OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Posting for later... about to start my 3rd semester as a marketing major with a minor in finance this thread is amazing.

What's everyone's thoughts on rimm atm?.. They're planning on launching the bb10 on the 30th and the stick is screaming at me to buy it while I'm sitting here scratching my head hesitating to pull the trigger while the stock just keeps going up and up :-s lol
Honestly now is the time to buy, i got lucky and got it at 14.30 and its well over 17 now. I expect it to go up a few dollars up until the phone comes out then it will drop. 

I wanted to buy when it was 8/9ish... My friends all gawked and laughed and said it would be a stupid move on my part... I should have went through with it.. Oh well... Might drop some cash this weeks if rimm sees some dips... How do you guys feel about aapl atm, and where do you guys see it price wise 6 months down the road?

Personally, I wouldn't buy RIMM at this level, but that's me.

There probably is still be decent to good money to be made. The odds favor a move up in the near term IMO.

Some technicals to consider...
The 50ma is above the 200ma and the 200ma looks like it's about to turn up. The volume has been really good on up days over the last 7 sessions and the MACD is pointing up. All this stuff is bullish.

RSI is overbought, but in this market it has not mattered as much compared to past market environments. For example, STX and WDC (all time high today!) both overbought and still continue to head up.

Price by volume indicates there is upside room to 20.50 and 22 areas.

Accumulating shares on pullbacks is a good strategy as long as you set a risk.

Side note: 2008 seems so long ago.. RIMM all time high 148.13 lol

Welp... apples earnings was a flop.. Hopefully it's decline won't carry on for the rest of the week..

Trading tax laws are stupid, you're either a day trader or investor. Nothing in between.
Based on tax laws, sure. Because those are black and white.

What would you call momo investors? Or technical guys like Redler? He's hardly what I would call a day trader.

Welp... apples earnings was a flop.. Hopefully it's decline won't carry on for the rest of the week..
Not really. Earnings were okay. They beat the street and YoY if accounting for last year's 14 week quarter.

The problem was that cluster **** they called guidance.

Last edited:
Trading tax laws are stupid, you're either a day trader or investor. Nothing in between.
Based on tax laws, sure. Because those are black and white.

What would you call momo investors? Or technical guys like Redler? He's hardly what I would call a day trader.

That's why it's stupid, you can't elect mark to market unless you're a day trader.

Last edited:
Well ******g hell. Looking for 420s now over the next couple of months.

In that case you can cash out of Apple and look for the next great stock. Apple is done. There was this talk about Steve Jobs leaving them with like 4 years of products in the pipeline is crap. Do you think a guy as arrogant as Steve Jobs would leave his ideas so that Tim Cook could take credit for them?

Not really. Earnings were okay. They beat the street and YoY if accounting for last year's 14 week quarter.

The problem was that cluster **** they called guidance.

“It is that range is a 5% to 10% year-over-year increase. And there are few factors that are impacting the year-over-year results making the strong performance of the business a little bit harder to see. So, let me point a few of these out. First of all, as we have talked about last several times on the call, last year in the March quarter, we’ve built 2.6 million units of iPhone channel inventory, which allowed us to get into our 4 to 6-week range. That increased the revenue in the year ago quarter by $1.6 billion. And as Tim talked about that was sell-in that was not sell-through, we are thinking about the business on a sell-through basis. So, don’t lose sight of the 1.6 billion.”

That's from the CC. FWIW, it sounds like they are leaving iPad Mini/iPhone inventory building out of guidance.

Just sold 3/4 of my AAPL commons. Now at >80% cash. Plan to start buying companies who are committed to growing their dividend. WMT, GIS, LMT, etc.

Back
Top Bottom