OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

whats a good website to simply "watch" stocks?

profit/loss over time.

my sharebuilder only shows per day changes of watched stocks

I'm not really experienced in this stuff.. Just getting into it.. But...

If you go into goggle and type in the stock name, for example Apple is AAPL

You'll get a chart.. And u can see the changes made Ina day.. 5 days.. A month.. 5 months and so on

yeah, but I want from a certain date, the date I "would have" bought it.

oh lawdddd AAPL taking it up the butt.

glad i didn't get involved with FIO or BLOX.

surprised LULU has made the comeback that it did as quickly as it did.

Lulu for sure. I just bought some of their workout shorts, I am a fan. :lol:

AAPL looks like an anvil, falling fast

P watch for it to settle. Might be a good entry point for a swing trade. I'm not in but worth looking at

Have been daytrading SCTY on margin the last few days. Have cleared close to three grand. I'm long NUAN; it's acting real funny lately. It's an interesting stock that gets almost no premium. I thought last quarter's earnings report would be the one to keep a close eye on, but it now looks like the November report will be the pivotal one. Also, AAPL is looking right to start a long position in. 

SCTY love this stock for daytrading. Big range and good volume

AAPL might have 1-2 more down days before bouncing. May even fill the gap near 426. Be patient imo. I do not like the technicals and risk vs reward here

Anyone know if citibank business allows you to hook up your account to a investment portfolio?  I am looking to start trading under my LLC here in Florida can anyone recommend an inexpensive e broker? I cant justify to my partners about putting up a few thousand but a few hundred at a time to show minor profits then we can seek bigger ventures. Also seeking a really good bookkeeper and CPA here in Soflo.. Dm's accepted thanks ! 

I took a small break from buying any stocks. The last couple of stocks I bought into were ALIM, UBNT and FB. I've been pretty lucky on on two out of three, but was not patient enough on FB. I'm still pissed that I didn not get in on the TSLA fun :smh:

I just transferred some money back over into my E-Trade account. I've been monitoring this thread for the last few pages. What are some trends I should be watching for over the next few weeks with companies on the rise?

Hope y'all didnt miss out on that pandora secondary offering pull back. Could have jumped in; stock is gone again.

And again ssys. Up 3%

Long fio
Long BRCM

Last edited:
Hope y'all didnt miss out on that pandora secondary offering pull back. Could have jumped in; stock is gone again.

And again ssys. Up 3%

Long fio
Long BRCM

SSYS :smokin could only buy 3 shares at yesterday though :lol: :smh: :frown:

SIRI also cookin :nthat: been in this one instead of P, but I'm holding long

Last edited:
Can anybody explain to me why a secondary offering would ever increase a stock's price? Shouldn't dilution subsequently reduce it proportionally? Kinda weird watching SSYS and P doing what it's doing.

FB still running :x

Can anybody explain to me why a secondary offering would ever increase a stock's price? Shouldn't dilution subsequently reduce it proportionally? Kinda weird watching SSYS and P doing what it's doing.

FB still running :x
The secondary did not cause it to take a dive, so that demonstrates strength.

I'm about to have around 3k and want to do some trading. Would sharebuilder be a good site to start? If not can anyone recommend any sites to use.

I'm about to have around 3k and want to do some trading. Would sharebuilder be a good site to start? If not can anyone recommend any sites to use.

Personally I love sharebuilder with the automatic investing option....I'm still recently out of school and just started my career so I'm not big ballin like a lot of the guys in here dropping knowledge...I'd recommend it, lets you get partial shares and build up a position over time with no minimum

I use Etrade, although I haven't traded at all this year, it's ok. I think Ameritrade might be cheaper, and I like how you can draw trend lines with them.

I used to mess with FIO in 2012, made a couple of bucks. Might have to look back into it.

Last edited:
NQ nice bounce today. Stock acted as planned and sized in. $2+ range today on a 20$ stock. Those 8-10% gains with leverage add up. I've become more selective in trading lately and just waiting for setups to confirm. My goal is to nail 3 big trades a week and a bunch of little gains with minimal losses. Losing and failure is a big part of the traders education and psychology. I do my best to accept I'm never going to hit 100% of my trades even though sometimes I let my ego get in the way. Just rambling some thoughts off..

AAPL look for higher lows for longer term play. The stock has potential if you get good entries

Back
Top Bottom