OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

ive expected the slamdowns to last 3 days but it went on for i think 8 days in a row? at this point im catching the falling knife. like i said before, im a perma bull on the metals. for me to not believe in it anymore is when its not money and that will be never lol.

it looks like miners corrected. but the prices for the metals puts the miners in the danger zone once again.

Question for you fellas, any articles or books I can read to explain options and trading them

shorts and basing buying and selling i get

but options have always eluded me, just never bothered looking into it.

I appreciate the help and info thanks fellas

whats you guys opinion on HTGC ICE? Also how important is the P/E when you guys are buying a stock?

Not a fan of these class C shares at this price. I'm gonna monitor them but I think I rather just go with GOOGL if they're gonna be the same price basically. Feel like the C's should've been cheaper but what do I know.

I don't look at P/E's too much, but I'm not a long term guy so that's part of the reason. You want something around 15 or less from what I have heard.

Edit:

Took my FB core off earlier at 61.80 after it had gone green to red and failed to get over 62 a couple of times. Read a tweet from Modern_Rock where he mentioned how hard it was for stocks to recover after going green to red so I used that as my motive to lock in the gains. Looks like I'll be able to reenter the trade around my average or less end of day or tomorrow.

Last edited:
Keep chugging along ISRG. Keep chugging along :smokin

Still on the sidelines for miners.

NASDAQ looking like it wants to continue its trend throughout March. Peep Pandora's move today :x Blue balls

FEYE disgusting :x

GOOG split had me thinking it really fell 50% :lol:

Hypothetical question for all: what would it take for a tech giant like GOOG to be devalued in half overnight? :lol:

TWTR stays getting punked. I need to cut my losses or prepare myself to really wait this one out. I bought at $55 :smh:

Ouch. I bought in around $45 last week I think. Gonna cut my losses. Sentiment seems low

Why would you buy TWTR? That chart + those fundamentals look disgusting.

The money to be made on it was around IPO hype.

Why would you buy TWTR? That chart + those fundamentals look disgusting.

The money to be made on it was around IPO hype.

I personally was looking for a 2- or 3-day scalp. Bought in when it looked like a pivot point, moved up the next day, but not the next. Should've sold then, but I was on vacation :lol:

Small loss. Whatevs.

seeing a lot of bear flags out there in momentum names SCTY, HIMX are a few examples

Last edited:
If you guys have an ipad, I highly recommend the stocktouch app. Really cool heat map app. Wish they would add ability for candlestick charts though

Picked up a few FB call options yesterday at the stock's LoD the Jan $55. Sold them into this strength here for a quick scalp since I think that gap may get filled down. Overall, I'm probably gonna reenter this strike in the future once FB gets into a better trend. Rather go that route with the earnings report coming out April 23rd.

Last edited:
jumped in AMZN.

FireTV looks iffy, not much to differentiate it from AppleTV except the voice command.

chromecast has a great price point but limited to only certain streaming apps.

the 1 yr chart looks terrible but the long term chart on amzn looks like its hitting strong support trendline.

but if the nasdaq continues to rally, i can see AMZN recovering

Sheeeesshhhhhhhhhh!!!! Techs are getting murked.

Who's tryna catch a falling knife? Talmbout FEYE, KNDI, YELP, NFLX, etc.

Should've gotten rid of my ISRG call. Down $2700 at the moment :frown:

Last edited:

Should've gotten rid of my ISRG call. Down $2700 at the moment
frown.gif
I hear you on that....I got too greedy with some stocks and now I'm holding waiting for this mess to end. It seems like bears have been taking control the past couple of weeks. 

Should've gotten rid of my ISRG call. Down $2700 at the moment :frown:
I hear you on that....I got too greedy with some stocks and now I'm holding waiting for this mess to end. It seems like bears have been taking control the past couple of weeks. 

Yup. Every move up is getting sold

I think there's another few bucks to the downside potentially in FEYE and FB. They offer nice scalp opportunities to day trade currently, but I wouldn't marry anything full size. If playing respect your stops and pay yourself into strength until there's a solid trend established. This market could go lower and it wouldn't necessarily be unhealthy. A good flush would rejuvenate interest in a lot of these overvalued names.

Might be helpful for some:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom