OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

GLD and SLV short was a good idea after all 
laugh.gif

I played Tesla for a squeeze right before earnings. Sold out a little early though.

Added to GLW today and took a position in MS. Should bust through resistance next week.
Also looking for Owens Corning OC to pullback some more off this housing news. 30-32 bucks would be a nice entry, depending on the market.And watching NKE to find its bottom.

Anyone familiar with JIVE? It's done well since its IPO and sounds like it has a pretty decent model.

Jive Software, Inc. (Jive) provides a social business software platform. The Company's platform can be provided as a public cloud service or as a private cloud solution. The Company's comprehensive Jive Engage Platform enables and improves collaboration across two principal communities: employees within the enterprise and customers and partners outside the enterprise. The Company provides its platform both as a public cloud service and as a private cloud solution that integrates with application services from the public cloud. Its deployment model enables access through Web browsers, desktop applications and mobile devices. Its platform integrates with and leverages legacy, on-premise and hosted enterprise systems, such as e-mail, content management, customer relationship management, marketing automation, product development, e-commerce, instant messaging and other related applications.

Can someone school me on selling puts real quick?

I understand about having to buy the stock if it reaches your strike place, but what happens if it sinks far below? Also, I read something about if the stock is above your strike price, you could also make money. How does that work? Is it like a call where you cash in on the difference, or are you solely profiting on the premium?

I don't know about Tesla. TEchnical indicators and the graphs wouldn't suggest to buy, however the new Model S should sell great (I don't know if it's available yet), but that should lift stock prices.

I think MS and BAC should rise nicely in the next few weeks, they are cheaply priced and hopefully politicians can patch up the euro crises which would also be great news for markets.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Originally Posted by finnns2003

TSLA has really done well. I originally bought at $21 a share, now it's around $34-35...

Nice! Anything else you are looking at right now?
I'm interested in getting into Whole Foods right now, as well as Intel. I generally look for strong companies with growth opportunities or in Intel's case, established companies with big dividends.

I don't know about Tesla. TEchnical indicators and the graphs wouldn't suggest to buy, however the new Model S should sell great (I don't know if it's available yet), but that should lift stock prices.
They also have the Model X coming out eventually, and a new Roadster. That's one thing you can't look at technicals for. If I listened to that, I would've missed out on $14 a share of growth.

TSLA has really done well. I originally bought at $21 a share, now it's around $34-35...

I'm interested in getting into Whole Foods right now, as well as Intel. I generally look for strong companies with growth opportunities or in Intel's case, established companies with big dividends.

They also have the Model X coming out eventually, and a new Roadster. That's one thing you can't look at technicals for. If I listened to that, I would've missed out on $14 a share of growth.

Oh yeah, the SUV. You are absolutely right btw.  I wonder if this is really the direction vehicles are headed in...Although regardless of their great cars, batteries still need serious improvements.

The SUV looks terrible but I like how the interior console is touch. These cars will probably require an operating system to run fluently soon. Wonder if we see an iCar
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by nocomment6

Oh yeah, the SUV. You are absolutely right btw.  I wonder if this is really the direction vehicles are headed in...Although regardless of their great cars, batteries still need serious improvements.
Agreed, need longer life cycles and daily charges need to be weekly.
Also agree that the SUV isn't a looker. Just need it to sell. 
smile.gif

what is the best online trading company do you guys use? for example eTRADE , ING DIRECT, or STock TRADE, etc

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Can someone school me on selling puts real quick?

I understand about having to buy the stock if it reaches your strike place, but what happens if it sinks far below? Also, I read something about if the stock is above your strike price, you could also make money. How does that work? Is it like a call where you cash in on the difference, or are you solely profiting on the premium?

You are obligated to buy the shares at the strike price if the buyer chooses.  If the stock is above the strike, the option is worthless at expiration.  If below, no matter how far below, you have to buy the stock at the strike at expiration.

If the stock is above your strike you get to keep what you sold the put for and you don't have to buy any stock to cover it since it will expire worthless.

Does anyone know how to short the student loan bubble? I've been looking to do this for a while now.

Back
Top Bottom