 500 at a trillion a day if they have to. The market knows this and that's why the market keeps going straight up no matter the news.
What makes u so sure on Jerome?

Bottom line is it's hard AF to time the markets. As long as you are able to stick to your guns and DCA heavily during recessionary times/corrections, you will come out ahead. Most of us are probably on a >25 year horizon so not concerned about a correction or even recession. The tough part is actually continuing to invest when everything is bleak.

:lol: A trillion dollars a day in stock market purchases? You think that Powell thinks that will be a better end-game than a recession? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom