OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Originally Posted by CruThik3

Does anyone know how to short the student loan bubble? I've been looking to do this for a while now.

I was just looking into this. Maybe look into some of the loan companies like Sallie Mae.

Originally Posted by XkrispyELI

what is the best online trading company do you guys use? for example eTRADE , ING DIRECT, or STock TRADE, etc

Interactive Brokers.  Best on all levels + trades are only .005/share.

Only downside is the high initial amount you must put in - $10,000.  $3,000 if you are under 21.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Tesla upgraded.
MS:pimp:
Thinking about taking a look at PHM, need to examine the chart on my netbook, though.

MS
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

BIDU
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

PCLN
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Tesla upgraded.
Thinking about taking a look at PHM, need to examine the chart on my netbook, though.
laugh.gif
TSLA was upgraded, really? Now that is hilarious.

Tesla upgraded.
I just wanted to post this. 
TSLA up nearly 7 percent, crazy!

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

As I've said before, do not sleep on the other web companies when FB IPO's. Especially LNKD... 

How is LNKD connected to FB, other then the news raising all of NASDAQ a little bit?
When is it due? IT's been rescheduled so many times.

Originally Posted by E3LAL

Originally Posted by XkrispyELI

what is the best online trading company do you guys use? for example eTRADE , ING DIRECT, or STock TRADE, etc

Interactive Brokers.  Best on all levels + trades are only .005/share.

Only downside is the high initial amount you must put in - $10,000.  $3,000 if you are under 21.
damn thats way better compared to those $9 per transaction that etrade and stocktrade offer ..... but i dont have 10k to invest ... not yet anyways 

Originally Posted by nocomment6

As I've said before, do not sleep on the other web companies when FB IPO's. Especially LNKD... 

How is LNKD connected to FB, other then the news raising all of NASDAQ a little bit?
When is it due? IT's been rescheduled so many times.
I've been shouting out LNKD for the past few weeks. I think all of the web companies will benefit from the FB IPO, but LNKD will benefit the most because it is the second biggest social network.

Picked up a little DECK on Friday for a few point swing.

Didn't know that about Interactive Brokers...that's a bargain.

For earnings players, MOS options have been steadily rising.

Originally Posted by secretzofwar

Your trades scream bottom fishing, it might work here and there, but in the long run you will get whipsawed.

PCLN and CMG 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
It doesn't stop 

No joke, I slept hard on priceline and chipotle
30t6p3b.gif
.  For now, I'm just sitting back until we go to war with Iran or something
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by secretzofwar

Your trades scream bottom fishing, it might work here and there, but in the long run you will get whipsawed.

Eh, sometimes. I don't think Decker's is a broken company and if I wanted one or two more core holdings I'd probably consider it.

I like MOS because there's not a lot of downside IMO, and if you can write some covered calls against your position, you can get a nice premium.

I'm not much of a trader, but ST buying opportunities arise quite often. My portfolio is mainly deep value (PSS - not so much any more, RICK, CLWR).

All red today except for the obvious. And of course I'm in the green overall. Hopefully this bump in AAPL ignites another takeoff for AAPL. I'm expecting another blowout quarter thanks to much better than expected iPad numbers.

Back
Top Bottom