Official Super Bowl XLVI Thread: New England Patriots vs New York Giants (Rematch) Feb 5th

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Tired of the same teams in the SB...
30t6p3b.gif

This 
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Whats the point of watching this Super Bowl? I could just get the DVD of the 2007 Super Bowl if I wanted to see this matchup. 49ers going back to the Super Bowl for the 1st time since the Steve Young days would have been EPIC
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dmxfury

NFL and salary cap = most fair and craziest professional sport we have.

Exactly. The cap and the player franchise tag works great. other sports could use it or implement it better. Cleveland would still have bron bron.

The cap in Baseball is needed. I'm an A's fan and grew up a pirates fan in Pittsburgh and I know neither team has any money and that before spring training even starts I have no shot at celebrating a WS title.

Football is great! it's why the Super bowl is seen in almost every country in the world. Why ratings always are threw the roof. Why our troops in other countries can all gather together for a piece of Home. Even though my teams not in it can't wait for the 6th. Root root root for the Giants.

Originally Posted by sthebest

30t6p3b.gif

This 
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Whats the point of watching this Super Bowl? I could just get the DVD of the 2007 Super Bowl if I wanted to see this matchup. 49ers going back to the Super Bowl for the 1st time since the Steve Young days would have been EPIC
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Would of been the sixth time though 
eyes.gif
. Nothing new about that. The 2007 Super bowl was epic. Why wouldn't a rematch be?

30t6p3b.gif

This 
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Whats the point of watching this Super Bowl? I could just get the DVD of the 2007 Super Bowl if I wanted to see this matchup. 49ers going back to the Super Bowl for the 1st time since the Steve Young days would have been EPIC
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

This is mainly in the AFC Side though. The NFC had a different team for the last 9 years until the Giants got back this year.

Originally Posted by epox12

30t6p3b.gif

This 
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

This is mainly in the AFC Side though. The NFC had a different team for the last 9 years until the Giants got back this year.
Exactly and it isn't the same match up. Squads are different. your going to be waiting a long time to see Eli throw another pass to David Tyree in this super Bowl. Or Strahan to move in for a sack. Or Richard Seymour throw his huge arms up to deflect a pass. Again if your a football fan it's the super bowl. No dvd of teams playing years ago can quench your thirst for football. If your team has ever one a SB you might as well stop watching football and watch the DVD.

Originally Posted by BigBrandon

30t6p3b.gif

This 
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Whats the point of watching this Super Bowl? I could just get the DVD of the 2007 Super Bowl if I wanted to see this matchup. 49ers going back to the Super Bowl for the 1st time since the Steve Young days would have been EPIC
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

eyes.gif
. Nothing new about that. The 2007 Super bowl was epic. Why wouldn't a rematch be?
Granted it was epic, but it was only so epic because the Patriots were heavily favorited to win and got pwned by the Giants. it was a great win but I don't need to see it replayed again. I just feel Niners against the Pats would have been a even better matchup

This 
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

eyes.gif
Granted it was epic, but it was only so epic because the Patriots were heavily favorited to win and got pwned by the Giants. it was a great win but I don't need to see it replayed again. I just feel Niners against the Pats would have been a even better matchup
You seen what the Patriots been doing to teams? Alex Smith? That might of been one of the most boring lopsided super bowls since the ravens smacked the giants. Don't get me wrong the niners D was solid this year but the niners needed a miracle to beat the Saints last week after five turnovers. I live in San Francisco and was at the game today so no hating but they would of got demolished by the Pats. At least Eli can put up points in bunches and with the D they can go toe to toe with New England

Punt-Return-Touched-e1327286296507.jpg

this in the SB?
grin.gif

It may have been good but not this year. The Giants have the experience and the momentum. Going against a guy playing in his 5th! super bowl. Your going to need it.

Punt-Return-Touched-e1327286296507.jpg

this in the SB?
grin.gif

It may have been good but not this year. The Giants have the experience and the momentum. Going against a guy playing in his 5th! super bowl. Your going to need it.
The Patriots just squeaked by the Ravens old defense today. Both the Giants and 49ers would have had a great chance at beating them. You are making the Patriots sound like they are some offensive juggernaut.

The ravens old defense? HA! Never thought I'd be defending the Pats because I hate them I'm just saying that they would put it on SF on a big stage Neutral field.

They have a hot offense though maybe not a juggernaut but:

Dropped 49 points on the Bills, 41 at Denver and a good Broncos D, 34 against the skins, 31 against the colts, 38 at Philly, 34 against KC, 37 at the jets and 30 against them at Gilette, 31 at Oakland, 31 against the bills, 35 against the chargers, 38 against the dolphins and 45 in the playoffs against the broncos. If thats not a high scoring offense i don't know what is. what is that 13 games of at least 30 points

The ravens old defense? HA! Never thought I'd be defending the Pats because I hate them I'm just saying that they would put it on SF on a big stage Neutral field.

Dropped 49 points on the Bills, 41 at Denver and a good Broncos D, 34 against the skins, 31 against the colts, 38 at Philly, 34 against KC, 37 at the jets and 30 against them at Gilette, 31 at Oakland, 31 against the bills, 35 against the chargers, 38 against the dolphins and 45 in the playoffs against the broncos. If thats not a high scoring offense i don't know what is. what is that 13 games of at least 30 points
Every single team you listed sucks. Denver was the only "playoff team" on that list and we know how good they are.

Every single team you listed sucks. Denver was the only "playoff team" on that list and we know how good they are.

Not sure if you watch football but putting up numbers like that against any team in the nfl ain't easy. The niners with the soft schedule and playing against arguably the worst division in football sure weren't putting up numbers like that. Or when the couldn't get a touchdown in Cinci or had to barely squeak past the browns at home. Even though say San Diego or Oakland even KC weren't playoff teams they weren't horrible either. Kc even bet the pack

No sense in arguing with this guy.

He looks at the score and thinks he knows how everything went down.

*IGNORE*

Not sure if you watch football but putting up numbers like that against any team in the nfl ain't easy. The niners with the soft schedule and playing against arguably the worst division in football sure weren't putting up numbers like that. Or when the couldn't get a touchdown in Cinci or had to barely squeak past the browns at home. Even though say San Diego or Oakland even KC weren't playoff teams they weren't horrible either. Kc even bet the pack
The Patriots defense can allow points to anyone. Joe Flacco was shredding them like cheese in the 4th quarter. All game long he had success throwing against them. The 49ers could have put up points against them and done a better job defensively than what the Ravens did. Either NFC team had a great chance to beat the Patriots.

And even though they may not have been playoff teams a lot of those teams were .500 or just under which makes it even more impressive. This super bowl should be great. D wins championships but offense is exciting and hopefully we see a lot of it in this game. Oakland vs Tampa points

Originally Posted by What up

No sense in arguing with this guy.

He looks at the score and thinks he knows how everything went down.

*IGNORE*

Didn't think it was an argument. Just competitive sports banter but I actually do watch a heck of a lot of football but ok. Def don't just look at the score just pointing it out. Have fun though. Enjoy the super bowl everyone. Congrats to giants and patriots fans.

Epox I agree that Flacco did and the pats D is def suspect even no good before the last few games. And your right the niners would of had a shot of course I just don't think it would of been that close that's all. I went to almost every niner home game this yet and since I live in the city I see almost every game and I just think they have a lot of holes that's all.

I can't believe ppl can talk crazy about the Pats and downplay the Giants. Niners fans that were talking reckless are eating crow now. Now we dealing with that in this thread? Really?

Yall should be real quiet with 2 weeks to go.

It doesn't even matter if you point out all of our weaknesses (whether it's true or you over exaggerate them) we can still find a way to win.

Y'all San Fran fools just mad ya bum %@% team didn't make it...patriots by a td...Brady is a legend...

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

Y'all San Fran fools just mad ya bum %@% team didn't make it...patriots by a td...Brady is a legend...
laugh.gif

Should be a good one. Go Giants, please beat the Pats. (hi deadset)
laugh.gif

Wait cause the Pata scored a bunch of points in the regular season they will roll over them? Tell me why the packers and saints lost last week then. Giants and 9ers put the pressure in your face, something Brady doesn't like and the defense that automatically Gives up 300 yards and 2 touchdowns. Ya this will be a close one.

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Wait cause the Pata scored a bunch of points in the regular season they will roll over them? Tell me why the packers and saints lost last week then. Giants and 9ers put the pressure in your face, something Brady doesn't like and the defense that automatically Gives up 300 yards and 2 touchdowns. Ya this will be a close one.
Isn't that what the Ravens did, but the D was clutch and the Pats won. Without Brady being on top of his game.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

laugh.gif

Should be a good one. Go Giants, please beat the Pats. (hi deadset)
laugh.gif
sup friend
smokin.gif

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom