OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

It’s not a lot playa. Been investing for a few years. Let’s say 4 years. So I’ve only put in about 5-6k a year. Couple years where I was just terrible and didn’t care. Wasn’t since like 2 years ago I was more engaged. Even now I don’t add a lot I feel.

It sounds cliche, but Time in the Market>Timing the Market, and unless you think the construct of capitalism will fail, you can't go wrong with buying the S&P 500 in some shape or form. I would recommend an ETF over a Mutual Fund, and within ETFs; VOO.

By far my most important/frequently disbursed tip. It won't fail and it will beat the majority of people who try and do other things

It sounds cliche, but Time in the Market>Timing the Market, and unless you think the construct of capitalism will fail, you can't go wrong with buying the S&P 500 in some shape or form. I would recommend an ETF over a Mutual Fund, and within ETFs; VOO.

By far my most important/frequently disbursed tip. It won't fail and it will beat the majority of people who try and do other things

What are you shorting currently?

*Consistency- always add money in. At least 10 a week until you get a rythym.
*Game plan- whether you like option, divs or growth stocks stick to it. Find out what you like.
*As Anti mentioned, time in the market> timing. I once bought some BTC when it was at 7k. Now it’s in the 50s. You can never time it. Investing is a long game. NVdA is another good one. One day it’s in the 150 all of a sudden it’s selling for 700.
*Don’t be scared to fail. There’s gonna be stocks that you think should do well but are trash. I always thought Disney was a powerhouse, but the stock is pretty trash. How much more can Disney grow and create revenue. Tho, it is doing better now.
*Read. Always something new to learn. Share portfolios. Anytime I see the homies portfolio makes me want to hustle even more.

*Consistency- always add money in. At least 10 a week until you get a rythym.
*Game plan- whether you like option, divs or growth stocks stick to it. Find out what you like.
*As Anti mentioned, time in the market> timing. I once bought some BTC when it was at 7k. Now it’s in the 50s. You can never time it. Investing is a long game. NVdA is another good one. One day it’s in the 150 all of a sudden it’s selling for 700.
*Don’t be scared to fail. There’s gonna be stocks that you think should do well but are trash. I always thought Disney was a powerhouse, but the stock is pretty trash. How much more can Disney grow and create revenue. Tho, it is doing better now.
*Read. Always something new to learn. Share portfolios. Anytime I see the homies portfolio makes me want to hustle even more.

I have about $38k currently could I send it to you for your investing support?

Is it good to dca VOO? Or wait until a price drop to put a decent amount in all at once. I think either way it’s win win. Just seeing how you all go about investing in etfs

Also, what resources do you all use to read up on some emerging stocks? Thinking something ai related will blow up this year. Got the excitement there, just now some more implementation

Is it good to dca VOO? Or wait until a price drop to put a decent amount in all at once. I think either way it’s win win. Just seeing how you all go about investing in etfs

Also, what resources do you all use to read up on some emerging stocks? Thinking something ai related will blow up this year. Got the excitement there, just now some more implementation
Can’t go wrong with VOO. DCA for sure. Don’t try and time the market.

I usually dca into the index every week to couple of weeks. If you want to keep a bigger load of money on deck for a correction, that makes sense as well but I would do both.

Back
Top Bottom