OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

What do you guys think comes out of musk ownership in Twitter?
Relaxed rules or enforcement on misinformation, to start. I have no doubt Thiel will get some influence behind the scenes. Could spiral into outright suppression of certain outlets/accounts a la Youtube or Facebook.

NVDA seeking shareholder permission to double amount of stock. Guess they're considering another split in the near future.

Only Apple products worth owning are Apple shares, though I do own an iPad

Apple fanboys get heated when I tell them this.

Loyal customers that love getting exploited :lol:

nah. nothing better than surfing the net on a macbook air... that lasts for 10+ years.

Not to derail, but 2005-2012 I had 3-4 windows PCs/ laptops that crashed out on me. From 2012 to 2022 had 1 one macbook pro that probably been through every sketch website and fell down 10+ times and is still working like a beast.

Im sure the windows PCs/laptops vastly improved now, but I’m never going back.

Not to derail, but 2005-2012 I had 3-4 windows PCs/ laptops that crashed out on me. From 2012 to 2022 had 1 one macbook pro that probably been through every sketch website and fell down 10+ times and is still working like a beast.

I'm in tech for the past 15 years. Been at the technical core level as s/w developer to upper management at a 70b company.

We use windows for desktops, but when it comes to personal laptops at home, most of the people I have encountered at the office have purchased apple laptops.

I became a believer back in 2013 as well. I was a staunch windows guy. Didn't feel the need to pay extra for a mbp. Now, for laptops, mbp's are my first choice.

Plus, macos is unix based. You can open terminal and its a unix command prompt. So you're home.

This.

My mid 2010 MBP is still going strong. Though, in the past year, I replaced my HD with a SSD to reduce the noise. Definitely sticking with Apl for my computer needs.

See, this is why Apple makes money through exploitation because most consumers are ill informed. Apple simplifies their product offerings while the competition offers endless options.
You have garbage being sold with quality and most people don't want to take the time out to do their homework.

You were most likely using a consumer grade laptop/PC. They are garbage

The true comparison to a macbook would be business/industrial grade laptops like Thinkpads, XPS, Alienwares. Not some garbage ASUS etc

I only buy Thinkpads and they last me years. Still using the same T450s I bought in 2015

And when I needed more RAM to speed the computer up I could. I just bought some and installed it myself. Same thing with the hard drive if I needed more storage space.

Apple solders in their RAM so you were stuck with whatever they gave you and you were forced to buy a new computer if it felt sluggish. Now alot of companies are following Apple's lead because it's good for profit :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom