Official Stock Market & Economy Thread

Originally Posted by nicefro

My goodness look at SKF and FAZ premarket.
and SRS ...
smh.gif

tired.gif
@ me selling @ close yesterday ... i'm staying in cash right now... this is crazy ...

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

Originally Posted by nicefro

My goodness look at SKF and FAZ premarket.
and SRS ...
smh.gif

tired.gif
@ me selling @ close yesterday ... i'm staying in cash right now ... this is crazy ...
Don't get too ahead of yourself, any return is good.

Originally Posted by Dey Know Yayo

nicefro be very careful with that FAZ position, set a tight stop.
my FAS/FAZ is about even, hedged.

how are your hedge fund plans coming?

but you bought FAS at its top and FAZ at its premarket top. you'd be hedged 50/50 if you bought FAS and FAZ at the same time.

still waiting for my CRD

risk of ukranian default could kill euro and bring gold up even more short term. expect sharp pullback in coming weeks though.

Originally Posted by MnMballa2323

aight DKY...i got a little money to spend...im lookin at RIMM, BAC, and FAS...what u think?

Haha you're crazy investing in any of those three. Look back a few pages, he's got good recommendations.

man FAS keeps on falling, i had 500 @ 8.06, so im almost down 50%, smh. I was thinking of buying 250 at 4.00 to average down and help cut losses. or should ijust sell and take the L?

We just lost our quarterly bonuses until further notice and our hours were cut.
tired.gif

BTW, I work for a communications company...

huuuuuuuge coordinated dollar sell off... i really think we are going to see a nationalization, maybe volcker talking (at 130 i think) will suggest it. ireally think market reverses hard today or modnay and some bank gets nationalized over the weekend, most likely citi.

i sold out of my bearish positoins for a big gain this morning. i'm jumping in on crude and the aussie dollar. gold is too extended up here, i think it hasone more short term pop left in it but its reall going to hit a sharp pullback soon imo.

ill be getting SKF puts at close if things shape up as i expect.

if the banks (BAC, C) become nationalized, will their stock go to 0? or how does this work?

if they become nationalized there goes a couple Gs i put in FAS.

Be very carful on Gold guys, i am sure a large pullback is coming. I am taking profits on my gld position today.

Here are some good thoughts on when to buy Gold.

1) It is above $1000
AND
2) you can still here the sounds of whole countries imploding in the distance. This would be visible in the FX markets... where major currency pairs wouldstart going absolutely ape**** AND multiple, global financial institutions start collapsing SIMULTANEOUSLY (Lehman style, despite the best efforts of centralbanks and governments). We need to see Iceland like conditions in some larger countries (europe..)

Otherwise the risk of watching gold go cliff diving is actually VERY large...

they say gold's fair value is ~ $750/ounce

i still think gold will hit $2k/ounce soon, and if it drops to 750/ounce, im going out to buy bullion.

real gold > paper gold.

Back
Top Bottom