OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

I wish I picked up more shares after Tesla's IPO. I've been an investor since day 1 but never had enough. Now that you could've retired from. :smh:

Seen dgly last week at 9.15..was already up 20% on the day..didn't pull the trigger lol..what is life
Morons falling over themselves shorting a low float stock naked is why it hit 30. It's not a good stock by any means--doesn't even have options. Just been float rotation and folks getting squeezed. Same thing that happened with PLUG on its way to 12 basically.

@Based Mod - Thefeels man. But may be a pullback before they release the hero 4. Might be our chance haha

I wish I picked up more shares after Tesla's IPO. I've been an investor since day 1 but never had enough. Now that you could've retired from. :smh:

Hindsight is 20/20. I'm sure you're sitting pretty regardless if you're still holding shares from IPO.

$TSL - In at 12.23 out at 14.30

Wanted to get in this too when it dropped to 10.30'ish not too long ago [emoji]128557[/emoji]

Sorry if this was asked before, but any recommended must read books. I am new and want to learn how to trade stocks on my spare time.

Would like to get as knowledgeable as possible before investing a penny. Any tips, pointers, books/ anything to read is greatly appreciated. 

Sorry if this was asked before, but any recommended must read books. I am new and want to learn how to trade stocks on my spare time.

Would like to get as knowledgeable as possible before investing a penny. Any tips, pointers, books/ anything to read is greatly appreciated. 
stockcharts.com is a great source for learning about technical analysis
investopedia.com has a wealth of information on investing, including definitions and a stock simulator to practice trading in the market with fake money

i'll leave the book suggestions to the others!

As a technical trader (price and volume) here are the two books I recommend in addition to http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school
Technical Analysis Using Multiple Timeframes - Brian Shannon
Technical Analysis of Stock Trends #10 - Robert D Edwards

These books helped me shape my trading strategies
How I Made 2 Million - Nicolas Darvas
How To Trade In Stocks - Jesse Livermore
Lessons From The Greatest Stock Traders - John Boik
Reminiscences of a Stock Operator - Edwin Lefevre

Once you really grasp technical analysis and want to dissect financial reports read this
Financial Shenanigans #3- Howard Schilit

You can also get into the psychological aspect of trading
Trading In The Zone - Mark Douglas
Beyond Greed and Fear - Hersh Shefrin

The what-book-do-you-recommend question gets asked every month and Wiz is always happy to answer :smokin

GILD down on talks about a generic Sovaldi.

That Brian Shannon book is worth it.

If you're looking to be a serious day trader, InvestorsLive's Textbook Trading DVD is well worth it. Expensive, but worth it.

y u do dis Musk?

Seriously though, why do CEOs publicly state that their stock price is too high? Shake out the scared hands and prevent an implosion down the road?

Last edited:
So what are you guys doing with Alibaba? :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

GPRO doe :x

GILD with an interesting candle today :nerd:

Last edited:
y u do dis Musk?

Seriously though, why do CEOs publicly state that their stock price is too high? Shake out the scared hands and prevent an implosion down the road?

Maybe warning investors that the stock is going too high too fast for short term-mid term traders. otherwise if you're holding long term, you don't have too much to worry about

GIS bought BNNY for $46 a share after hours.

I feel like BNNY is a takeover candidate. They make a great product, but they have issues with organic wheat prices and inflation. Stock looks like it's gonna take out the recent swing low of 27.86. Gonna be eying this one and that level if it holds. Wish it had more volume option wise though.

Stock never broke 29 and grinded well over 30 before today. Never took a position here because there was barely any volume or open interest options wise and I didn't have the funds for common, but my idea was spot on. Need more conviction next time to at least nibble on the options market. This and TKMR are two should haves that would've reversed my failures from the first half of the year. Oh well. Always another trade. I'll be ready for it.

Last edited:
SPY has been looking weak lately. I feel we are near the top if it hasn't been already put in. Still holding partial TVIX swing. Caught a late day flyer in CMGE on the abcd breakout today. Made up for my messy morning smh

Last edited:
Trying to get into the stock market as well with some long term investments and building my portfolio with some extra money I have (still owe about 200K in loans), but some safe options long term will be better then anything a savings account can offer me.

Gonna have to read up.

^ I'm not the best person to give advice, but one thing's for sure: max out your Roth for the year.

Wonder if the spike up today for AAPL will tank after the announcement like it usually seems to do.

Sure did. Hope you guys got something out of the spike. Thank god for stops :pimp: Got out of an Oct110 call near the high.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Nasdaq touches 4400 this week before it starts to head up towards a new high. 

y u do dis Musk?

I feel like he's giving forewarning that he's about to manipulate the stock price, but thats how I think.  If they're opening new electric stations around the US you would expect the price to go up in the future, unless of course you get your usual insider trading.....

Back
Top Bottom