Official Stock Market & Economy Thread

I purchased 6000 shares of UXG @ .78 should i sell now or hold on to them longer?
nerd.gif

wowwww UXG is a great chart. i'd hold on to that stock unless you want to actively trade it. it will pull back soon, but will start rising again in a monthprolly. if you bought in at such a low price, i'd hold on to it and add to your position on pullbacks. great stock.

financials... theyre all insolvent, just trading vehicles. way too inluenced by manipulation and way too worthless of companies for me to be interested.

C could be nationalized. equity to 0. i actually opened a small march put position in it this morning.

ferts are strong, but market is weak. oil inventories at 11 may provide direction.

gold pullback is here as expected... 3-4 weeks and gold will set a higher low in.

Originally Posted by Dey Know Yayo

C could be nationalized. equity to 0. i actually opened a small march put position in it this morning.

ferts are strong, but market is weak. oil inventories at 11 may provide direction.

gold pullback is here as expected... 3-4 weeks and gold will set a higher low in.
are u still 100% cash? still have a small position in MOS, should i hold or sell by days end?

EDIT: nm, trailing stop kicked in on MOS.

i opened up small positions in:

pot calls
cf calls
esi puts
apol puts
c puts

this morning. all are profitable so far. i'd hold MOS, wait for something to happen.

yeah pullingback like i expected after a huge surge... wait 3-4 weeks i'll let u know when i buy back into precious metals and miners.

this weekend... i think bank of america and citigroup will be nationalized and the dow will double bottom at november lows. if tomorrow is a big down day,i'll be buying calls near close on this thesis.

edu stra apol esi finally toast.

education companies (like univ of phoenix etc.) are toast. adults and teenagers who enroll for classes to get degrees bc they have spare time and somecredit/money for tuition are gone. people will start defaulting on student loans, especially for educations like these and the people trying to get thesedegrees from these schools are going to leave night classes to go find work to make $$$. recession ftl. edu stra apol esi are education stocks like these. apolowns univ of phoenix.

that's so sad, people are trying to become educated and this economy is going to backhand them back to minimum wage work.

i still have faith FAS will get to 7 or 8, if not, im going down with it like the titanic.

whole foods is trash, how are they making money in this economy.

DKY - So you're going back to you prediction from a week or so ago. Meaning, you think that industrial metals, ferts, techs, etc. will jump on the bounceoff from November lows? So those would be the sectors you'd be putting calls on?

how much money do you guys make from trading? I'm just being a spectator right now since I don't have much money to invest right now.

if we reverse at november lows, commodities are best. if we break down, financials insurers and reit's will lead the way. in any scenario, gold goes up,precious metals are the only things im trading big positions in.

ferts look strong though. if govt intervenes in c or bac this weekend, it's probably cause for a sharp reversal and possibly bottom in crude.

butttttttt be aware of PPT, especially with options expiration tomorrow.

this is a very tough market to trade, dont have anything but small positions.

IM still holdin on to my gold posistions cause im not traders like yall. shoot i pay (19.95) for each trade.

I had opened an IRA but it was 100% cash reserves for nearly 3 years, i was thinking it would take care of itself (not true). NO diversification at all. now ihave a few different stocks with gold, and now i at least have a chance to make some money.

Anything wrong with my thinking?

if we reverse at november lows, commodities are best. if we break down, financials insurers and reit's will lead the way. in any scenario, gold goes up, precious metals are the only things im trading big positions in.

ferts look strong though. if govt intervenes in c or bac this weekend, it's probably cause for a sharp reversal and possibly bottom in crude.

Nationalization of C and BAC would cause a reversal on the notion of finally "getting it out of the way"?

The opening rally was quickly sold off. No buyers to be found.

bad news comes out at the bottom... BAC and C being nationalized means their bad paper is copmpletely written off and paid for my taxpayers and foreignlenders. their equity would be 0.

bad news comes out at the bottom... BAC and C being nationalized means their bad paper is copmpletely written off and paid for my taxpayers and foreign lenders. their equity would be 0.

That's a damn good line of reasoning. Never thought of it that way.

butttttttt be aware of PPT, especially with options expiration tomorrow.

this is a very tough market to trade, dont have anything but small positions.
tell me about it. i'm relieved to exit my positions in the green. i'll probably stay on the sidelines until we see a substantial moveone way or the other.

i have a question about FAS. if banks get nationalized, does that mean FAS goes to 0 (or close to it)?

Back
Top Bottom