OFFICIAL Super Bowl XLIX Thread | Patriots 28 - Seahawks 24 | Great Game, Crazy Finish | Congrats to

Who Will Win Super Bowl XLIX

• Seahawks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Patriots

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don't really like the Seahawks, hate the Patriots. :smh:

Give me a close game and i'll be happy.

Steve Levy ‏@espnSteveLevy 3m3 minutes ago
over the last 8 games, in 4th quarter and OT, the @Seahawks have allowed just 13 points... @Patriots have allowed 12. #super

both teams bring it in the 4th quarter on defense :pimp:

am i the only one who thinks that even as the best defense in the NFL the hawks are overrated?

nothing personal against Sherman, i usually take a liking to "heels". but i dont think hes as good as everyone makes him out to be.

growing up i saw  corners like Deion, Ty Law, CWoodson in his prime, ROD woodson, Champ Baily play. Heck even that corner on San Fran with the neck celebration was nasty. These guys were tested. They lined up on both sides of the field. I dont get this only plays the left/right side of the field nonsense. 

i think a lot of sherman is smoke and mirrors. im not gonna get too far into it but the guy tips a pass or two and makes it like he saved the world from a nuclear detonation. 

i will however give him all the credit in the world pending this superbowl and that its not a mess like last years. i feel like we missed out on what could have been the greatest matchup of Offensive and Defense last year and something just went wrong with Denver.

Hopefully we get that this year.  

An overrated defense would've never basically shut down the MVP and the #1 ranked offense in the 2nd half on Sunday 
laugh.gif
. You singled him out but Sherman's also not the only key component to that D. There's a bunch of other studs from top to bottom all over that front 7 and secondary 
sick.gif

Last edited:
theyre the best defense in the NFL i acknowled that. probably by a lot. but i meant overated in terms of them being pretty much compared to that of the 85 bears. 

and i singled out sherman because i feel hes the part that makes me feel theyre overated in those terms. as a group yea theres not much of an argument. but him being the focal point of it, makes me argue and compare him to guys like baily, woodson, law. i dont see him doing that much to warrant all his praise. 

Wow.

NT right now is at 51% on the Seahawks.

Interesting.

Hope y'all right. 
ohwell.gif

Last edited:
theyre the best defense in the NFL i acknowled that. probably by a lot. but i meant overated in terms of them being pretty much compared to that of the 85 bears. 

and i singled out sherman because i feel hes the part that makes me feel theyre overated in those terms. as a group yea theres not much of an argument. but him being the focal point of it, makes me argue and compare him to guys like baily, woodson, law. i dont see him doing that much to warrant all his praise. 

How old were you in 1985?

How old were you in 1985?

-6 for me boss

GOAT gets #4

:pimp:

This from the Ohio guy. Where the game came ytogether. I'm feelin it

THIS...

... is wen why I'll be pulling for the Seahawks.

I can't have that kind of mess being tossed around as frequently as it would be if the Pats win.

C'mon, Russy. :\ Eat a Snickers before the game, please. You're not you when you're hungry. None of this 4 ints foolishness.

Yes eat a
Snickers. Let the milk wear down his body

I feel dirty even typing that

Thanks, @toine2983
:nthat:  I made you the thread starter, and copied your OP contents into the OP.

Also merged the SB posts from the first thread into this one, so those responses appear first, and THEN the responses from everyone who had responded once you made this thread.

Sounds confusing.

You're the OP, and the first posts are the posts from the other thread (since they came first, time wise), and then the posts from the people who replied to the thread you made.

PLEASE don't let this be a sign of over-officiating.....

I was born in '85 so I can't fully speak on that, but I find this Seattle defense to be the best defense I've ever seen.

To the second point...Lots of people will argue that the early 00's Baltimore defense is better. That's fine, but from a fan standpoint they had more recognizable individuals. It probably turns out that way for the Earl Thomas' and Bobby Wagner's because this defense is by and large a young unit and players still have lots of time to show their individual greatness, but why they're so damn great is because it fully encompasses the term 'team defense.' They all fly around with a purpose and their ability to debilitate so many great passing offenses in today's NFL is phenomenal.

Last edited:
00 Ravens were definitely a team D as well. 85 Bears created pressure like we've never seen before or again. I think the ineptness in their offense actually helps the Ravens legacy as well, while they had a good running game Dilfer is clearly not as good as RW and for them to still win a SB in dominating fashion was impressive

Edit - this is why we need that NFL D thread!

Last edited:
00 Ravens were definitely a team D as well. 85 Bears created pressure like we've never seen before or again. I think the ineptness in their offense actually helps the Ravens legacy as well, while they had a good running game Dilfer is clearly not as good as RW and for them to still win a SB in dominating fashion was impressive
I suppose all the great ones are. I would say though that I think they were greater versus the run.

Have they announced the refs for the game?
Referee BILL VINOVICH will lead the seven-person crew of game officials selected to work Super Bowl XLIX on Sunday,
February 1 at University of Phoenix Stadium, the NFL announced today.

The other members of the Super Bowl XLIX officiating crew are BILL SCHUSTER (umpire), DANA MC KENZIE (head
linesman), MARK PERLMAN (line judge), BOB WAGGONER (field judge), TOM HILL (side judge), and TERRENCE
MILES
(back judge). Collectively, the Super Bowl XLIX officiating crew has 86 years of NFL officiating experience and 59
combined playoff game assignments.

Vinovich, in his 9th season as an NFL game official, entered the league in 2001 as a side judge and was promoted to
referee in 2004. He has officiated 5 playoff games, including three divisional playoffs. He was the alternate referee for
Super Bowl XLVII.

Under the NFL officiating program's evaluation system, officials must be rated in the top tier at their position to be eligible
for the Super Bowl. They must have at least five years of NFL experience and previous playoff assignments.
MIKE WIMMER is the replay official. The replay assistant is TERRY POULOS
https://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/01-20-15-super-bowl-game-officials-named-2.pdf

Back
Top Bottom