OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Apple is actually cheap based upon earnings. As insane as that sounds. I'd probably buy some if my holding period was under a year and I felt like keeping a close eye one it.

To play devil's advocate, around this time last year Goldman Sachs projected NFLX to reach $600. I see flashes of that here. 

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

To play devil's advocate, around this time last year Goldman Sachs projected NFLX to reach $600. I see flashes of that here. 
laugh.gif
 Come on bro. Netflix has never and will never be the company or stock that Apple is.

I don't listen to analysts. I look at the numbers and consumer sentiment. BUY BUY BUY. And I've been tooting that horn on here since at least $350. I hope yall listened.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

laugh.gif
 Come on bro. Netflix has never and will never be the company or stock that Apple is.

I don't listen to analysts. I look at the numbers and consumer sentiment. BUY BUY BUY. And I've been tooting that horn on here since at least $350. I hope yall listened.

The market has been in an uptrend and AAPL is the market leader. I just don't like to see people follow advice based on targets that these institutions set.

laugh.gif

The market has been in an uptrend and AAPL is the market leader. I just don't like to see people follow advice based on targets that these institutions set.
Is that the only reason you compared AAPL to NFLX? 
Good day for me today, obviously led by AAPL. Everything else was in the red. But when I can add 1% on a flat market day, I'm very pleased. 

Please don't compare AAPL to NFLX, it makes Steve Jobs wanna haunt you.

Corning GLW broke 14 again today, let's see if it's able to maintain that level and continue trading higher. Love that stock long-term along with BP and even Tiffany, although I may trim and reenter the latter as they report next week. Need to do my research before deciding.

SLV looks like it may be breaking to the downside. Not normally into precious metals, but will probably buy some if it dips to 26-28. Would much rather own silver than gold anyway considering it has more practicality and is obviously much cheaper.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Corning GLW broke 14 again today, let's see if it's able to maintain that level and continue trading higher. Love that stock long-term along with BP and even Tiffany, although I may trim and reenter the latter as they report next week. Need to do my research before deciding.

SLV looks like it may be breaking to the downside. Not normally into precious metals, but will probably buy some if it dips to 26-28. Would much rather own silver than gold anyway considering it has more practicality and is obviously much cheaper.
He already did, my Macbook broke down the other day.
laugh.gif
I was comparing NFLX to AAPL in the sense that this time last year, the institutions were pumping NFLX and setting outrageous price targets for it. I do not recommend bottom fishing GLD and SLV, they actually look like good shorts IMO.

laugh.gif
I was comparing NFLX to AAPL in the sense that this time last year, the institutions were pumping NFLX and setting outrageous price targets for it. I do not recommend bottom fishing GLD and SLV, they actually look like good shorts IMO.
$710 is not an outrageous price target for a company that just had a quarter in which they had an EPS of $13.87, net revenue of $46.3B, have a foward P/E of 12.3 and are sitting on over $100B in cash. 

laugh.gif
Yeah, it realy depends where the market is and what's going on globally if and when it retests those levels. I'm not one of those hyperinflation people, but with our debt and the possibility of another war, it's an interesting trade.

laugh.gif
$710 is not an outrageous price target for a company that just had a quarter in which they had an EPS of $13.87, net revenue of $46.3B, have a foward P/E of 12.3 and are sitting on over $100B in cash. 
Morgan Stanley said $1000. I mean really??

Hey, is anyone else looking at BAC? Stock went up 4% yesterday as a result of the bank stress test, which was more than AAPL. I'm a broke college student, so I got in at 6.65 with $500.

Originally Posted by bruce negro

Hey, is anyone else looking at BAC? Stock went up 4% yesterday as a result of the bank stress test, which was more than AAPL. I'm a broke college student, so I got in at 6.65 with $500.

I am up like 29% with BAC over a few months. i should take my profits but bought for the long term.

any suggestions? (im not knowledgeable)

BAC looks very bullish, I would stay in and add more shares. But I would raise my stops and sell as soon as the indexes show a few consecutive days of weakness. 

I urge you all to buy a put on your long positions if you haven't already done so to protect against downside risk... true you don't want to fight the uptrend but equities have become so complacent relative to other markets lately and correlations between currencies/commodities/bonds/equities are becoming disconnected for the time being... this to me is signalling something negative to happen in the short-term especially with oil still so high and literally any day the Strait of Hormuz could be disrupted causing oil to shoot higher which is a killer to the US economy and thus equities...

My 2 cents

Originally Posted by JC08

I urge you all to buy a put on your long positions if you haven't already done so to protect against downside risk... true you don't want to fight the uptrend but equities have become so complacent relative to other markets lately and correlations between currencies/commodities/bonds/equities are becoming disconnected for the time being... this to me is signalling something negative to happen in the short-term especially with oil still so high and literally any day the Strait of Hormuz could be disrupted causing oil to shoot higher which is a killer to the US economy and thus equities...

My 2 cents
You can just keep raising your stops to alleviate that.

Steve Cortes put an AAPL short in at 595 today. Dude's been on point with his shorting of Apple in the past. Wouldn't surprise me if it pulled back some to like 570. Still a good long, though.

Highly recommend if you don't to check out Fast Money at 12 on CNBC. Always good for some nice insight.

Originally Posted by JC08

My 2 cents
You can just keep raising your stops to alleviate that.
But you also give up time value and optionality. Short term volatility is pretty depressed across the board imo.

Steve Cortes is a Contrarian by default, and I would stay clear of CNBC. A couple of weeks ago, I said I want to short AAPL and long MSFT simply because what AAPL is doing looks too good to be true. AAPL will run as long as the overall market is in an uptrend. But as soon as it breaks down, AAPL is probably going to be the first to get hit. 

Back
Top Bottom