OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Water is going to be a huge commodity in the future 5, 10, 20 years. Doing research to find out what companies will make sense as long term investments. I'm going to write a post once I get my info together

Water is going to be a huge commodity in the future 5, 10, 20 years. Doing research to find out what companies will make sense as long term investments. I'm going to write a post once I get my info together
I would imagine Nestle

didnt watch the video but nestle owns alot of the water companies. from poland spring to san pellegrino and some others. they got that bottled water market on lock.

http://moneymorning.com/2013/11/21/investing-in-water-stocks-get-your-share-of-a-20-trillion-market/

The global water industry is already a $500 billion a year business - and it's headed to $20 trillion by 2025.

That's 3,900% growth in 12 years, headed for an amount bigger than the $17 trillion U.S. economy.

The reason for this explosive growth?

According to the United Nations, 783 million people today do not have access to water, and a shocking 2.5 billion people lack basic sanitation. That's why the world is already spending billions of dollars on water.

ive always wanted to create my own bottled water company. it would be based on an industrial sized RO (reverse osmosis) system. been saying this since 08 but no one knows what RO is and think im crazy for even suggesting that.

http://moneymorning.com/2013/11/21/investing-in-water-stocks-get-your-share-of-a-20-trillion-market/

The global water industry is already a $500 billion a year business - and it's headed to $20 trillion by 2025.

That's 3,900% growth in 12 years, headed for an amount bigger than the $17 trillion U.S. economy.

According to the United Nations, 783 million people today do not have access to water, and a shocking 2.5 billion people lack basic sanitation. That's why the world is already spending billions of dollars on water.

ive always wanted to create my own bottled water company. it would be based on an industrial sized RO (reverse osmosis) system. been saying this since 08 but no one knows what RO is and think im crazy for even suggesting that.

What do you mean? RO is everywhere.

not in bottled water. they just filter it. the only thing i see thats ROed is those big jugs that is for the water coolers and i think deer park is the one that does that.

just made my first investment. pretty thrilling.

my roommate and i have been watching at GT Advanced Tech (Nasdaq: GTAT) and it finally dipped under $16 so we bought.

hoping it booms like the analysts says it will because of Apple.

just made my first investment. pretty thrilling.

my roommate and i have been watching at GT Advanced Tech (Nasdaq: GTAT) and it finally dipped under $16 so we bought.

hoping it booms like the analysts says it will because of Apple.

good luck and hope you get a good return on your investments. just curious, who are you using to invest?

remember when Citron put out that negative hit piece on VJET Nov/Dec 2013? The stock is 1/3 the price since then.. 60s to 20s. Missed a big one there :smh:

a 6k investment (100 shares short at 60) would have netted 4k if covered here ugh

Last edited:
Looking like a pivot point in GLD. 122-123 area held as support. Debating which call strike to buy here

I just went in on JNUG. Saw the inverse H&S starting to form in GLD, not confirmed and I'm probably a little premature in buying, but figure it's pretty low risk with the way it's been holding.

not in bottled water. they just filter it. the only thing i see thats ROed is those big jugs that is for the water coolers and i think deer park is the one that does that.

Gotcha. TBH, I don't think consumers give a **** about RO or the quality of their water. Can't foresee an independent company going very far marketing good, clean water.

remember when Citron put out that negative hit piece on VJET Nov/Dec 2013? The stock is 1/3 the price since then.. 60s to 20s. Missed a big one there :smh:

a 6k investment (100 shares short at 60) would have netted 4k if covered here ugh

Speaking of 4k. If I had gotten rid of my ISRG call on Friday, I would've been 4k richer. :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: I'm a greedy bastard

RO water is serious bidness. theres a club i frequent to and i dined at the restaurant before going upstairs for the club and they were selling RO water for 8 dollars a glass. when ROing water costs PENNIES. i think the cost of a weeks worth of water for a household is just a few bucks. the RO system for a household would only cost 300 and filters would last a year. filter costs around 50 bucks or so. think about RO vs a brand like Brita where a filter costs like 15 bucks but gotta be replaced more frequently.

Last edited:
Yea definitely got greedy and should've taken profits when I was +400%. I have an Apr 460 call. So probably close to worthless now. Wild week to say the least.

I'm still working on finding the balance between taking profits too soon and too late. Let this one ride way too long but I don't think anyone could've expected them to release preliminary ER data like that. Thought I was deep enough in the money to not have to worry about being OTM.

Last edited:
imo if its a big move il let it go on the second day. third is pushing it. if you have more shares. sell off half and let the other half ride.

Back
Top Bottom