OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Is it good to dca VOO? Or wait until a price drop to put a decent amount in all at once. I think either way it’s win win. Just seeing how you all go about investing in etfs

Also, what resources do you all use to read up on some emerging stocks? Thinking something ai related will blow up this year. Got the excitement there, just now some more implementation

Def think its a win-win.

ETF can be an ATH tmr. If it back tracks, then you can DCA!
I'm aiming for a long run, so 20 years from now it won't matter.
I have to be happy with the fact I invested money today and try to be consistent vs trying to have the best timing. I looked back at last year's numbers, and my ETF's were up $30 per unit (or would have been if I had bought more).

I'm slowly moving some individual stocks and mutual funds to self directed ETF now that I am more confident with what I want to invest in and focus on (ETF, bluechips, banks). (MFs were from when we were younger and didn't know better and followed bank advisors suggestions, but better than money sitting as cash in chequing).

I'm tryna get a hellcat and pop bottles at the club. I want to get some SPX contracts at 1.00 a pop and watch them run into the money. IN THE SAME DAY.

I hope papi Powell pop out at the next meeting and say inflation is STICKY like antidope antidope fav Drake song and rates are higher for longer and then RED.

It can go green later but short term. I WANT RED.

Def think its a win-win.

ETF can be an ATH tmr. If it back tracks, then you can DCA!
I'm aiming for a long run, so 20 years from now it won't matter.
I have to be happy with the fact I invested money today and try to be consistent vs trying to have the best timing. I looked back at last year's numbers, and my ETF's were up $30 per unit (or would have been if I had bought more).

I'm slowly moving some individual stocks and mutual funds to self directed ETF now that I am more confident with what I want to invest in and focus on (ETF, bluechips, banks). (MFs were from when we were younger and didn't know better and followed bank advisors suggestions, but better than money sitting as cash in chequing).
ETFs FTW. If you haven’t read a single 10-K then stick to ETFs.

99% of retail investors have no business owning individual stocks IMO. Not saying you can’t do ok mixing in a few blue chips and dividend kings in the portfolio. But chances are you’d be better off in the long run simply DCA’ing into an ETF tracking the major indexes.

Even with the amount of data and analytic tools readily available, the chances of beating the market YoY for 10-20-30 years are extremely slim even for the professionals. Save yourself time and energy and lean heavy on the ETFs.

ETFs FTW. If you haven’t read a single 10-K then stick to ETFs.

99% of retail investors have no business owning individual stocks IMO. Not saying you can’t do ok mixing in a few blue chips and dividend kings in the portfolio. But chances are you’d be better off in the long run simply DCA’ing into an ETF tracking the major indexes.

Even with the amount of data and analytic tools readily available, the chances of beating the market YoY for 10-20-30 years are extremely slim even for the professionals. Save yourself time and energy and lean heavy on the ETFs.

Where and how do I buy an ETF brother?

On DCAing... If you're thinking long term, putting all your capital to work day one historically leads to higher returns, but the world isn't all numbers, so I tell most people to DCA.

I’ll be in Brainerd then man I would love to be there :lol: if there’s a trip elsewhere or something I can trek that **** but ain’t gonna work for me this time

Back
Top Bottom