OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

That's exactly what John Taylor said. Market goes down, Apple topples, market keeps rising, Apple breaks through the ozone layer. Long term though, I wouldn't worry too much about Apple.

i sold my apple call before the dip ... one of my better 2 day stretches in the option market ... back to being fully liquid ... i still can't believe this market run ... but i'm not complaining

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

i sold my apple call before the dip ... one of my better 2 day stretches in the option market ... back to being fully liquid ... i still can't believe this market run ... but i'm not complaining

I need to look for an options broker. Thanks for reminding me. Which one do you use? Pros and Cons?

Anyone else looking at NKE? Olympics and NFL deal
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

I need to look for an options broker. Thanks for reminding me. Which one do you use? Pros and Cons?

I started with think or swim which is now TD ameritrade. the analytics are solid. I definitely recommend as i've been satisfied w/ the execution. This AAPL run has been so crazy. I'm up quite a bit on the year w/ limited exposure (limited exposure for me is a $2000-5000 position at any time. I still worry about a big dip so I been locking profits and have missed on several big days. I don't day trade too much as it's distracting work wise. I have peace of mind though while still making a lot of money. i'm just about done with stocks. When i get old and more risk averse i'll do dividend stocks. i should have made triple what i have this year but i usually buy longer term options when i have a long view (the position i had was october and may calls ---april would have been a much nicer windfall.)

any other questions lemme know

DaJoka ... i feel for u man ... that 3% apple move the other day in options ... 100% return on May 600 C.

I just hope i don't have a long position when apple take a real hit like a few months ago when they had that flash dip to $361 

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

NKE should get to 120. Don't see any reason not barring some kinda global turmoil.
nerd.gif
 ... earnings in 1 week
nerd.gif

... how did u determine 120

Thanks dav0.

I would roll the dice with the NKE 115 and 120 options for April. IMO

Better yet, I'd try some BAC options if it keeps seeing higher prices on higher volume.

Originally Posted by 36 OUNCES

Dav0, what kind of stocks should I get into on a day trading level? I'm just starting out.

Ones with high volume or currencies. Even though I believe everyone has a different trading style, I am strongly against rookies trying to day trade right off the bat.

I bought into BAC at right around 7. I was thinking of putting another $1,000 in. Any advice on whether or not this is a good idea?

@ Freakydestroyer I've been eyeing this thread closely. what do you recommend? I'm a student with no job, so I have the time and capacity to learn something new. My funds are limited anyway, I have about 500 to blow.

Originally Posted by Azndood21

I bought into BAC at right around 7. I was thinking of putting another $1,000 in. Any advice on whether or not this is a good idea?

I gave my two cents on the previous page. Take a look.

@ Freakydestroyer I've been eyeing this thread closely. what do you recommend? I'm a student with no job, so I have the time and capacity to learn something new. My funds are limited anyway, I have about 500 to blow.

If I'm in your shoes, I would look into currencies because there's no fees. If you trade stocks, you can burn that $500 quick just off fees and commissions. Or I would roll the dice with options. But both options and currencies have high risk/high reward. I would just save up until I get up to $2000. If you want me to get real specific, I'd throw the entire $500 in LNKD now. But that's just my opinion.

Dav0, what kind of stocks should I get into on a day trading level? I'm just starting out.

Ones with high volume or currencies. Even though I believe everyone has a different trading style, I am strongly against rookies trying to day trade right off the bat.

But ... u do have to get ur feet wet some time. I only suggest to people to do their own research ... tips are straight ... but it's your money on the line ... the 2nd rule is invest money that u can sleep with at night ... every once in a while esp. times like these w/ the appl run ... i've had to fallback and say that's too much risk. It took me a while to get into options and when i first jumped in i was trading a bit too much. i had a friend show me the ropes and I mirrored some of his trades. Once i developed my own style and did my own research, i branched out. The leverage is great when it works (AAPL), it also sucks when u're wrong (NFLX).

Use stop loss limits ... ESPECIALLY WHEN TRADING AROUND EARNINGS SEASON...

I like staying liquid ... i try to keep at least 50% available at any time in case i want to rebuy on a long position, hedge, buying opportunity becomes available etc...

so take your time... there is no rush ... i started with calls, then eventually into puts ... be confident in ur research and ur plays. Start with a play money account as well. I started with $2500 in my options account and add $350 every other week to it from my paycheck. So the combination of protifs and additions is gaining traction.

I set a 1 year goal and a longer term goal.

be patient  ... options is the purest form of gambling ... be careful ... it's not for everyone ...

If I'm in your shoes, I would look into currencies because there's no fees. If you trade stocks, you can burn that $500 quick just off fees and commissions. Or I would roll the dice with options. But both options and currencies have high risk/high reward. I would just save up until I get up to $2000. If you want me to get real specific, I'd throw the entire $500 in LNKD now. But that's just my opinion.
When you say currency, do you mean other countries markets?  Start betting on China's dough for example?

Thanks dav0.

Better yet, I'd try some BAC options if it keeps seeing higher prices on higher volume.

i can't trade bank stock/options ... work related
mad.gif

i'm missing out trust ... and i know no one will ask but i can't give inside info either
wink.gif

When you say currency, do you mean other countries markets?  Start betting on China's dough for example?

Pegging a currency to another. I actually have little to no experience with currencies, I suggested that to you mainly because there's no fees and might appeal to you because you are not starting with much. Plus it is the most liquid market so your order gets filled instantly. Also if you feel comfortable enough, you can trade 24 hours a day, 7 days a week because it's worldwide. For those reasons, I think it might appeal to you. But it's up to you to decide.

Thanks dav0.

i can't trade bank stock/options ... work related
mad.gif

i'm missing out trust ... and i know no one will ask but i can't give inside info either
wink.gif

Without being too specific, you are confirming my speculation on the red, white ,and blue?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by DaBottom305

Do anyone think its a good idea to invest in Sprint?

They're at $2.80 but their 52 week high is $6.45.

It looks okay IMO, not much action. I would be much more optimistic when it clears $3.

Back
Top Bottom