Official Stock Market & Economy Thread

Originally Posted by iEternalv

MA is murdering my portfolio, i need it to go up one day so i can sell.

you think apple will keep going down? i swear im ready to pour money into their stock, this $@@ is ridiculous their company is so damn healthy, just their CEO isnt.
AAPL is the tops in their sector but their !%!! is way too expensive for depression times.
They're in a catch 22. Either way their margins will shrink considerably.

This is just how it looks like to me.

AAPL is toast. once it breaks 80 bucks, prolly mid next week, its going down to 65 and below. there is no safe company out there, don't try to catchfalling knives. even when we start rallying it will only be in nominal terms and precious metals stocks will be the only ones generating big real returns.

so what industries and i gambling on with obama coming into office?

i heard health care, but is there anything else?
i dont know what to think of universal healthcare, is this a good play?

so what industries and i gambling on with obama coming into office?

Gamblers lose in the market. Always.
Even great speculators lose when they gamble.

I pay attention to Yayo's posts because he doesn't gamble.
laugh.gif

JDB- i really hope, for the sake of your trading account, that youre kidding. like i said, might go up in nominal terms but definitely not in real terms. hell,even the recent oil bubble wasn't that impressive if you look at oil priced in gold instead of priced in dollars. nominal returns don't mean you'remaking money if hte currnecy youre making it in is losing value.

wawaweewa is right, gambling is a good way to lose money. why do you want to buy stocks? there isn't always a bull market in equities, but there is alwaysa bull market somewhere and i think the next bull will be in precious metals.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

so what industries should i be investing on when obama coming into office?

Gamblers lose in the market. Always.
Even great speculators lose when they gamble.

I pay attention to Yayo's posts because he doesn't gamble.
laugh.gif
fixed

dky, when is the dowgonna bleed hard?

As of now I'm valuing the dollar with gold and it isn't looking too terrible now.
In the Buy Gold Now thread you said you expect it to be $2,000/oz by the end of the year and while that may be a bit much, when will that happen

dow won't bleed hard, i keep saying its going to bottom at november lows around 7500, prolly gonna be around 750/oz for goild, and thats when goids bullmarket is gonna start. market will continue its decline mid next week after inauguration, load up on bearish positions tues near market close if you haventalreday.

the dollar/market divergence is beginning meaning gold is in its last decline in my opinion, as i predicted. the yen is killing the dollar AS EQUITY VALUESDECLINE. this is significant and shows brand new insecurities about the USD that will definitely show up big time once equity values bounce at 7500 andbernanke and obama start their insane monetized debt and deficit spending.

Loading up on FAZ tuesday at close if I can, I'll be in D.C. @ the inaug. After hours, definitely.

Anyway, does anyone know the TOS acount minimum. Besides a debit card, Etrade is for the loss. They don't even have a chart for DJUSFN, I have to go togoogle

Signing up for TOS paper trading as I type.
eyes.gif

DKY - What do you see in PALM's charts? I know the Palm Pre has created a lot of publicity and excitement but the PDA market is flooded at this point. Evenif the Pre surpasses expectations in terms of functionality (w/ its new mobile OS), I can't see Palm making a serious push into blackberry's or Apples(iphone) market share.

As for everything else you mentioned in the thread, I tend to agree with you on most points and am very bullish on gold (I've been bullish on gold since itwas about 200-300 oz in 2003, just wasn't of age or had the resources to invest). While I don't have the chart skills(thus a bad understanding of entryand exit points - do you have any suggestions on books/websites to get a better grasp on charts?), the fundamentals would say that Obama's proposedexpansionary policy would lead to an inflationary period (once deflation is reversed).

For anyone who doesn't understand exactly what is occurring during this financial crisis, I would suggest reading Prof. Simon Johnson's blog -BaselineScenario . He outlines the beginnings of the crisis and givesstep by step explanations of what has been done and what he thinks should be done. It's definitely one of the best resources I've found that explainswhat is going on in an understandable way.

nicefro- dont sit out next week, start buying bearish positions end of market on tuesday, big down move coming mid to end of next week.

nycballer- need to look into palm's fundamentals more, but the chart is absolutely gorgeous. like i said, i think we're going to have an intermediateterm bottom sometime in february, so nice chart patterns that are setting up now might finally follow through unlike the ones in the last six months that weregetting destoryed by this terribel bear market. google "cup and handle" and you'll see what i expect palm's chart to do.

dky, not really my choice, my funds won't be available until thursday, and I'll also be at the inaug.

DKY - Based on your "Cup and Handle" assessment of PALM, you see a "handle" pull back of $5.50-6.50 into February's temporary return toNovember lows. Once we hit November lows, you'd predict a bounce off the November lows creating the new volume to pull PALM's stock price above itsresistance level of about $7.75-8?

While in the short term I could understand the possibility of jump in the stock but in terms of long-term viability, I think I'd rather have theopportunity to use the Pre and see how comparable it is to the iphone and blackberry's. They really have all their resources getting thrown into oneproduct/Operating system. The treo has lost its flair and the Centro certainly hasn't performed as well as investor's had hoped. Though, given thedecline in Steve Jobs' health and the OS issues RIM seems to have with the Storm, PALM certainly has an opening to grab investor's and consumersattention.

the massive volume and price expansion in palm suggests something is going on and institutions are buying shares as quickly as they can, i'll have to lookinto palm's fundamentals when i'm not so lazy sometime... idk where palms handle pulls back to, we'll have to see

Royal Bank of Scotland down 67% today.
eek.gif

Canada, France, Germany, UK all down.
Asia looking good.

RBS lost a boatload of dough, its the new Citibank.

PALM was nice the other day and so was FAZ.

I barely saw this thread but now I plan on posting here often.

Sidenote: ThinkorSwim is the best.

Back
Top Bottom