OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

I am just learning about stocks/investments and I was just curious what are some of the main things to know when analyzing a company/stock/mutual fund? I don't want your methods just a basic overall view of what to look for

I really don't know what to expect this week. Something is telling me to be bullish but to expect the tide to change soon.

I am just learning about stocks/investments and I was just curious what are some of the main things to know when analyzing a company/stock/mutual fund? I don't want your methods just a basic overall view of what to look for

Buy high, sell higher

I really don't know what to expect this week. Something is telling me to be bullish but to expect the tide to change soon.

This chatter's been going on since at least June :lol: It's good news that the Syria situation is squared away right?

Buy high, sell higher

This chatter's been going on since at least June :lol: It's good news that the Syria situation is squared away right?

:rolleyes what kind of tangible data can/should i look up for a stock? what can tell me the most about a company? i'd really appreciate some help because this is pretty overwhelming. i don't think i'm asking for too much. i'm young and just want a basic knowledge.

Buy high, sell higher

More like all year people thought the world was going to end, but now it's like everything is fine. Makes me skeptical. We'll see.

whats a good website to simply "watch" stocks?

profit/loss over time.

my sharebuilder only shows per day changes of watched stocks

Last edited:
whats a good website to simply "watch" stocks?

profit/loss over time.

my sharebuilder only shows per day changes of watched stocks

I'm not really experienced in this stuff.. Just getting into it.. But...

If you go into goggle and type in the stock name, for example Apple is AAPL

You'll get a chart.. And u can see the changes made Ina day.. 5 days.. A month.. 5 months and so on

Again.. I am new to this.. So I'm not nearly as experienced as these other guys... But what I've noticed is that you basically gotta pay attention to things goin on in the company and the world that could affect the stocks value.

Ill use apple again as another example.

Apples stock was trading at around $475.
Billionaire Carl Icahn had said somethin about having a huge steak in apple and how he thot the stock was undervalued.
Next day it spiked to $500.. And was consistently trading at about $500-510

After Apple revealed the new iPhone 5S and 5C the stock dropped to about $565.

One of the main points bieng made was that stock holders were looming for Apple to make a cheaper phone to combat android sales. Especially in china since they upgrade thier phones about every 6 months.
Alot faster than the US.
The 5C is only $100 cheaper than the 5S (according to the article I read)

So I guess investors where looking for it to be even cheaper and so assume sales aren't gana be what they were looking for.
So they sold.

Anyone of you guys feel free to add/correct anything I said.

Last edited:

Again.. I am new to this.. So I'm not nearly as experienced as these other guys... But what I've noticed is that you basically gotta pay attention to things goin on in the company and the world that could affect the stocks value.

Ill use apple again as another example.

Apples stock was trading at around $475.
Billionaire Carl Icahn had said somethin about having a huge steak in apple and how he thot the stock was undervalued.
Next day it spiked to $500.. And was consistently trading at about $500-510

After Apple revealed the new iPhone 5S and 5C the stock dropped to about $565.

One of the main points bieng made was that stock holders were looming for Apple to make a cheaper phone to combat android sales. Especially in china since they upgrade thier phones about every 6 months.
Alot faster than the US.
The 5C is only $100 cheaper than the 5S (according to the article I read)

So I guess investors where looking for it to be even cheaper and so assume sales aren't gana be what they were looking for.
So they sold.

Anyone of you guys feel free to add/correct anything I said.

Thank you!! Repped.

I would also recommend a site like Forbes.com

They publish alot of articles that can be prty helpful.

Especially if your new.. Ill just read Alot of them just to soak up the info

The secondary offering, maintaining a strong support. The chart is not broken just consolidating due to the secondary offering. Also the pivot points show the stocks next resistance point is 95.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom