Official Stock Market & Economy Thread

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

btw yayo can't believe that TOS gives out their software for free.
Thanks for the heads up.
well, since tdameritrade acquired them, who knows if that will continue in the future.

Stop trying to daytrade these equities, get in and hold them til the market bottom. The only thing you should worry about "timing" with is options.

GS is down huge. SHLD is toast. AAPL is toast. SRS getting ready for a big move up, SPG VNO BXP ready for a big move down. QQQQ looking ready to go down a lot.UBS almost at november lows. MET PRU ALL and other insurers are all down huge. HBC down huge. GE down big. GBP/USD just collapseddd.

And on top of that, bond prices FELL today and commodities are UP. This is very significant. This implies a strong divergence and inflationary weakness in thedollar is showing up now in market prices. Gold is going to be making a huge move once the market bottoms at 7500.

Anyone who's been following my trades the last three weeks should be making huge money right now. I'm up six figures in the last seven days.

Hey DKY. Why would SHLD drop like a rock if they beat earnings easily? I don't own any shares but I was just doing my DD.

qpitfighter- SHLD didn't beat earnings they beat one month sales. Also SHLD is an insolvent company that may need a bailout eventually. Lampart has run thecompany into the ground with no diversification and repeated debt-financed LEVERAGED earnings reinvestment into retail.

wallyhoop- wait for the gold bull, thats when itll really start gettin dope

damn I had a feeling there wouldn't be a rally. I should've got into some GS puts at the beginning of the day and got a 100%+ gain.

DKY - whats your opinion on the future of visa, internationally? as they expand to china, india, places that dont have a large credit network yet. chance for Vto surpass triple digits?

Originally Posted by finnns2003

DKY - whats your opinion on the future of visa, internationally? as they expand to china, india, places that dont have a large credit network yet. chance for V to surpass triple digits?

How is China and India going to grow there economies without debt laden US consumers?
That's all they know how to do.

India's in a bit of a better position than China but both are in a world of hurt.

All these finance companies will shrink.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by finnns2003

DKY - whats your opinion on the future of visa, internationally? as they expand to china, india, places that dont have a large credit network yet. chance for V to surpass triple digits?

How is China and India going to grow there economies without debt laden US consumers?
That's all they know how to do.

India's in a bit of a better position than China but both are in a world of hurt.

All these finance companies will shrink.
good points. i remember when the V IPO was released, biggest hype of all time.
laugh.gif

finnns2003- visa is going to suffer demand destruction globally. credit crisis. visa won't be a legit long until an economic turnaround. the only reasonthey would IPO in this bad of a market is because they wanted to raise capital/financing for the upcoming crisis.

SKF, FAZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mad.gif

WHY DID MY TRAILING STOP ENTER @ 140!!!!!!!!!

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

It's whatever though, I'll should be able to participate on Friday and whenever these things drop, I'll just get into their opposites. Still megaheated that I missed out on a 37% gain cause of a trailing. Oh well.

nicefro- financials have gotten killed but these REITs look like theyre rolling over big now, SRS might make a big move now, SPG VNO BXP look ready to breakdown hard. FAZ and SKF prolly still gonna go up a lot more but it'd be crazy to buy them all the way up here. SRS is at a great pivot point to buy off of.Going to triple digits.

Also, when do you think this plunge for the market will be over? Mid next week or so?

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
at FAZ

oh man why didn't i buy. what move should i make next, i still have some money to put in. i got in on SRS at 52.49, im feeling good about that. is AGUever gonna recover(bought in a 79)??

Originally Posted by nicefro

It's whatever though, I'll should be able to participate on Friday and whenever these things drop, I'll just get into their opposites. Still mega heated that I missed out on a 37% gain cause of a trailing. Oh well.

tell me about it...i pulled the trigger around 12pm today before heading to class. Just got back and i'm feeling real salty for being so stupid...
smh.gif
smh.gif

right now, all i can hope is that the market recovers a bit so i can get in because I dont want to take the chance at these price points (or should I-what youthink Yayo. Is faz gonna move down before going higher again, or did i lose this one...smh)

oh man why didn't i buy. what move should i make next, i still have some money to put in. i got in on SRS at 52.49, im feeling good about that. is AGU ever gonna recover(bought in a 79)??
you bought AGU at 79...ay dos mios...
eek.gif
...must be hurtingright now

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Originally Posted by nicefro

It's whatever though, I'll should be able to participate on Friday and whenever these things drop, I'll just get into their opposites. Still mega heated that I missed out on a 37% gain cause of a trailing. Oh well.

tell me about it...i pulled the trigger around 12pm today before heading to class. Just got back and i'm feeling real salty for being so stupid...
smh.gif
smh.gif

right now, all i can hope is that the market recovers a bit so i can get in because I dont want to take the chance at these price points (or should I-what you think Yayo. Is faz gonna move down before going higher again, or did i lose this one...smh)

oh man why didn't i buy. what move should i make next, i still have some money to put in. i got in on SRS at 52.49, im feeling good about that. is AGU ever gonna recover(bought in a 79)??
you bought AGU at 79...ay dos mios...
eek.gif
...must be hurting right now

Don't feel salty. You weren't greedy. Next time if you've already made a profit and there's still time left in the day fortrading, set a healthy trailing stop. never set a trailing stop before or after trading hours.

smh.gif
x 50,000 at me for considering doing that and then doing it.

antigen- FAZ is just too high up now for me to recommend a buy even though it's probably gonna go up a lot still. SRS is at a GREAT pivot point and i thinkit may go up big in the next couple weeks from these levels.

blazers- Cut your losses on AGU and put it into good positions. AGU is about to break down to november lows and below.

nicefro- who knows, whenever we start bouncing neear november lows.

AAPL toast.

Also DKY, I know you're in school for corporate law, but have you considered running a hedge fund?

Don't wanna look through 28 pages but i got a little cash to spend and a friend told me to buy some stock

any websites you guys recommend that can break down stocks to me?

I definitely agree with you on commercial real estate.
Of the three you mentioned, I'm looking at shorting SPG.

DKY-

I just wanted to say that I love you. I bought FAZ, SRS, SKF equity last week and today was my biggest day ever. If I can learn options and start making theserious money, I will give you ten percent of my profits. I'm serious man, keep up with the good advice. Your analysis is right on, good work.

I'll be back later tonight to ask a couple questions.

Back
Top Bottom