OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

iEternalv wrote
imahustla - putting all your money in one stock and trying to day trade is a plan for disaster. i hope that 26k isn't your savings.

i'd put AT LEAST half that in long stocks and the rest you can F around with if you want to. putting it all on one horse is never a good plan in the long run.
I agree with you 100%.

The thing is though, I dont plan to hold these positions for long and especially not overnight. I plan to buy and sell within seconds or minutes. Also, say Ibuy in at 3.50 I will automatically put a stop in at 3.48, so if it does drop it will sell off right away. Therefore making the loss very small. Soon as ithits 3.51 I sell. Many of these stocks I see trade sideways all day with the price going a few pennies back and forth every 10 seconds or so. Any opinions?

^^

so you put your stop 2 pennies below only to put your sell at a penny above? makes no sense. Please keep us updated if you do decide to do this though.

seems like a lot of work buying/selling/holding in order to make $50 IMO...

-J23C

Originally Posted by imahustla08

iEternalv wrote
imahustla - putting all your money in one stock and trying to day trade is a plan for disaster. i hope that 26k isn't your savings.

i'd put AT LEAST half that in long stocks and the rest you can F around with if you want to. putting it all on one horse is never a good plan in the long run.
I agree with you 100%.

The thing is though, I dont plan to hold these positions for long and especially not overnight. I plan to buy and sell within seconds or minutes. Also, say I buy in at 3.50 I will automatically put a stop in at 3.48, so if it does drop it will sell off right away. Therefore making the loss very small. Soon as it hits 3.51 I sell. Many of these stocks I see trade sideways all day with the price going a few pennies back and forth every 10 seconds or so. Any opinions?

heh i know people that do this. im not going to tell you how much they make a month doing it but yea its a good idea. the only difference betweenthe people that do this and you is that they got degrees on it and has alot more experience.

Originally Posted by Scarface2k1

whats up guys?

how do you feel about midway?
they still own the rights to mortal kombat.
i thought they went out of business....... ea killed that company to the ground.

Originally Posted by andycrazn

iEternalv wrote

I agree with you 100%.

The thing is though, I dont plan to hold these positions for long and especially not overnight. I plan to buy and sell within seconds or minutes. Also, say I buy in at 3.50 I will automatically put a stop in at 3.48, so if it does drop it will sell off right away. Therefore making the loss very small. Soon as it hits 3.51 I sell. Many of these stocks I see trade sideways all day with the price going a few pennies back and forth every 10 seconds or so. Any opinions?
heh i know people that do this. im not going to tell you how much they make a month doing it but yea its a good idea. the only difference between the people that do this and you is that they got degrees on it and has alot more experience.

can we get an estimate? are we talkin 6 figures a month? 5 grand a month? i have a bunch of cash sittin on the sidelines and i wouldnt mindtryin it.

Originally Posted by belle155

iEternalv wrote

I agree with you 100%.

heh i know people that do this. im not going to tell you how much they make a month doing it but yea its a good idea. the only difference between the people that do this and you is that they got degrees on it and has alot more experience.
can we get an estimate? are we talkin 6 figures a month? 5 grand a month? i have a bunch of cash sittin on the sidelines and i wouldnt mind tryin it.

i seriously dont recommend doing it because you have to know what you are doing. so im not going to say the amount because if i do, it will justentice you to do it

iEternalv wrote

I agree with you 100%.

can we get an estimate? are we talkin 6 figures a month? 5 grand a month? i have a bunch of cash sittin on the sidelines and i wouldnt mind tryin it.
i seriously dont recommend doing it because you have to know what you are doing. so im not going to say the amount because if i do, it will just entice you to do it

laugh.gif
it's about the median income for an individual in the U.S. youpretty much already convinced them to do it. Pandora's box is opened!!

This sounds too good to be true. If you can scalp for a couple pennies here and there without the use of T/A and come out ahead most of the time, then I'vedone all this work for nothing.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

iEternalv wrote

I agree with you 100%.

i seriously dont recommend doing it because you have to know what you are doing. so im not going to say the amount because if i do, it will just entice you to do it

laugh.gif
it's about the median income for an individual in the U.S. you pretty much already convinced them to do it. Pandora's box is opened!!

yea but they been doing this for around 8+ years and its not like they millionaires, they just live comfortably.

iEternalv wrote

I agree with you 100%.

these people also probably have a lot more than 26k in the market.
But do what you do, if you do well, then $#+% it's worth it. i wouldn't f with C right now if you were thinking of putting it all in. I would put it ina more stable company/industry.

Originally Posted by Scarface2k1

whats up guys?

how do you feel about midway?
they still own the rights to mortal kombat.
i thought they went out of business....... ea killed that company to the ground.
i'd get into ATVI...i havent heard from midway in days, didnt know they still made games until i googled it.
laugh.gif

yea between ATVI and MSFT i dont know which one to get. well DLM is doing great today. i can see it going up to 10

iEternalv wrote

I agree with you 100%.

You're going to experience the definition of whipsaw.

Day traders do take positions to make, say, as little as .25 per share but there is a lot of analysis that goes into making their decisions.
They do TA but for a very short time frame.

I suggest you become familiar with volume, breadth, and momentum indicators at the very least.

Just came in here to say that I will love my Father for life, for telling me to put my humble savings into Wells Fargo. That is all.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Just came in here to say that I will love my Father for life, for telling me to put my humble savings into Wells Fargo. That is all.
is your father warren buffett?

if you dont touch your savings, a CD is far better than a WF savings account...

is your father warren buffett?

??
laugh.gif
wut.....No, he has all of his 401k in there as well as another account. When all the banks were failing he told me Fargo would prosper because of theirstrict lending programs, and international name. I doubted but did it anyway because my pops has made millions through sheer savings alone. Although myinvestment was small by most standards I have since some out with substantial gain.

Originally Posted by iEternalv

It is not in a savings account, it is in their stock. I said MY savings, as in my saved up money.

Originally Posted by iEternalv

It is not in a savings account, it is in their stock. I said MY savings, as in my saved up money.
oh i read that wrong...but yeah, stock-wise, i like WFC more than BAC, C, etc...

Back
Top Bottom