Official Super Bowl XLVI Thread: New England Patriots vs New York Giants (Rematch) Feb 5th

toine2983:
Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

I merged the two threads and gave the lead to DMoney.

effort > thirst

I appreciate a late A+  B-  paper over a C- paper on time.
laugh.gif
Maybe that's just me.

At any rate, Patriots by 42 katrillion.

Fixed.

The only difference between the two threads is one had roman numerals and the other didn't.
laugh.gif

If this thread title is a B-, then the original thread title of the first thread was a F-. Did you see it?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jhova718

effort?

ill remember next time to add capitals and roman numerals... smh.

you typed up the title and waited to hit submit; you couldn't do any better than lowercase and two periods 
laugh.gif

I picked The Saints from the NFC, and Patriots from the AFC to be in this game.

Since only one team made it, I'm going with that team, The Patriots.

Tom Brady
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sole searchin

Eli will be immortalized if he wins this.

Beating Romo/Dallas to get in the playoffs
Beating Rodgers
Beating Brady

I could not care less for either team, but that NYG Dline is scary (not so much their secondary).
As of now, i would take the Gmen +3
Plunkett beat fouts theismann and stabler en route to two rings. i shall call  him Plunkett lite

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Brady gets his 4th SB and ends the discussion over who is the greatest QB of all time. vincecarterit'sover.gif
How does it end the discussion?

Originally Posted by epox12

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Brady gets his 4th SB and ends the discussion over who is the greatest QB of all time. vincecarterit'sover.gif
How does it end the discussion?

It puts him in a class of just possibly him and Joe Cool. Doesn't end the discussion though 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Originally Posted by sole searchin

Eli will be immortalized if he wins this.

Beating Romo/Dallas to get in the playoffs
Beating Rodgers
Beating Brady

I could not care less for either team, but that NYG Dline is scary (not so much their secondary).
As of now, i would take the Gmen +3
Plunkett beat fouts theismann and stabler en route to two rings. i shall call  him Plunkett lite
If your going to add potentially both super bowls you gotta add favre and brady (x2)
Farve, Brady, Rodgers, Brady again

I'd have to give that to Eli judging how immortalized Favre, Rodgers, and especially Brady has been by the media.

this giants team is bult for the dome our WRs will run wild on you!

peyton either sees brady win number 4 or big bro win number 2 in his house.....lol deep down inside i dont think he is happy for little bro

As nice as this Giants X Eli's run has been...there's no way I see Brady X Brian B not getting revenge on them.
Not only for ruining their undefeated season, but for coming into NE and handing them an L earlier this season.

I wonder if the Pats D is able to contain Manning though, the Broncos X Ravens aren't a true test to judge if they're defense is any better than they showed all season.

nah Eli has done things QBs havent 15 TDs in the 4th new record, so many clutch come from behind wins, most road wins in the history of the NFL playoffs........4 years ago eli beat and out played hall of frame/pro bowl qbs in frave, brady, romo......those were 2 number 1 seeded teams and 1 2 seed......only qb to say he beat 2 1 seeds and 1 2 seed is eli manning and he has a chance to repeat history which will be epic........

Rematch of one my favorite SBs in recent years. Hope its another great one, honestly dont care who wins but Im always partial to the NFC.

Originally Posted by DallasSneakerHead08

As nice as this Giants X Eli's run has been...there's no way I see Brady X Brian B not getting revenge on them.
Not only for ruining their undefeated season, but for coming into NE and handing them an L earlier this season.

I wonder if the Pats D is able to contain Manning though, the Broncos X Ravens aren't a true test to judge if they're defense is any better than they showed all season.
The Giants defense is going to pressure Brady all game long though. The Patriots can't do the same. Eli's receiver's are better than Tom's.  Giants are in a great position. The Patriots have no deep threats at all. 

those were 2 number 1 seeded teams and 1 2 seed......only qb to say he beat 2 1
seeds and 1 2 seed is eli manning and he has a chance to repeat history which
will be epic........

No 1 seeds in the NFC are cursed now. 07 Cowboys, 08 Giants, 10' Falcons, and this years Packers all lost their first playoff games. 
09 Saints only team to advance and win Superbowl.    

EDIT- and thats wrong. 05 steelers beat 2 number one seeded teams (Seattle, Indy) and the number 2 (Denver)

The Giants defense is going to pressure Brady all game long though. The Patriots can't do the same. Eli's receiver's are better than Tom's.  Giants are in a great position. The Patriots have no deep threats at all. 
I'm not sure if there's a better WR corp than Welker X Gronk X Hernandez X Branch X the rest of the gang.

I'm not sure if there's a better WR corp than Welker X Gronk X Hernandez X Branch X the rest of the gang.
They are not as explosive nor even have the speed the GMen's trio have.
These guys have a nice system but everything is thrown short, GMen just have to play the way they did earlier in the year, and the Pats secondary is very vulnerable.

Back
Top Bottom